Presumed Located FL - Eva Murphy, 29, Miami-Dade County, 31 October 1988

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Can anyone find more information about this missing person? There is a Namus listing, but a search hasn't turned up a listing in any of the other usual databases.

NamUs MP # 22107
Eva Murphy

No_photo

Miami-Dade County, Florida

Date last seen: 31 October 1988

29 year old black/African American female

5'4", 185 pounds

Ms. Murphy left her residence never to return. Ms. Murphy had two children at the time who were left behind in the care of their grandmother.

Detective Marlenes Caceres
Phone: 305-418-7200

Case number PD120418147385

Original MDPD C/N: 563687I

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/22107/94

I hope her children are searching or a relative perhaps. So many helpful people on here! This amazes me and so many solved cases. I thought all States missing persons used Facebook, but I do not see EVA on there as well.
So who notifies all the other sites ? Is there like a link alert ? :thinking:

I can't find her on Doenetwork or CharlieProject so I contacted Doenetwork on their fb page to see if they have anything on her.

Please pass this thread to anyone else or other locations on this site !
There is no Facebook site for EVA , and my guess is her kids may not even know what ever happened. Thanks !
This match could help prove actual innocence , in a case in SC of Douglas O'Neal who spent 23 years on parole . I strongly believe Eva is a match for the UI body found Nov 5 1988. This body was given a name , however the witness all recanted saying they were made to say he was guilty . It is a matter of time to prove , because he has multiple myeloma.
IF EVA HAD DENTURES - A SURE MATCH AND FROM THERE MORE EXTENSIVE DNA TESTING TO COMPARE TO FAMILY MEMBERS. LOCATING THEM WILL BE HARD. I HAVE GUESSES HER CHILDREN WERE BORN 1972- 1986 , LAST NAME WAS MURPHY. MAY HAVE CHANGES, HOWEVER HER COURT RECORDS INDICATE SOMEONE WAS USING HER IDENITY, BUT SHE IS MISSING FOR SURE. THANK YOU ALL !

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

NO PHOTO

Demographics
Missing Age29 Years
Current Age60 Years
First NameEva
Middle NameMarie
Last NameMurphy
Nickname/Alias--

SexFemale
Height5' 4" (64 Inches)
Weight185 lbs
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactOctober 31, 1988
NamUs Case CreatedOctober 3, 2013
Last Known Location Map
LocationMiami, Florida 33157
CountyMiami-Dade County

Circumstances of DisappearanceMs. Murphy left her residence never to return. Ms. Murphy had two children at the time who were left behind in the care of their grandmother.
Circumstance Notes
Original MDPD C/N: 563687I

Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair DescriptionShort permed style
Body Hair DescriptionN/A
Facial Hair DescriptionN/A
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--

Original
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Ms. Murphy was residing in a boarding house. On October 31, 1988, she left the house and has not returned. Her family and friends have never heard or seen her again.

Eva Marie Murphy – The Charley Project

murphy_eva.jpg
murphy_eva2.jpg

Murphy, circa 1977; circa 1980 (more recent photos of Murphy are unavailable)
  • Missing Since 10/31/1988
  • Missing From Miami, Florida
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 02/17/1959 (60)
  • Age 29 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'4, 160 - 185 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Unknown, but she usually wears jeans, sneakers and a gold chain with a gold cross pendant.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Murphy's ears are pierced and she has a scar on her abdomen, scars on the soles of her feet, and a small birthmark on one of her fingers. She has an Afro-Indian hair texture.

Details of Disappearance
Murphy was last seen in Miami, Florida on October 31, 1988. She was living in a boarding house at the time of her disappearance. She has never been heard from again. Murphy left behind two children in the care of her grandmother. Few details are available in her case.

Her NamUs page is down at the moment.

March 19, 2020

Snip:
At the time of her disappearance, Eva stood 5 feet 2 inches to 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighed anywhere between 160 to 185 pounds. She had brown hair and brown eyes. It’s noted in her case file that Eva has “Afro-Indian hair texture” and often wore her “curly/wavy hair in a short afro or up do.” Both of her ears are pierced and Eva has a scar on her abdomen, scars on the soles of her feet, and a small birthmark on one of her fingers (possibly her thumb). It’s not known what she was wearing when she disappeared, but it’s said that her typical attire included blue jeans, sneakers, and a gold chain with a gold cross pendant. She also went by the name “Eva Marie Rogers.”

She's beautiful and has a lovely smile!

1653142593310.png

1653142628286.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member