FL Miami Beach cop receives one month suspension for punching model in face

KEVINinTO

Former Member
Reaction score
A plainclothes Miami detective has received a one month suspension for punching a young model who was already in handcuffs. He also punched in the face a bystander who thought he was witnessing a mugging and came to the defense of the young lady.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/miami-beach/article20213685.html

If you watch the video the actions of the officer are egregious and completely unwarranted. I cannot understand why he hasn't been fired and criminally charged (the DA declined to press charges against the detective).

According to the detective the model (who was drunk) used a racial slur against him (he is black and his two victims are white).

Archer, who is black, reported that Adamescu started using racial slurs at the detective.

A passerby, Andrew Mossberg, saw this and thought he was witnessing a mugging. He decided to intervene. According to the police investigation, Mossberg called the police and stepped in even after Archer identified himself. Adamescu then hit a distracted Archer, who struck her and Mossberg in the ensuing struggle.

Somehow I think that if the races were reversed the officer would have been fired and sent to prison. :mad:

A plainclothes Miami detective has received a one month suspension for punching a young model who was already in handcuffs. He also punched in the face a bystander who thought he was witnessing a mugging and came to the defense of the young lady.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/miami-beach/article20213685.html

If you watch the video the actions of the officer are egregious and completely unwarranted. I cannot understand why he hasn't been fired and criminally charged (the DA declined to press charges against the detective).

According to the detective the model (who was drunk) used a racial slur against him (he is black and his two victims are white).

Somehow I think that if the races were reversed the officer would have been fired and sent to prison. :mad:
And just because someone identifies themselves as police doesn't mean they are. Particularly when not in uniform.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back