FL FL - Fort Lauderdale, WhMale UP2815, 20-40, on roadside near I-595, Oct'81

DutchSarah

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is my first post here, so excuse me if I make any forum faux pas;). I would like to have an opinion on a match, as there are so many more experienced detectives on here.

Do you think this UID:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2815

could by any chance be Charles Thomas Denny?

http://charleyproject.org/cases/d/denny_charles.html

Unfortunately there is not a lot of information for both cases, however the pictures are quite similar looking at them. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Websleuths! Great first post!! Here is a side by side comparison:

image.aspx

link link

Donjeta, where do you see any reference to dentals for Denny?

I'm not entirely sure, based on probability, that this UID is Charles. He was last seen in a remote area. I'd wager he died in the area out in Imperial and isn't still found or his remains are yet to be identified.

Welcome to Websleuths! Great first post!! Here is a side by side comparison:

image.aspx

link link

I'm just not seeing it. Hairlines are different. Ears are different, and the eyes and brows are different. But I could be totally wrong. Then you take a 4th look, and I think, could be! Then on a 13th look, the faces are different. One seems to be rounder and heavier than the other.

Still no updates to Namus.

Wondering about John Wesley Davis who was missing from elsewhere in FL earlier the same year and may have left his residence of his own accord. Has a tall/square forehead, hair and eye colour match (though one record says hair brown, one says strawberry blond), height within an inch, although the recon shows a slimmer face, we know this can change with circumstances
John Wesley Davis – The Charley Project
www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/51553?nav

There is a LOT of crazy information about this case. He was carrying an expired Hawaii driver's license naming him "MiGod". He was reportedly 38 years old and was possibly from Kansas City. The ID was fake and the address listed was no help in ID'ing him. Migod

Intriguing. Wonder what made them think he was from Kansas City?

I've never heard of 'MiGod' - could it be short for something like Michael Godwin?
I don’t know. I searched newspapers and came up with about 8K results...all random. There were a few articles in the Honolulu papers about a “Temple of MIGOD”. Actually, I’ll share one. I doubt it’s related, but who knows.

4 Mar 1980, 2 - The Honolulu Advertiser at Newspapers.com

51F0B9C9-4D6F-4088-BE00-6A534E47285F.jpeg

ETA: the age of this guy is interesting...37 in 1980 would have made him 38 in 1981. I’m gonna see what I can find using his real name.

I'm someone who met Migod a few times in the lobby of Waikiki Shores as a teenager back in the late 1970's. I hope my post brings some closure to this mystery.

I remember the crazy ad MJ placed in The Honolulu Advertiser. My mom worked at Waikiki Shores. MJ had just decided his name was Migod in a dream. He even flashed me his new Hawaii driver's license to celebrate his new persona as Migod. MJ was quite a character and had delusions of grandeur.

If the address on Migod's driver's license was the same as Waikiki Shores Condominium, the detectives should have contacted the condominium management. They would have told them MJ's illustrious history and identified him. He caused them so much headache as a tenant! If detectives just contacted Honolulu DMV, the name Migod would be fictitious and not register. Detectives did not have Migod's legal name. MJ might have had someone doctor his name from Michael Jackson to Migod on his official Hawaii driver's license as he may not have legally changed his name to Migod. Thus, the doctored name would have been what was actually faked on MJ's driver's license.

I came across the Broward County case several years ago while researching criminal records. I wondered if this was the same Migod from Hawaii but could not remember Migod's real name. I came across his case again on this website today and remembered calling this guy MJ. I looked up to see if any of his self help recordings had any entries at discog:
Michael Jackson – Hypnosis For Weight Reduction (1974, Vinyl)
Sadly, the record album did not have an intact photo cover to compare the sketch with.

I'm somewhat certain that the 1981 deceased white male is the same Migod/Michael Jackson in The Honolulu Advertiser article. The rough artist sketch of the deceased looks like the MJ I met at my mom's workplace in Waikiki more than 40 years ago. I remember MJ as having larger, more piercing eyes which fit in well as a corporate hypnotherapist who conducted business seminars. MJ also had a catalog of self help recordings from weight loss to quitting smoking. MJ was quite wealthy to be able to afford a condo at Waikiki Shores.

MJ had minor celebrity status because of his business seminars and tended to attract fans in the lobby of Waikiki Shores. He'd get mad at his fans and ditch them to go sit with me in the office whenever I visited my mom. For some reason, the guy enjoyed unloading what was on his mind to me as if I was his confessor. I wasn't MJ's friend. I was just a teenage Hawaiian girl he enjoyed talking to. He wasn't pervy to me. He was very self absorbed, egotistical, and delusional. I told my mom that I thought MJ was a very troubled tourist who needed professional help. Otherwise, MJ was bright, charming, and very polite to me but rude to his fans. I didn't visit Waikiki Shores often because my mom was wary of MJ. Nerdy me was more interested in books at that age so I just treated MJ with polite, distant, clinical empathy.

I noticed MJ was losing touch with reality with his legendary ice meditations and quirky behavior by wanting to be called Migod. He genuinely believed he was the reincarnation of a god. Thus, he proclaimed his condo as the Temple of Migod and then got evicted from his temple.

With MJ's new religious enterprise becoming a disaster and being evicted from Waikiki Shores for destructive and unruly behavior, it's not hard to see MJ escaping to another state so he wouldn't need to deal with the embarrassment and chaos he caused in Hawaii. Sitting on a chair along a highway meditating to traffic ASMR is almost as weird as meditating for hours on large blocks of ice, naked, until said ice melted and flooded his condo and the condo below. Poor dude had minor fame and wealth until his unchecked mental health issues destroyed his reputation and business in Hawaii.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back