GUILTY Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #2

Because social media has been an issue in this case, this is a recap of Bessie’s post from the previous thread:

RUMORS AND SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS:

• Linking to the Calgary Police Service and the Please Help Find JRN FB pages is allowed.
• Copy & Paste of posts IS ONLY ALLOWED with posts made by the Calgary Police Service or
an MSM Facebook or Twitter feed. You can copy/paste a reporter's posts but NOT the replies to it by the readers. (Note: ALWAYS include a link.)
• Posts/comments/replies by readers are considered rumor, and rumors are not allowed. Don't copy and paste them or even discuss them. Once that starts, the actual facts of a case become muddied, which results in confusion, and possible harm to an investigation and to innocent individuals.

If a known player (i.e. JRN’s mother) posts on FB, you can paraphrase the post, and then provide a link.

If you read a post that could be relevant but has not been confirmed (rumour), you can link to it without providing details. (Example: "FYI, interesting post by a KCR on March 14 at 6:26 pm CDT"

https://www.facebook.com/CalgaryPoli...e=1&permPage=1

If you still have questions about WS rules, or want to know why a post was removed, or if you disagree with a mod's decision, DO NOT post about it in the thread. Address all questions and concerns in PM to a moderator or administrator.

The Rules: Etiquette & Information

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Thanks !!

Shockingly, the CPS have STILL not confirmed that the body found was JRN. As I mentioned yesterday, I suspect that they are withholding the announcement for other reasons; possibly for investigative purposes. It just seems odd. They did state that the ME is still conducting the autopsy and will likely withhold COD.

Shockingly, the CPS have STILL not confirmed that the body found was JRN. As I mentioned yesterday, I suspect that they are withholding the announcement for other reasons; possibly for investigative purposes. It just seems odd. They did state that the ME is still conducting the autopsy and will likely withhold COD.

Personally, I find it disrespectful.

The release of information through the family more than once now is very unusual and unsettling... perhaps the wait is just formalities... or perhaps it's more games and manipulation from LE.

The release of information through the family more than once now is very unusual and unsettling... perhaps the wait is just formalities... or perhaps it's more games and manipulation from LE.

The thought has crossed my mind.

How far would you go with that theory?

Don't get me wrong... I am not saying that what they are doing is right, but I truly believe there is a method to their madness. When Hanson was in charge, he set about on a plan to change the structure of the units and give them more autonomy. The MCU has had a great deal of success with their unconventional strategies... I like to think they know what they are doing... time will tell.

Here are some archived articles (2013) regarding sexual assaults in Calgary.
http://beaconnews.ca/calgary/tag/sexual-assault/page/5/
You and I both have long suspected that there is an active violent sex offender in Calgary. We have even come up with the same name. The difficulty, is for LE to be able to legally connect the incidents and lay charges. When dealing with a seasoned offender, one has to realize that the perps are hyper-aware of what will get them caught. In order for LE to make charges stick, they have to resort to unconventional measures in order to catch them. Sadly, the legal system requires indisputable evidence beyond what LE can provide, making their jobs harder and harder. Perps are SMART these days... They are better equipped with legal knowledge than most Prosecutors... It's not as simple as knowing who is responsible and arresting them anymore. I would not want to be a Homicide Investigator for all the money in the world! They need to be smarter, savvy and unfortunately, keep the public out of the loop in order to catch these offenders. They only have ONE shot at making charges stick, and they better make sure every duck is perfectly in the row before doing so, or they have the unfathomable job of watching them walk free to re-offend.

You and I both have long suspected that there is an active violent sex offender in Calgary. We have even come up with the same name. The difficulty, is for LE to be able to legally connect the incidents and lay charges. When dealing with a seasoned offender, one has to realize that the perps are hyper-aware of what will get them caught. In order for LE to make charges stick, they have to resort to unconventional measures in order to catch them. Sadly, the legal system requires indisputable evidence beyond what LE can provide, making their jobs harder and harder. Perps are SMART these days... They are better equipped with legal knowledge than most Prosecutors... It's not as simple as knowing who is responsible and arresting them anymore. I would not want to be a Homicide Investigator for all the money in the world! They need to be smarter, savvy and unfortunately, keep the public out of the loop in order to catch these offenders. They only have ONE shot at making charges stick, and they better make sure every duck is perfectly in the row before doing so, or they have the unfathomable job of watching them walk free to re-offend.

If this is the case I sincerely hope that they have had past offenders and suspects under surveillance for a significant time leading up to Jessica's recovery. I assume that convicted offenders would have DNA submitted and a comparison is easily made.

If this is the case I sincerely hope that they have had past offenders and suspects under surveillance for a significant time leading up to Jessica's recovery. I assume that convicted offenders would have DNA submitted and a comparison is easily made.
Look at what just happened with Venn this past winter... I honestly don't know what it will take to stop these types of offenders:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1720932/gregory-venn-found-not-guilty-of-criminal-harassment/

Look at what just happened with Venn this past winter... I honestly don't know what it will take to stop these types of offenders:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1720932/gregory-venn-found-not-guilty-of-criminal-harassment/

There is no cure for these creatures, I sometimes wish people would stop advocating for 'rehabilitation' for criminals that fall under this personality disorder and type (sex offenders and pedophiles). I don't mean to sound too harsh for all the bleeding hearts out there (I'm usually one of them and an empathizer myself for most humans), but people need a wake up call and need to see the stats/numbers and victim's of these animals and need to know they'll never be rehabilitated and shouldn't be free after one prison stint.

My family member who's career dealt with these criminals said after one prison stint, when they're out they're worse because that's when they start to kill when they didn't before. They rid of witnesses the 'next time around' so they won't get caught and go *back* to prison. One rape, a diagnosis from psychologists saying they'll repeat, should be one strike you're out and in prison for good, JMO.

He really seems to be enjoying his 'celebrity' status. It's very frustrating to know the justice system so often turns a blind eye to the harm these repeat offenders impose on victims. It seems like this woman was victimized first by Venn, then by the justice system that let him 'walk'. I'm sure this trial took years off her life.

The man 3rd on the list and 10th on this list sound very similar in description.The last assault also occurred in Forest Lawn.
There have been a number of other assaults in that area that aren't on that list. While I think that it is possible that JRN was the victim of a stranger attack, statistically it is more likely that her perpetrator was someone she knew. <modsnip>

There have been a number of other assaults in that area that aren't on that list. While I think that it is possible that JRN was the victim of a stranger attack, statistically it is more likely that her perpetrator was someone she knew. <modsnip>

I feel like Jessica knew her murderer or was at least acquainted with this person somehow.

I would almost guess the person who killed her has no record or hasn't killed before only because there seems to be a mere speck of some small conscience at work by 'letting' her remains be found after that letter. Just a guess though, and the court date timing seems too aligned.

<modsnip> In these situations I tend to look at other family members other than the exes who might be close to the children (grandparents, aunts/uncles) sometimes they feel they have something to lose and might feel Jessica was in the way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back