GUILTY TX - Jessica Cain, 17, La Marque, 17 Aug 1997 *SK William Lewis Reece*

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Another year has passed with no resolution in the disappearance of Jessica Cain.

The Tiki Island resident was 17 when she was last seen at the Bennigan’s restaurant near Baybrook Mall on Aug. 17, 1997.

Cain was last seen at Bennigan’s, 1330 W. Bay Area Blvd., having dinner with several friends at about 1:30 a.m. on Aug. 17, 1997.

When she left the restaurant in her father’s truck, she told her friends she was going home.

The truck was later found by her father parked on the shoulder of Interstate 45 South between exits 7 and 8.

It was locked and Jessica’s wallet was on the seat.

Since then, police have followed leads and volunteers have searched fields, but they have not turned up any sign of Jessica.
http://www.galvnews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=fb29ae5438e5d8dd

bumping for jessica.

this was the very first case that intrigued me to start following missing persons cases. I think was maybe 15 or 16 when she disappeared and I remember wanting to go help look for her but my mom wouldn't let me.

She is somewhere....

JessicaCain.jpg

a9709001.jpg

Name: Jessica Lee Cain
Case Number: A9709001
Case Type: Involuntary
Last Seen in: La Marque (Galveston County)
Last Seen on: 8/17/1997
Height: 5' 4 "
Weight: 140 lbs.
Age Missing: 17
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Brown
Date of Birth: 8/28/1979
Race: White
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA

Circumstances: Jessica has a scar on her right knee and has pierced ears. She was wearing a permanent upper retainer at the time of her disappearance. Jessica was last seen wearing a black sleeveless blouse with lace across the bodice, brown knit pants and black patent sandals. She was last seen by friends at a local restaurant. Her vehicle was found abandoned off I-45 South near Highland Bayou Park.

Additional details:

Jessica was last seen the morning of August 17, 1997, at Bennigans in Clear Lake. Her tan Ford Extended Cab (with camper) pickup truck was found along I-45 (Gulf Freeway) South between exit 7 and exit 8 in La Marque, Texas.

More....
750 comb area, hunt missing girl

http://www.chron.com/content/chronicle/metropolitan/97/08/25/cain.2-0.html

Cain failed to return home after leaving a Bennigan's restaurant in Webster around 1:30 a.m. About 3 a.m., her father, C.H. Cain, found the family pickup she was driving parked beside Interstate 45's southbound lanes between exits 7 and 8 in La Marque.

The 1992 tan Ford truck with a camper shell was operable and Jessica's wallet was inside. The keys to the truck were missing, according to La Marque police.

One clue being examined closely by investigators is the report by a woman motorist who saw a pickup similar to Cain's being pursued at high speed by a red, Isuzu Amigo sport utility vehicle. The witness made the sighting on I-45 near the FM 1764 exit shortly after 1:30 a.m. on the day of Cain's disappearance.

Other witnesses have told authorities they also saw a red Amigo near Cain's pickup in La Marque.

jodierenee said:
bumping for jessica.

this was the very first case that intrigued me to start following missing persons cases. I think was maybe 15 or 16 when she disappeared and I remember wanting to go help look for her but my mom wouldn't let me.

She is somewhere....
I completely understand! I was a high school senior at Clear Lake and knew someone that was friends with Jessica. She had actually been with her the night Jessica disappeared... A family friend spoke with someone they knew from the police department (the Galveston Sheriff's Office) and they suspected the witnesses/friends (from the former Harbour Playhouse in Dickinson- an area community theatre that Jessica was active in) that she was with at the cast party the night she disappeared were maybe covering up for Jessica. There was an idea that she meant an old boyfriend, I think. Of course, I got this story several years ago from my mom, so it was at least second or third-hand by that time.

I don't know if there is any truth to that, but we moved from Clear Lake to League City about 2 years ago, where we have the "killing fields." I am very suspicious, especially of men, that I don't know. Not obviously, but I keep aware that if it could happen to Jessica, who was only a year older than me, was short and brunette like me, and was active in theatre like me, it could happen to me very easily. I still call my parents if I go anywhere at night to check in. You just can't be too careful...

I hope that Jessica is found and that her family/friends are given the peace and justice they deserve. I think the uncertainty would be chilling. I feel so horrible that Jessica, who had so much talent and potential, wasn't even able to start college that month....

I know this is horrible... but hopefully the reconstruction/ cleanup from hurricane Ike will lead to some clues of her whereabouts :(

Hello to everyone,

Long time lurker, but finally decided to register. Just bumping for Jessica...Tues (8/17) will be the 13th anniversary of when she disappeared. Anyone else notice that she is not listed on AMW's website?? I checked both missing children and persons, but could not find info, there, on her.

Thanks
TFRS

I drive past the area where she disappeared all the time and always wonder how it is possible that after all this time, she is still missing. She was so, so close to her home on Tiki Island - you can see the Tiki Island lights from the area where her truck was found. Bumping for Jessica.

When Jessica's truck and the red amigo were parked near the exit, one of Jessica's friends had driven by and saw Jessica walking towards the amigo. I don't understand why this friend did not stop to see what was wrong, considering it was close to 2am.

When Jessica's truck and the red amigo were parked near the exit, one of Jessica's friends had driven by and saw Jessica walking towards the amigo. I don't understand why this friend did not stop to see what was wrong, considering it was close to 2am.

My guess is that they were trying to make their curfew. If the friend lived in Galveston, it takes a considerable amount of time to get across the causeway and into the residential areas.

Yes, I have Tommy Lynn Sells on the brain, as I am looking into his involvement in a murder in Mississippi. But consider the following:

1) On almost the exact date Jessica Cain goes missing, Tommy Lynn Sells abandons his impaired wife, Nora, in Tennessee; He had been sitting in jail in W. Va. for the Fabienne Witherspoon "malicious wounding" charge and had just gotten out of prison in June of 1997. According to Diane Fanning's book (p. 73) He abandoned Nora right around August 17th or 18th.

2.) Later he calls his mother in St. Louis (Sept. 5th) from OREGON, and calls Nora's mother. Shortly thereafter he fetches Nora from her mother's in W. Va. and takes her to his mother's in St. Louis.

3.) TLS had had some sort of job at a "car wash" in Tennessee when he abandoned Nora and headed west.

4.) TLS frequently drove pickup trucks (stolen or otherwise) and the white truck reported in connection with Jessica Cain apparently had a light bar. TLS had been arrested in St. Louis for stealing a light bar from one of his employers, for whom he drove a wrecker. (This was the mid-80's)

5.) According to Diane Fanning, TLS has "vaguely alluded to committing two murders in the Houston area, but was not willing to speak to that [Texas] Ranger or to provide any details about bodies resting on Texas soil" (p. 216)

6.) By this point in time, TLS had traveled extensively in Texas and had worked in the Corpus Christi area in the 1980's.

7.) TLS has confessed to killing at least two persons while he was working as a tow truck driver in the St. Louis area. It is very consistent with his array of scams and cons that he could have "dummied up" a fake tow truck and preyed on stranded interstate motorists, particularly of Jessica Cain's age.

8.) Finding patterns in TLS' crimes is admittedly a stretch. But it is true that he would disappear from his (wives, plural), commit a rape/murder, then cool off, and turn up back home days later. (Vicky Zubcic discusses this in the Stephane Bourgoin video documentary on youtube about TLS). Not only had TLS been sitting in prison in W. Va. for several years, his "pace" really picked up after he got out of prison. (At least, the pace of the crimes he can better remember, he claims). In October of 1997, he killed both Stefanie Mahaney in Missouri and Joel Kirkpatrick in Illinois, just two days apart.

I know it may be a stretch, but really, someone ought to look into whether TLS is a viable suspect. Just my opinion.

Thinking of Jessica and her family today... everyone whose heart Jessica touched remembers her. She's been missing since the morning of August 17, 1997.
picture.php

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back