Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I find it interesting the behaviour of the boyfriend. He calls her 15 minutes after he drops her off, I don't know but that sound kind of controlling to me.

Then he calls her again the next morning......

They had their first date in June, by July 1, they were a couple, and seven weeks later they were talking about buying a house.

Behaviour of an abusive person..........

Alicia Ross

I, too, am confused about the information. I didn't read about anyone seeing signs of a struggle in the driveway, but I did read that the BF had been at her house and left and then tried to call her a few minutes later, but didn't talk to her. I agree....a bit controlling.
    What I find real interesting is that he would be the one to call and report her missing. I wonder if he contacted her parents first, and if they were concerned. It is odd that the BF wasn't with the parents at the news conference and one paper reported that most of her close friends hadn't been introduced to him.
    It seems that LE are following the same pattern, yes, there is a "person of interest", no, there isn't, "we are treating this as a missing persons case", "this is now a criminal investigation". It seems as though they are using the same profiler and following a script.

The boyfriend of missing Toronto woman Alicia Ross was arrested for impaired driving on Sunday, police confirmed with CTV Toronto late Monday night.

Sean Hine, who's not a suspect in the missing person investigation, was taken into custody and charged with the impaired operation of a vehicle in Newmarket, about 50 km north of Toronto.

Hine was held overnight and had his license suspended for 90 days.

The news comes on the same day that police announced their focus into Ross's disappearance was shifting from a missing person investigation to a probe of clues that might indicate foul play. They have speculated that she was taken by a person "that she felt quite comfortable with".

A team of volunteers set out again Monday for yet another day of searching for Ross, 25, who has been missing for six days. Her brother was part of the search party that spent the morning scouring dumpsters and fields.

This is all so sad. I feel so bad for her family.

Since Alicia vanished from her parents' home sometime between late Tuesday and early Wednesday, more than 1,000 volunteers have helped investigators comb nearby wooded areas, ravines, creeks and streets. But, the searches have turned up no clues.

Police say they are shifting the focus of their probe.

"We are continuing to re-evaluate all people who had contact with Alicia up to the point of her disappearance," Carrique said Sunday. As well as talking with the present BF, they have spent time talking with an ex-BF.

Unfortunately this is sounding all too familiar.
    Just my honest Opinion - Kermode

Thou shalt not kill. Exodus 20:13
    Thou shalt not lie. Exodus 20:16

"What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive".

MARKHAM -- Alicia Ross was likely abducted by someone who knew her, police said yesterday.

York Regional Police Insp. Tom Carrique said the Ontario Provincial Police behavioural science unit came to that conclusion after evaluating leads provided by his force. "(Provincial police investigators) have formed the opinion that Alicia was abducted, that she was abducted by somebody that was known to her and not a stranger," said Carrique, who is heading the criminal investigation into the disappearance of Ross, 25.

Also...

Residents near Hine's home on Taylor Mills Dr., northwest of Major MacKenzie Dr. and Bayview Ave. in Richmond Hill, said police were back canvassing the neighbourhood yesterday.

"Police have been asking questions if we have seen anything suspicious," said one neighbour, identified only as Gina. "They've been asking if we know him personally, or what he put out in his garbage on Wednesday." She said Hine and his younger brother moved into the two-storey semi-detached duplex months ago and their roommates have been renting it for the past year.

more at link

http://www.torontosun.com/News/Toron...88785-sun.html

Strange Behaviour?

Though the cops still aren’t naming him a suspect, it appears they’ve turned up the heat on the boyfriend of Alicia Ross.

The last person to see the 25-year-old Markham woman before she disappeared last week, Sean Hine claims he was at her house last Tuesday until about midnight, burning CDs and playing pool before he left.

Ross was discovered missing the next morning when she failed to show up for her job at Hewlett-Packard. Her purse, car keys, and car were still at the family's home.

Investigators never labelled Hine as a suspect, but simply a “person of interest” who “probably has valuable information.”

But now investigators are asking neighbours on Hine’s street if they noticed him doing anything suspicious the morning his girlfriend went missing.

Specifically they wanted to know whether they’d seen him putting out garbage bags.

The 29-year-old rents a two-storey semi-detached house with three or four other men.

Meanwhile, Ross's mother Sharon Fortis held on to the hope that her daughter might still be returned safely to her.

"My message is, 'I love you with all my heart,'" she sobbed. "I would give my life just to have her come home. I'm not even looking for punishment, you know? I don't wish harm to anyone. Just her return. That's all I want."

http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Stor...5-001/page.asp

This whole case, with the exception that Alicia wasn't pregnant, has shades of Scott and Laci Peterson.

I agree Calikid, i'm very nervous for Alicia's safe return. My prayers go out to her family.

Keeping The Faith

Alicia Ross has been missing for 10 days, no formal ground searches are being conducted, and investigators are short on clues, but her family sent her a message of hope Saturday: we won’t give up on you.

Andrew Fortis, the missing 25-year-old’s brother, spoke out at a police press conference and told his missing sister that her loved ones are at home, eagerly anticipating her return.

“We have not given up. We know you're there, we know you're okay, we know you will be coming home,” he said. “We want you to be strong. We're strong and we want you to come home and we're just waiting for you and that we love you very, very much.”

Fortis said another one of their siblings, who joined him at the media conference, had recently flown home from Australia to be with the family during this troubling time.

Police didn’t have any new information to provide in terms of the investigation. Inspector Craig Rogers of York Region Police said only focused ground searches are being conducted at this point that are based on tips.

He asked people in the Bayview and Elgin Mills area of Richmond Hill, especially those with rural properties a little north of that vicinity, to be “mindful of their properties” and to check fence and bush lines for any possible clues.

O.P.P. behavioural scientists believe Ross was abducted by someone she knew, and Inspector Tom Carrique had a message for that person Saturday.

“If you're involved in the abduction of Alicia Ross, we encourage you come forward, put an end to this for the family,” he said.

http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Stor...7-006/page.asp

The brother's quote reminds me of Laci's brother, Brent

Alicia Ross: A mother's anguish

Sharon Fortis woke up yesterday morning on the 11th day of her vigil for her daughter — her cherished and beautiful daughter — and didn't want to get up. She felt she couldn't. The pain starts with getting out of bed each morning and the waiting, day after day, night after long night, for news of her girl seemed simply too much for her 4-foot-9 body to bear.

Much more at the link .... a GREAT story.
    Mentions the step father, family, brothers, sisters, friends ...
    things she's overcome.
    A must read, in my humble opinion
    http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...2154&t=TS_Home

Police shift Alicia Ross search

'Geographic profiler' focuses on neighbourhood in Richmond Hill

Those in the Bayview Ave. and Elgin Mills Rd. E. area, as well as owners of rural properties north of this area, are being asked to search fencelines around their property for clues to the whereabouts of Ross, 25, who vanished from her Markham home Aug. 16.

When asked yesterday why the search had shifted from the Markham area northwest to a specific area of neighbouring Richmond Hill, police would not comment.

Anybody who may be involved in the abduction of Ross is being urged to turn themselves in.

"(Our message) is a simple message," said Insp. Tom Carrique. "If you are involved in the abduction of Alicia Ross, we encourage you, come forward. Put an end to this for the family."

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...d=968332188492

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    'Geographic profiler' focuses on neighbourhood in Richmond Hill

Those in the Bayview Ave. and Elgin Mills Rd. E. area, as well as owners of rural properties north of this area, are being asked to search fencelines around their property for clues to the whereabouts of Ross, 25, who vanished from her Markham home Aug. 16.

When asked yesterday why the search had shifted from the Markham area northwest to a specific area of neighbouring Richmond Hill, police would not comment.

Anybody who may be involved in the abduction of Ross is being urged to turn themselves in.

"(Our message) is a simple message," said Insp. Tom Carrique. "If you are involved in the abduction of Alicia Ross, we encourage you, come forward. Put an end to this for the family."

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...d=968332188492
    Is her boyfriend from the Richmond Hill area?

Investigators had a simple message Saturday for anyone who may have been involved in the suspected abduction of an Ontario woman missing for more than a week: turn yourself in.

Alicia Ross, 25, was last seen just past midnight last Aug. 17 by her boyfriend, Sean Hine, 29, in the back yard of her home in this suburb north of Toronto.

At a news conference Saturday, Insp. Tom Carrique of York Region police warned that anyone who was responsible for Ross's disappearance may have committed a criminal offence.
    http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Law/2005...187871-cp.html

The brother of a missing Toronto-area woman has made an emotional public appeal.

Andrew Fortis says the family knows Alicia Ross is okay and will come home.
    http://www.canada.com/national/natio...2-fd3066b2b57a
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Residents search for Markham woman

Police ask for properties to be checked
    Homeowners fear she's no longer alive

Mina Yahyavi searched her backyard, hoping she wouldn't find anything linked to the disappearance of Alicia Ross.

"It's scary, so scary," the mother of three said yesterday, a day after York Region police asked residents of her Richmond Hill neighbourhood to scour their properties for clues to Ross's abduction.

"My daughter is 25, the same age as that girl. It's so sad."

Yahyavi said she fears that as police have ended their searches of construction sites, fields and wooded ravines in Markham and Richmond Hill, they're no longer expecting to find Alicia alive, but are waiting for her body to be discovered.

Neighbour Mark Hill agreed.

"The way the police talk about it on the news, that's what it sounds like," he said, having lunch on the front porch of his home near Bayview Ave. and Elgin Mills Rd. E.

"It's a scary thing," said Hill, 47. "My kids are 15 and 10, so if a 25-year-old can disappear, I guess anybody can disappear."

Police have ended formal searches for Ross, who vanished from her Markham home Aug. 16. They say, however, that searches will resume if they have a tip leading them to a specific area.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...acodalogin=yes

stinky@youstink.com
    stinkypete

Body found .... Police don't think it's Alicia, though

Awaiting Autopsy
    An autopsy will be conducted Monday on the remains of a decomposed body found over the weekend in the Guelph area.

Police said they don’t believe the body, reportedly an adult woman, is that of missing Markham woman Alicia Ross, the 25-year-old who disappeared August 17th.

Det. Insp. David Truax wouldn’t release details on the gruesome find, only saying that he and his colleagues had contacted York Regional Police, who are in charge of the Ross case, to let them know the body wasn’t thought to be the missing woman’s.

Officers said the remains, found by a pedestrian in a wooded picnic area northeast of Guelph, were too decomposed to determine whether the body had sustained any trauma. A coroner’s office in Hamilton was due to perform an autopsy, and hoped to have a possible cause of death determined by Monday afternoon.

Meanwhile, it’s been nearly two weeks since Ross disappeared, and York police now think the young woman was abducted by someone she knows.

They don’t have many clues about what may have happened to her, and they’re still without a suspect. She was last seen on August 17th by her boyfriend, Sean Hine, in the backyard of her Markham home.

Meanwhile, her brother Andrew Fortis said over the weekend he and the rest of the family still pray she’s safe and will eventually come home.

http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Stor...9-003/page.asp

'Tell us where Alicia is'

Do the right thing, says top cop

ANYONE WHO helped Alicia Ross' abductor -- either during or after her Aug. 17 disappearance -- should "search their conscience" and reveal where she is, York Regional Police Chief Armand La Barge said last night.

"I am appealing to whatever humanity is in these people ... come forward, do the right thing, tell us where Alicia is," La Barge told the Toronto Sun last night during a brief early evening visit to the Markham home of Alicia's parents.

La Barge refused to identify who his message was aimed at and reiterated that York homicide detectives are "keeping an open mind" in the case.

It is "extremely possible" that whoever is responsible for Ross' sudden disappearance has "confided in someone else, or they have a role in the offence, after the fact," he said. "I say to these people, you have a responsibility to the community, you have a role to play in coming forward -- don't just sit there doing nothing ... This family is in a lot of pain," he said.

"It is every parent and every family's nightmare," he said.

York Regional Police have stressed in media advisories that residents should take time to check their properties.

This weekend, they singled out the intersection of Elgin Mills Rd. and Bayview Dr. But the Toronto Sun found people working and living in that area were unaware of the police request.

http://www.torontosun.com/News/Toron...92453-sun.html

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast