GUILTY NC - Janet Christiansen Abaroa, 25, pregnant, murdered, Durham, 26 April 2005

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
To all of those who followed Janet's case when it was originally featured here at Crimes in the News, there have been some major developments over the last 24 hours.

1. Police have seized email communications through Google / Gmail.

2. Autopsy information including the fact that Janet was indeed pregnant at the time of her murder.

For more information you can locate news reports in the forum for Janet. I know it's been kind of quiet the past couple of months and many folks who followed the case dropped off due to lack of media attention. Thought some of you might appreciate knowing that there's been some activity on the case.

For everyone who might not be following the Janet Christiansen Abaroa case closly I thought I would share this here just in case you are in the right area and would like to watch it.

Saturday Night: Who Killed Janet?

From WRAL and NC WANTED
Posted: Jul. 10, 2007 1:34 a.m.
Updated: Nov. 8, 2007 2:35 p.m.

DURHAM COUNTY: Another murder of a pregnant mother remains unsolved. This time it happend in Durham. NC WANTED will feature the unsolved case of Janet Christiansen Abaroa this Saturday night, November 10, 2007 after WRAL's 10 O'Clock News on FOX50.

I understand that it will also be posted on the NC Wanted website on Monday.

Here is the link to the News & Updates page of Tears For Janet.

If anyone lives in the Durham area and would like to watch and share here online in real time that would be wonderful. :eek:

For everyone who might not be following the Janet Christiansen Abaroa case closly I thought I would share this here just in case you are in the right area and would like to watch it.

Saturday Night: Who Killed Janet?

From WRAL and NC WANTED
Posted: Jul. 10, 2007 1:34 a.m.
Updated: Nov. 8, 2007 2:35 p.m.

DURHAM COUNTY: Another murder of a pregnant mother remains unsolved. This time it happend in Durham. NC WANTED will feature the unsolved case of Janet Christiansen Abaroa this Saturday night, November 10, 2007 after WRAL's 10 O'Clock News on FOX50.

I understand that it will also be posted on the NC Wanted website on Monday.

Here is the link to the News & Updates page of Tears For Janet.

If anyone lives in the Durham area and would like to watch and share here online in real time that would be wonderful. :eek:

It's about d***ed time. Thanks for posting this.

Steve/Mr. A

Hi Steve! Your website was my first stop this morning to share the news. Glad you found me here! I hope you can let a few people know over at your site.

Thank you for following Janet's case and keeping her in the hearts of the people who care.

Have a great day!

Thanks for letting us know. She so deserves Justice, like yesterday.

I totally agree! I wish I knew someone who lived in the area so we could get real time input. Alas, no one has stepped up yet. That's ok, I can wait until Monday to hear what Raven has to say, I've waited this long.

Thanks for the post/bump CD.

From the wral link in Rainbows' post

Raven Abaroa's arrest was a joint operation by the Durham Police Department, the FBI Task Force, the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation, the Montpelier Police Department in Idaho, the East Idaho STAR (Special Tactics and Response) Team and the Bear Lake County Sheriff's Department in Idaho.

Seems it takes a village to cage this bird!
Thank goodness Janet's family will see justice served after 5 long years. Great work by all 6 cooperating agencies!

Oh wow.......took me a second to realize who this was........!

OhMyGosh!

I can hardly believe it. I'm crying here.

Justice for Janet!

Yes!
fran

Yes! This is wonderful news. Finally Justice for Janet! Hats off to the six LE agencies for their teamwork and perseverance!

wm

I so hope they FILMED his arrest!

I would just love to see the look on his face when LE came knocking with his new bracelet!

fran

Now hope Josh Powell is shaking in his boots!
Took 5 years to get Raven...........but they do get the criminal
sooner or later!

Finally! Thank you LE for taking your time and getting a full, stone case together!! LOL I'm sure as long as it's still news about him he will be eating this up, good or bad, Hope hes in jail for the rest of his LIFE! JUSTICE FOR JANET!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back