GUILTY ID - Sgt. Gregory Moore, 43, fatally shot, Coeur d Alene, 5 May 2015

shadowraiths

LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special
Staff member
Reaction score
3202d77f.gif

COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho (AP) — A northern Idaho officer is in critical condition Tuesday after being shot by a suspect who stole his patrol car, led a 125-mph chase and got dragged from under a semitrailer by a police dog and arrested, authorities said.

Coeur d'Alene police Sgt. Greg Moore was shot once around 1:30 a.m. after checking on a suspicious individual in a neighborhood, Police Chief Lee White said. Moore is being treated at a hospital, but the chief didn't provide information about the nature of his injuries.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

KBOI2

— A northern Idaho police officer shot by a man who stole his patrol car died of his injuries Tuesday evening, police said.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime/article/N-Idaho-police-officer-in-critical-condition-6242970.php

May 5th, 2015

Sgt. Greg Moore died at 5:50 p.m. at Kootenai Health in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, police spokeswoman Sgt. Christie Wood said in a statement.

Moore was shot about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday after checking on a suspicious person in a neighborhood, Coeur d'Alene Police Chief Lee White said.

Police arrested a 26-year-old man after a car chase that reached speeds of 125 mph. The pursuit ended when a police dog dragged the man from his hiding place underneath a commercial truck.

Jonathan Renfro appeared in court Tuesday afternoon and was charged with attempted murder, theft of a police vehicle, theft of an officer's gun and being a felon with a gun. Bail was set at $2 million. He was held in the Kootenai County, Idaho, jail.

Ugh. Another one. Sure would be nice if we heard some outrage from Pennsylvania Avenue over this epidemic. #Bluelivesmattertoo

Thank you for posting this, Katydid, I was just checking to see if this had been posted yet. Sgt. Greg Moore leaves behind a wife and two children. He has an infectious smile, doesn't he?

And props need to go to that brave police dog who found the lowlife and dragged him out from under the truck. I hope he/she received lots of treats for that.

jzyyir.jpg

:rose: RIP brave Sgt. Moore :rose:

#Bluelivesmatter

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...r-shot-grave-condition-cops-article-1.2210741

He does have a great smile. His two kids are going to miss him very much. :cry: :rose:

SORRY for the long post...If any police read here people care! I wrote this for Sgt. Greg Moore and every other fallen police officer.

I was just sitting here (well, let's be honest I'm laying here lol) thinking about what it means to be a policeman or policewoman every day.

Every morning before you walk out of your home you make darn sure to kiss your wife/husband and children goodbye. Maybe just a sweep of your lips across the face of your youngest little angel because you don't want to awaken her. You give the dog a quick ear jostle and ask him "whodagoodboy?" He jumps up and down while barking as hard as he can "ME ME ME IMAGOODBOY!" You grin at him as you walk out the door to save the world.

You feel you must do these little rituals because there may be a day when you can't. This is what a policeman/woman thinks about every single day. Will this be the day I die?

You live with the knowledge that some people hate you and want you dead. Every. single. day. you know could be your last. How many jobs has anyone else worked in which the downside was you could be killed by some lowlife wielding a knife like a cracked- out ninja? But cops deal with it, it's their job.

Or maybe...wait a minute..could this is a setup? Will I get ambushed? Thousands of thoughts race through their minds in seconds and they must always be expected to react perfectly, like machines. If the unthinkable happens and a cop dies, it's terrible. But hey, some say cavalierly as they trot off to work behind a desk, that's what they signed up for, right?

Or imagine just walking up to somebody's car during a traffic stop and instead you get shot to pieces, left for dead and your police car stolen. Do you know why police tap the taillight or top of the trunk as they walk to your car? It's to leave DNA in case you get shot and your police car gets stolen. Your DNA ties you to the car. I think they rely more on cameras now, but old habits die hard. Imagine doing that tapping every day of your job and knowing the reason for it. And this situation is exactly what happened to Sgt. Greg Moore.

Every single moment of every single day is consumed by thoughts of what can I do to ensure that law abiding citizens and my fellow policemen stay alive. And yes, I even need to keep alive if at all possible the violent criminals who so badly want me dead and try to kill me.

And facing the demoralization day after day of the anti-cop movement weighs heavily on their minds, only adding to the enormous pressures they already face.

But every morning you still don your police uniform (including bulletproof vest) and bravely walk out of your front door, knowing it could be for the last time.

But not before you kiss your wife and children goodbye. But today instead of playing your "WHODAGOODBOY?" game with your dog, something causes you to stop and gently hold his face between your hands. You say in a choked voice as you look into his soft brown eyes "Be a good boy. You may have to be the man of the house one day." He gently licks the salty tears off your face and promises he will by wagging his tail. He watches his beloved owner walk out the door. And never sees him again.

:rose: Sgt. Greg Moore ~ Thank You For Your Service
:rose: Strength To Those That Love Him

Rest In Peace With Honor :rose:

Oh Snoods. That was powerful. I would love to see that as a letter to the editor of every paper & web news in America.

Moore children, your father was a hero.

Wow. What a wonderful letter, Snoods. So very accurate. Thank You. :rose: :star: :rose:

Aww thanks katydid and noZme, that's so kind of y'all to say! And I really appreciate anyone that took the time to read my long *advertiser censored* post lol. Do you really think I should send it to my local paper? Maybe with a couple of tweaks...

Katydid bringing up his kids last night just really got to me, it just gets too easy for us not to think of them as real people with real families and forget all the sacrifices they make daily. :sigh:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/may/09/trial-in-slaying-of-coeur-dalene-officer-may-be-re/

A murder trial set to begin in September for the man accused of killing a Coeur d’Alene police officer one year ago likely will be rescheduled for February 2017...

Instead of beginning the trial Sept. 6, as scheduled, the attorneys indicated they could spend that two-week window arguing motions in the case. First District Judge Lansing Haynes said he would formally hear the motion to postpone the trial at a hearing on June 13.

Accused cop killer Jonathan Renfro appeared in Kootenai County courtroom Monday morning, his defense team hoping to take the death penalty off the table and coming up short in their efforts.

It took a judge less than 30 minutes to come to that decision. Renfro's defense tried to argue that the death penalty is a violation of his constitutional rights, adding that a lack of funding for defense in Idaho meant they didn't have enough time and resources to devote to Renfro, denying him his right to a fair trial.
http://www.kxly.com/news/north-idah...enfro-could-still-face-death-penalty/40879280

A northern Idaho public defender says prosecutors are only seeking the death penalty against a man accused of killing a police officer because of financial reasons.

Kootenai County Chief Public Defender John Adams is set to argue in court next week that the prosecutor's office is only seeking the death penalty against 28-year-old Jonathan Renfro because the state has a fund set up to reduce capital trial costs (...)

Kootenai County District Court Judge Lansing Haynes will hear both arguments on Aug. 31 and decide if prosecutors will be allowed to pursue the death penalty.
http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Defense-says-death-penalty-sought-for-financial-9184272.php

KHQ is learning disturbing new details about the shooting of Coeur d’Alene Police Sgt. Greg Moore last May and what the man accused of that shooting has been doing while awaiting his trial.

In documents presented in Kootenai County Court Wednesday, prosecutors amended their notice of intent to seek the death penalty in the case of Jonathan Renfro. Based on evidence, prosecutors are asking a judge to grant their motion to add aggravating circumstances, which would strengthen their case to put Renfro to death.

After looking at dash cam and body cam footage, prosecutors say Renfro was attempting a burglary at the time Sgt. Moore was killed. The documents say Renfro was seen taking the officer’s gun and searching for his driver’s license after the shooting.
http://www.myfoxspokane.com/court-docs-reveal-new-details-in-shooting-of-coeur-dalene-officer/

A Kootenai County Judge denied Jonathan Renfro’s motion to eliminate the death penalty as a form of punishment on Wednesday.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif](...)[/FONT]

At a pretrial hearing, a judge refused to eliminate execution as a form of punishment. He also denied Renfro’s motion to have his first degree murder charge dismissed.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif](...)[/FONT]

Renfro’s jury trial is scheduled to begin in February.
http://www.krem.com/mb/news/local/k...nfros-motion-to-avoid-death-penalty/334987663

Murder trial details shaping up
When Renfro, 26, the accused killer of Coeur d’Alene Police Sgt. Greg Moore, faces a jury this summer, more than two years will have passed since Moore was shot while patrolling a Coeur d’Alene neighborhood.

Haynes solidified a July 31 trial date and allowed for the public defender’s office to select from one of two Idaho attorneys with death-penalty expertise to serve as Renfro’s lead attorney.

Motions denied in Renfro case
Wearing glasses with his jail suit, Jonathan Renfro, the man accused of killing Coeur d’Alene Police Sgt. Greg Moore, appeared chatty and upbeat with his public defenders Friday afternoon.

He wasn't smiling after Judge Lansing Haynes denied a series of the defense's motions, though, including a motion to strike the death penalty.

(...)

The trial is set to begin July 31.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSYSIV