1095 users online (213 members and 882 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

FL Miami Beach cop receives one month suspension for punching model in face

A plainclothes Miami detective has received a one month suspension for punching a young model who was already in handcuffs. He also punched in the face a bystander who thought he was witnessing a mugging and came to the defense of the young lady.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...e20213685.html

If you watch the video the actions of the officer are egregious and completely unwarranted. I cannot understand why he hasn't been fired and criminally charged (the DA declined to press charges against the detective).

According to the detective the model (who was drunk) used a racial slur against him (he is black and his two victims are white).

Archer, who is black, reported that Adamescu started using racial slurs at the detective.

A passerby, Andrew Mossberg, saw this and thought he was witnessing a mugging. He decided to intervene. According to the police investigation, Mossberg called the police and stepped in even after Archer identified himself. Adamescu then hit a distracted Archer, who struck her and Mossberg in the ensuing struggle.
    Somehow I think that if the races were reversed the officer would have been fired and sent to prison.

Quote Originally Posted by KEVINinTO View Post
    A plainclothes Miami detective has received a one month suspension for punching a young model who was already in handcuffs. He also punched in the face a bystander who thought he was witnessing a mugging and came to the defense of the young lady.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...e20213685.html

If you watch the video the actions of the officer are egregious and completely unwarranted. I cannot understand why he hasn't been fired and criminally charged (the DA declined to press charges against the detective).

According to the detective the model (who was drunk) used a racial slur against him (he is black and his two victims are white).

Somehow I think that if the races were reversed the officer would have been fired and sent to prison.
    And just because someone identifies themselves as police doesn't mean they are. Particularly when not in uniform.
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.