673 users online (70 members and 603 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

Ramseys Indicted by the Grand Jury in 1999

Still to come...
    Join us at CrimeCon.com
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

otg is offline Reports of my death are greatly exagerated... but not completely unfounded.
    Okay, Tricia. You've got my attention (and my curiosity piqued). When will we know more?

All views expressed in my posts are my opinion and are protected under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution as “freedom of speech.”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/10/26..._r=0&referrer=
    Just adding this, as it appears apropos to the thread title.
    Not new by any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole DA should be embarrassed and ashamed about the way they handled this case from Alex Hunter to Mary Lacy..
    They had the Ramseys back in a pathetic way that troubled the way of justice..

Found an interesting document (a downloadable .pdf file) that defines child abuse in legal terms with some specifics regarding individual states:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...TfTTFoqrv9F-4A

I was just wondering, if the Grand Jury decided each of the Ramseys were individually responsible for "Unlawfully, knowingly, recklessly, and feloniously permit a child to be unreasonably placed in a situation which posed a threat of injury to the child's life or health, which resulted in the death of JonBenet Ramsey.." Why was Burke allowed to remain in the household?

I am just speculating... I often wonder if the Ramsey's dropped BR and JBR off at home, got them settled, told them to have a snack and get their PJ's on while PR and JR dropped the gifts off to their friends. Perhaps the GJ testimony revealed this info. Could easily explain the true bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by observation View Post
    I am just speculating... I often wonder if the Ramsey's dropped BR and JBR off at home, got them settled, told them to have a snack and get their PJ's on while PR and JR dropped the gifts off to their friends. Perhaps the GJ testimony revealed this info. Could easily explain the true bill.
    Interesting theory, but very doubtful that a) the Ramsey's would ever leave BR alone in the house with JBR (see my other posts), b) that wouldn't be enough for the indictment, and c) would be impossible to prove outside of an R admission.
    “Every person must choose how much truth he can stand.”
    ― Irvin D. Yalom, When Nietzsche Wept

I find the indictment very interesting and am surprised it isn't getting much more discussion here.
    To me, it seems apparent that the GJ believed that a 3rd person (BR) committed the murder.
    The only documents I have found are for Count IV(a) and Count VII. Two charges that have been mentioned repeatedly.
    http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2013/...nts/?hpt=hp_t1

Kanzz, the robust discussion of the Grand Jury can be found here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d-Case-In-1999

Quote Originally Posted by kanzz View Post
    I find the indictment very interesting and am surprised it isn't getting much more discussion here.
    To me, it seems apparent that the GJ believed that a 3rd person (BR) committed the murder.
    The only documents I have found are for Count IV(a) and Count VII. Two charges that have been mentioned repeatedly.
    Hi Kanzz,

I agree. To me, the Grand Jury findings were always the key to solving this case.
    for there is nothing heavier than compassion. Not even one's own pain weighs so heavy as the pain one feels with someone, for someone, a pain intensified by the imagination and prolonged by a hundred echoes.” ― Milan Kundera, The Unbearable Lightness of Being

Is it true that Hunter cannot legally discuss anything that took place in the grand jury? Is this because the evidence contains information regarding Burke who was a minor at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandala View Post
    Is it true that Hunter cannot legally discuss anything that took place in the grand jury? Is this because the evidence contains information regarding Burke who was a minor at the time?
    I don't know if that's the reason, Mandala. I think he just doesn't want any secrets to get out.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    I don't know if that's the reason, Mandala. I think he just doesn't want any secrets to get out.
    If that's the case then he has a lot to answer for.

Quote Originally Posted by kanzz View Post
    Quote from Count VII:
    "knowing the person being assisted has committed and was suspected of the crime Of Murder in the First Degree and Child abuse resulting in Death"
    Does this mean the GJ believed that nine year-old BR committed a First Degree Murder? That what happened was even more than a fierce sibling fight that escalated to the point where BR might have struck JB's head in a rage with an object?

Also, the term child abuse makes me think more of a parent's actions than those of a sibling. (?)
    Last edited by rashomon; 10-23-2016 at 06:14 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast