CA - Santa Clarita - Rogue Police Officers Arrested

i.b.nora

I am polka dot
Reaction score
Aide to Kamala Harris, 2 others accused of running rogue police force
Los Angeles Times
May 6, 2015
By Matt Hamilton

"An aide to state Atty. Gen. Kamala D. Harris and two others are accused of operating a rogue police force that claimed to exist for more than 3,000 years and have jurisdiction in 33 states and Mexico, authorities said Tuesday.

Brandon Kiel, David Henry and Tonette Hayes were arrested last week on suspicion of impersonating a police officer through their roles in the Masonic Fraternal Police Department, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department."​

More ...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...ccused-rogue-police-force-20150505-story.html

Of course the headlines would have one believe that one of the guys was Kamala Harris' right hand man ... he wasn't. The Los Angeles Office of the California Department Of Justice is filled with dozens of Deputy Attorney Generals. And, whatever he really was, he isn't anymore. Anyhow, interesting story, strange hijinks. Seems to be a rash of hobby cops these days.

The Washington Post has picked up on the story:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-is-not-a-real-police-department-police-say/

Nothing really new. I noticed that the police or sheriff seems to think that there are more people involved. They talk a little about the password protected website, which I visited earlier today.

When I went to the Masonic Fraternal Police Department website I found one address listed for the organization.

The address given was (as it was written) 289 Robertson Blvd. #414, Beverly, California 90211.

So, of course I had to research that. Not only did they leave off the Hills part of Beverly Hills, which may have been an oversight, they also failed to say if it was North or South Robertson Blvd. However, I think that part was done on purpose. 289 S. Robertson is a mailbox express maildrop place, (and also a nail salon) and coincidently 289 North is a Masonic meeting place (#528). These guys are really cuckoo. I can hardly wait to find out more.

Here's the 'grandmaster' selling a supposed $1 million dollar ring with a starting bid of $0.5 million dollars:
https://plus.google.com/100956418279825321537/posts/2qs7A1EyhQv
Another piece of jewelry for sale for $80K:
https://plus.google.com/100956418279825321537/posts/NhhxJKEPRan
More on those involved:
http://lawattstimes.com/index.php?o...10th-annual-st-john-s-day&catid=11&Itemid=126
Maxine Waters received and accepted an award from them:
http://www.lasentinel.net/index.php...avis-receive-awards&catid=80:local&Itemid=170
Even though this is supposedly about a sheriff's office election, it turned into a Kamala Harris promo with Maxine Waters announcing that Tonette Hayes had invited Kamala Harris to speak at the event showed in the clip and it shows Brandon Kiel introducing Harris, so she can't claim that Kiel was some anonymous functionary and that she'd never heard of Hayes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdLNMurUdh4&feature=youtu.be

The Washington Post has picked up on the story:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-is-not-a-real-police-department-police-say/

Nothing really new. I noticed that the police or sheriff seems to think that there are more people involved. They talk a little about the password protected website, which I visited earlier today.

When I went to the Masonic Fraternal Police Department website I found one address listed for the organization.

The address given was (as it was written) 289 Robertson Blvd. #414, Beverly, California 90211.

So, of course I had to research that. Not only did they leave off the Hills part of Beverly Hills, which may have been an oversight, they also failed to say if it was North or South Robertson Blvd. However, I think that part was done on purpose. 289 S. Robertson is a mailbox express maildrop place, (and also a nail salon) and coincidently 289 North is a Masonic meeting place (#528). These guys are really cuckoo. I can hardly wait to find out more.

We were pondering how three people (or more) all seemed to have the same delusion last night before bed! What a strange story, eh!? Also, hubby said he would have been wearing a white robe or something instead of cop uniforms :)

We were pondering how three people (or more) all seemed to have the same delusion last night before bed! What a strange story, eh!? Also, hubby said he would have been wearing a white robe or something instead of cop uniforms :)
These people are hilarious!!! I spent my morning over coffee, reading and viewing the links kindly provided by SpanishInquisition above.

I was interested in the "Travis Kiel Honorary 33degree Puissant Award" given to Mike Davis, California State Assemblyman. I don't know yet if it has been given to other people, but Travis Kiel is a longtime high profile educator in Los Angeles and is Brandon Kiel's father. His mother Wilma is a well known long time Early Learning educator in the district as well.

"The Thelma Jewel Crowe Legacy Award" given to Maxine Waters, US Congresswoman, was named for the mother of Tonette Crowe Henry. I have yet to determine what if anything made Thelma particularly noteworthy. She died in 2001.

In the video at the Sheriff candidates meeting, Tonette is identified as "Political Clergy Council". In other places she is identified as Minister and Grand Matron. I am not sure what any of that means, maybe its all the same. And, yes, what a surprise, Brandon introduces Kamela Harris. On the video, he is identified as (being with) "Attorney General Exec Office". I am unclear if that event is the same as the meet the Sheriff Candidates or not. I will have to watch it again.

In addition to the jewelry photos, David Henry's google page has many pictures of Beyonce and other scantily clad women.

Perhaps this 1997 Guardian article was the inspiration for their police force:

https://plus.google.com/100956418279825321537/posts/AR9EUdiJWaq

"These Masons have one thing in common ... They are all policemen"

If you click on his tiny picture at the top left, it will bring up all the pictures for your entertainment. May not be suitable for work.

I hate to say it, but I just don't get these guys (and gals). It's like a Masona Bling Ring or something! Mixed with, oh, I don't know, Amadeus or Anonymous...

We Look Like You!
https://plus.google.com/10095641827...6139717608048941858&oid=100956418279825321537

My dad was a Mason and almost none of this guys page looks familiar to me but they seem to seemlessly blend a Sabbatic Goat and *advertiser censored* with a little Jesus and Jewelry!

These people are hilarious!!! I spent my morning over coffee, reading and viewing the links kindly provided by SpanishInquisition above.

I was interested in the "Travis Kiel Honorary 33degree Puissant Award" given to Mike Davis, California State Assemblyman. I don't know yet if it has been given to other people, but Travis Kiel is a longtime high profile educator in Los Angeles and is Brandon Kiel's father. His mother Wilma is a well known long time Early Learning educator in the district as well.

"The Thelma Jewel Crowe Legacy Award" given to Maxine Waters, US Congresswoman, was named for the mother of Tonette Crowe Henry. I have yet to determine what if anything made Thelma particularly noteworthy. She died in 2001.

In the video at the Sheriff candidates meeting, Tonette is identified as "Political Clergy Council". In other places she is identified as Minister and Grand Matron. I am not sure what any of that means, maybe its all the same. And, yes, what a surprise, Brandon introduces Kamela Harris. On the video, he is identified as (being with) "Attorney General Exec Office". I am unclear if that event is the same as the meet the Sheriff Candidates or not. I will have to watch it again.

In addition to the jewelry photos, David Henry's google page has many pictures of Beyonce and other scantily clad women.

Stop Calling!
"Masonic Fraternal Police will not support THE REQUEST TO WEAR CIVILIAN BODY CAMERAS stop calling!!!"
https://twitter.com/RevTonetteHenry/status/591418684381339648/photo/1

Sorry, I'm having a moment ~

The headline on this thread is very misleading. These people are not police officers at all. They are not rogue officers, they are criminals. It is a crime to impersonate a police officer. They are fake, not rogue.

Police officers and their families endure endless lies and disrespect, and it has become the 'in" thing to do in the last 8 years. The last thing we need is the implication that these criminals were police officers gone bad.

The headline on this thread is very misleading. These people are not police officers at all. They are not rogue officers, they are criminals. It is a crime to impersonate a police officer. They are fake, not rogue.

Police officers and their families endure endless lies and disrespect, and it has become the 'in" thing to do in the last 8 years. The last thing we need is the implication that these criminals were police officers gone bad.

I see what you mean, but I think it was not meant in that way

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/rogue

I'm sure a mod would change it

I think a MOD should change it. They are NOT rogue police officers. They are rogue political aides. Very different scenario. The cops have enough bad press as it is, imo.

The esteemed Los Angeles Times called it a 'rogue police department' in the HEADLINE of their first article, ergo use of the word "rogue". And besides, so far they are only accused of being imposters. Their neighbor thought they were real police. It hasn't been proven in a court of law that they aren't. At least they haven't killed anyone, and no one has said they did.

The Sacramento Bee writes:

"Sheriff’s detectives believe the three were attempting to deceive the community about their status as law enforcement officials – “for a purpose yet to be determined,” adding that they believe there may be others associated with the rogue police organization.

“The attorney general has been concerned about these serious allegation from the point she was first briefed on the investigation,” spokesman David Beltran said. “Our office has been cooperating with investigators from the beginning and will continue to do so as the investigation unfolds.”

Masonic grand masters continue to face serious safety concerns within their own jurisdictions and even from family members, says a note published on its website. The MFPD describes itself as more than 3,000 years old.

“When asked what is the difference between The Masonic Fraternal Police Department and other Police Departments the answer is simple for us,” it states. “We were here first! We are born into this Organization our bloodlines go deeper then (sic) an application. This is more then (sic) a job it is an obligation.”

A spokeswoman for the Masons’ “Grand Lodge of California” did not return a message seeking comment.​

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article20373018.html#storylink=cpy

I understand what you are saying about using the word rogue but the definition does fit. I think they were trying to swindle the many people who believe in the illuminati. They are scammers. Plain and simple.

This is an interesting article for people who enjoy such things, although i would hate for this to take this thread off the actual topic of the three people who formed their own law enforcement organization:

Fact or fiction? Rogue police force claims ties to ancient Knights Templar
Los Angeles Times
By Christine Mai-Duc
May 6, 2015

"Three people, including an aide to state Atty. Gen. Kamala D. Harris, have been arrested, accused of operating a rogue police force claiming to exist for more than 3,000 years. The so-called Masonic Fraternal Police Department claims to trace its origins to the Knights Templar, which it called the “first police department.” Here’s a quick way to catch up on your facts about the ancient, secretive order and the organizations it has inspired:

- The original Knights Templar was founded in the 12th century to protect Catholic pilgrims during the Crusades.

Contrary to what’s claimed on a website appearing to belong to the MFPD, the Knights Templar were not founded in 1100 B.C., says Jennifer Paxton, a professor of medieval history at the Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C.

The Knights Templar order was formed in 1119 A.D. during the First Crusade to protect Jerusalem, but the order wasn't a police department."​

And so forth...

Link: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-rogue-police-knights-templar-20150506-htmlstory.html

This article interviews Grandmaster Henry X's own Master and it sounds like that guy really slipped and actually he hints at what he could have done:
http://www.laweekly.com/news/even-t...is-staffers-fake-masonic-police-force-5555701
So the head of the legit Mason lodge knew from the beginning that one of the members wanted to start his own lodge as well as start his own police force, but he claims he couldn't do anything about it even though he talks about how he's suspended others. Van Hibler could have and probably should have threatened Henry with suspension/expulsion, but he didn't. Hibler should probably retire from running the local Masons and have someone else take over the legit lodge and the larger Mason organization should counter what Hibler says in that Masons can't do those things. It's an invitation to getting a bunch of nutcases if people think they can do all this crazy stuff that Henry did in Mason name without fear of the Masons doing anything about it. Hibler enabled this and based on what Hibler says how that Henry went to him first with all this, it doesn't actually sound like Henry went rogue but instead he was left to run wild with the local Masonic organization put on notice. I do think there also may be some mental health issues involved with one or more of the MFPD, but again Hibler made things worse by knowingly just sitting by and watching while this nutcase trio embarrassed the Masons nationally and potentially engaged in criminal behavior.

The LAWeekly article is quite good! Lots of info. Thanks!

As far as Hibler's actions, I just don't know enough about the Mason's (other than that they are as old as the hills and they have secret meetings and rituals, etc) to know if Hibler should have acted one way or another.

Anyhow, after reading the LAWeekly article, I got myself into search mode and found this Associated Press article with some more and different info:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/0f71...ccused-operating-fictitious-police-department

3 accused of operating fictitious police department
By TAMI ABDOLLAH and DON THOMPSON
May. 6, 2015 8:45 PM EDT

some snips - obviously there are overlaps with the LAWeekly info

"State records show Hayes is licensed as a security guard and has a firearm permit. She previously owned Masonic Security Service, and she and Henry run the Beverly Hills-based MIB Investigative Agency, though its state license is suspended.

Henry is a licensed security guard and also has a firearm permit.

Kiel, 31, worked as deputy director of community affairs at the California Department of Justice since July 2013. He has been on paid administrative leave from his $67,416-a-year civil service job since Thursday. The Los Angeles Times first reported that Kiel worked for Harris.

Department spokesman David Beltran said the agency can't comment on an ongoing personnel matter or criminal investigation. He said Kiel "worked with members of the public basically on issues and questions regarding the work of the department.""

"Hayes is a pastor and moderated a debate between sheriff's candidates in the most recent election, Nishida said. ( We saw that in the YouTube video)

Henry won an Emmy in 2002 for his work as a producer on a Fox11 story, according to Variety.com. He also co-produced a documentary with Hayes several years later about a longtime civil rights leader, the Los Angeles Sentinel newspaper reported in 2007."

"Capt. Roosevelt Johnson of the sheriff's department's Santa Clarita Valley station said he met with members of the Masonic Fraternal Police Department on Feb. 4.

Henry and Hayes showed up in black jumpsuits with Masonic Fraternal Police patches and stars on their collars. Hayes had a handgun on her utility belt, Johnson said.

Kiel was there too, wearing a dark navy business suit. They told Johnson they were opening a new Canyon Country police station."​

Read the article, see what else you find.

This article interviews Grandmaster Henry X's own Master and it sounds like that guy really slipped and actually he hints at what he could have done:
http://www.laweekly.com/news/even-t...is-staffers-fake-masonic-police-force-5555701
So the head of the legit Mason lodge knew from the beginning that one of the members wanted to start his own lodge as well as start his own police force, but he claims he couldn't do anything about it even though he talks about how he's suspended others. Van Hibler could have and probably should have threatened Henry with suspension/expulsion, but he didn't. Hibler should probably retire from running the local Masons and have someone else take over the legit lodge and the larger Mason organization should counter what Hibler says in that Masons can't do those things. It's an invitation to getting a bunch of nutcases if people think they can do all this crazy stuff that Henry did in Mason name without fear of the Masons doing anything about it. Hibler enabled this and based on what Hibler says how that Henry went to him first with all this, it doesn't actually sound like Henry went rogue but instead he was left to run wild with the local Masonic organization put on notice. I do think there also may be some mental health issues involved with one or more of the MFPD, but again Hibler made things worse by knowingly just sitting by and watching while this nutcase trio embarrassed the Masons nationally and potentially engaged in criminal behavior.

I'm not sure exactly what went on, but I think maybe Hibler should have notified LE of their intent. It's just an odd thing to do, Mason connection or not. The Mason's just don't do this kind of thing at all ... I guess Hibler said that, but I know to even become a member they check you out to see if you have any criminal record (at least they did on a case I know about and they refused the guy membership - guy wasn't really a perpetual criminal but he did get in a violent altercation with another guy once). Anyway, just adding what my experiences have been.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back