1016 users online (196 members and 820 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - Jessica Cain, 17, La Marque, 17 Aug 1997

Another year has passed with no resolution in the disappearance of Jessica Cain.

The Tiki Island resident was 17 when she was last seen at the Benniganís restaurant near Baybrook Mall on Aug. 17, 1997.

Cain was last seen at Benniganís, 1330 W. Bay Area Blvd., having dinner with several friends at about 1:30 a.m. on Aug. 17, 1997.

When she left the restaurant in her fatherís truck, she told her friends she was going home.

The truck was later found by her father parked on the shoulder of Interstate 45 South between exits 7 and 8.

It was locked and Jessicaís wallet was on the seat.

Since then, police have followed leads and volunteers have searched fields, but they have not turned up any sign of Jessica.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

bumping for jessica.

this was the very first case that intrigued me to start following missing persons cases. I think was maybe 15 or 16 when she disappeared and I remember wanting to go help look for her but my mom wouldn't let me.

She is somewhere....

Jessica Lee Cain (17) - La Marque TX, 1997

Name: Jessica Lee Cain
    Case Number: A9709001
    Case Type: Involuntary
    Last Seen in: La Marque (Galveston County)
    Last Seen on: 8/17/1997
    Height: 5' 4 "
    Weight: 140 lbs.
    Age Missing: 17
    Eye Color: Blue
    Hair Color: Brown
    Date of Birth: 8/28/1979
    Race: White
    Sex: Female
    State Missing From: Texas
    Country Missing From: USA

Circumstances: Jessica has a scar on her right knee and has pierced ears. She was wearing a permanent upper retainer at the time of her disappearance. Jessica was last seen wearing a black sleeveless blouse with lace across the bodice, brown knit pants and black patent sandals. She was last seen by friends at a local restaurant. Her vehicle was found abandoned off I-45 South near Highland Bayou Park.

Additional details:

Jessica was last seen the morning of August 17, 1997, at Bennigans in Clear Lake. Her tan Ford Extended Cab (with camper) pickup truck was found along I-45 (Gulf Freeway) South between exit 7 and exit 8 in La Marque, Texas.

750 comb area, hunt missing girl

Cain failed to return home after leaving a Bennigan's restaurant in Webster around 1:30 a.m. About 3 a.m., her father, C.H. Cain, found the family pickup she was driving parked beside Interstate 45's southbound lanes between exits 7 and 8 in La Marque.

The 1992 tan Ford truck with a camper shell was operable and Jessica's wallet was inside. The keys to the truck were missing, according to La Marque police.

One clue being examined closely by investigators is the report by a woman motorist who saw a pickup similar to Cain's being pursued at high speed by a red, Isuzu Amigo sport utility vehicle. The witness made the sighting on I-45 near the FM 1764 exit shortly after 1:30 a.m. on the day of Cain's disappearance.

Other witnesses have told authorities they also saw a red Amigo near Cain's pickup in La Marque.

Quote Originally Posted by jodierenee
    bumping for jessica.

this was the very first case that intrigued me to start following missing persons cases. I think was maybe 15 or 16 when she disappeared and I remember wanting to go help look for her but my mom wouldn't let me.

She is somewhere....
    I completely understand! I was a high school senior at Clear Lake and knew someone that was friends with Jessica. She had actually been with her the night Jessica disappeared... A family friend spoke with someone they knew from the police department (the Galveston Sheriff's Office) and they suspected the witnesses/friends (from the former Harbour Playhouse in Dickinson- an area community theatre that Jessica was active in) that she was with at the cast party the night she disappeared were maybe covering up for Jessica. There was an idea that she meant an old boyfriend, I think. Of course, I got this story several years ago from my mom, so it was at least second or third-hand by that time.

I don't know if there is any truth to that, but we moved from Clear Lake to League City about 2 years ago, where we have the "killing fields." I am very suspicious, especially of men, that I don't know. Not obviously, but I keep aware that if it could happen to Jessica, who was only a year older than me, was short and brunette like me, and was active in theatre like me, it could happen to me very easily. I still call my parents if I go anywhere at night to check in. You just can't be too careful...

I hope that Jessica is found and that her family/friends are given the peace and justice they deserve. I think the uncertainty would be chilling. I feel so horrible that Jessica, who had so much talent and potential, wasn't even able to start college that month....

Ten years since Jessica vanished.

I know this is horrible... but hopefully the reconstruction/ cleanup from hurricane Ike will lead to some clues of her whereabouts

For Jessica....

Hello to everyone,

Long time lurker, but finally decided to register. Just bumping for Jessica...Tues (8/17) will be the 13th anniversary of when she disappeared. Anyone else notice that she is not listed on AMW's website?? I checked both missing children and persons, but could not find info, there, on her.

Penn's woods

13 years...

I drive past the area where she disappeared all the time and always wonder how it is possible that after all this time, she is still missing. She was so, so close to her home on Tiki Island - you can see the Tiki Island lights from the area where her truck was found. Bumping for Jessica.

War-Town, GA
    When Jessica's truck and the red amigo were parked near the exit, one of Jessica's friends had driven by and saw Jessica walking towards the amigo. I don't understand why this friend did not stop to see what was wrong, considering it was close to 2am.

up north

Friends dedicating park to remember missing teen Jessica Cain

by T.J. Aulds/ The Daily News
    Posted on August 17, 2012 at 9:25 AM

LA MARQUE, Texas ó It was 15 years ago today that Tiki Island teenager Jessica Cain never came home.

For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast