953 users online (186 members and 767 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope

UK - Craig Millward, 24, Newcastle upon Tyne, 5 May 2015

This one is close to home for me as Craig is a poster on another forum I frequent. His girlfriend posted on there to let us know that he is missing.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/l...orld-1-7247477

Craig Millward, 24, from Hebburn was last seen outside Popworld in Newcastle City Centre at around 12.05am in the early hours of Tuesday, May 5.

He is described as 5ft 9inches tall, medium build with short dark curly hair. He was wearing black trousers, a white shirt and a dark denim jacket with a fur collar. He wears black thick rimmed glasses.
    A Facebook page has been set up: https://www.facebook.com/findgeordiecraig

They are also using #findgeordiecraig

Please like/share to help spread the word.

Would he really have tried to walk home? Thats quite a walk

alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    It's may seem strange to many people, but not totally ridiculous. It's probably around 5ish miles to Hebburn from the Bigg Market which at a decent walking pace could be done in around 1hr15. If he was unable to get a taxi or had insufficient money, perhaps he thought he'd walk part of the way and maybe keep trying to ring for a taxi then meet it closer to home.

I often walk the 6.5 miles home from work in the Newcastle city centre - admittedly in daylight and sober, but if I was absolutely pushed I'd probably consider it to get home because I do a lot of walking (if I was in a group, would prefer not to alone!)

Very worrying that his walking route would take him over the River Tyne though. That's how a lot of these cases end.

I haven't heard how much he'd had to drink but will keep looking for updates.

GigTu is offline ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ
    Gosh, I hope he turns up soon. Has anyone checked ditches up and down the road? If he stumbled and fell, he might be too hurt to climb up to the road.

How far up is the bridge from where he left? What are the odds he sobered up a bit by the time he reached the bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by GigTu View Post
    Gosh, I hope he turns up soon. Has anyone checked ditches up and down the road? If he stumbled and fell, he might be too hurt to climb up to the road.

How far up is the bridge from where he left? What are the odds he sobered up a bit by the time he reached the bridge?
    There are several bridges over the river. I read he would use the Millennium Bridge which is just under a mile from the Bigg Market area where he was last seen. It's all downhill too so would take 10-15 minutes at a reasonable pace. I frequently walk a very similar route (and back) over my lunch break so it's not what I'd consider a huge distance. I don't think there'd be time to sober up and if he'd been in bars all night then suddenly hitting the fresh air might have had the opposite effect.

After an initial burst of social media activity I haven't seen much at all today. I only know Craig as a poster on the other forum but he's well liked and it'd be great if he came home safe, but I'm not aware of anyone having come forward with information which might lead to his return.

To be honest it was the bypass that was worrying me.

I would have thought that if he was short of money he would have left an hour earlier and got the last metro. Not being able to get a taxi from his usual firm and not wanting to or not having enough money on him to pay for a black cab would explain that I suppose. I live about 7 miles from the city center and I would never try to walk it, especially at night. But im a woman and from the time I started going to town it was drummed in to me to always.make sure I had enough money to get home and a taxi number.

Do we know if he was out with anyone? I would have thought that it would be easy enough for the police to work out if he tried to walk, theres ctv all over town.

Yes, I'd definitely prefer to get the last metro home too. Maybe time got away with him or he initially intended to travel home with friends.

I understand from Craig's girlfriend's post on the other forum I use that he was seen by a friend at around 12.05am (they had thought it was 1.30am prior to this) but I don't know if that was a friend he was out with or just someone he knew who had bumped into him.

CCTV was being checked as of yesterday but I guess it takes time if you don't know which way he was going since there are several routes even just down to the bridge or he may have gone in another direction to try and get a taxi.

Is there any other theory than accidental drowning?

Unless he was debilitated by drink he doesn't seem like an inviting kidnapping target. And murder without evidence or body doesn't seem likely.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/...-scour-9206361

This is really worrying. He was reportedly seen going down a cycle path towards the river. I have a feeling that he'll be found in the river. I'm wondering why he would go down to the riverside as it would probably have been quicker for him to stay walking along the main road. He was around 3 miles away from Hebburn at that point.

image.jpg
    The difference between a Stumbling Block and Stepping Stone is the Character of the individual walking the path.

All views are my own ~ and will probably change on a frequent basis

Yeah I don't know that area too well as I'm from north of the river but I definitely wouldn't expect him to be going back down towards the river from that point if he was aiming for Hebburn. Very worrying.

Im the other side of the river as well, so I dont know the area. Does anyone know whats down there?

sometimes drunk males go to the river areas to try invisibly take a quick ---you know, no public bathrooms available usually. I think that is how some of them end up n the water though.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

GigTu is offline ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ
    I hope he just got lost. This is awful.

I'm the other side of the river too. I don't know that side too well. But if he had stayed on the main road he would have got to Hebburn quicker than wandering along down by the river. If he has fallen into the river he'll probably be found downstream.
    The difference between a Stumbling Block and Stepping Stone is the Character of the individual walking the path.

Police have told his family that they now consider him to be missing presumed dead and all police enquiries have been stopped. This is from someone I know and is also on the "Find Geordie Craig" FB page.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast