586 users online (57 members and 529 guests)  

Websleuths News

Australia - Gordon Ibbs, 77, cyclist, killed in hit & run, Anakie, Vic, 10 May 2015

Police in Geelong believe the driver who struck and killed 77-year-old cyclist Gordon Ibbs on Sunday may be deliberately stalking cyclists. The death happened on the Geelong-Ballan road.

Witnesses indicate there's been no attempt by the driver of the vehicle to stop or to avoid the cyclist, and it makes me wonder whether it was actually a deliberate act by this person," he said.

Detective Sergeant Patrick said several people had contacted police to report a car matching the same description harassing cyclists around Geelong earlier this month.
    Police say the car that hit Ibbs would have been damaged and have issued a photo of a similar vehicle. Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-1...-fatal/6460774
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

OMG!!!

As a cyclist this just horrifies me! I actually saw a woman struck down by a 4WD on Saturday morning! We get that a lot of drivers hate us, and or just don't care, and can't really see us even if we wear high vis, but to actually STALK a random cyclist?

I wish we had separate roads, I'm sure some drivers do too.

This guy is still out there, so if anyone is cycling around Geelong perhaps they should consider driving to another spot until he is caught, very scary, I hope there is an arrest soon.
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

It is frightening - the article says the driver may be carrying something around to prod cyclists from the window too...
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

My god, that's so god awful!

My sister was telling me a story the other day, she got what is called 'smoked' while cycling .. that's when someone pulls up close to you in a car and somehow let's out a cloud of smoke so you can't see, she thought it was dry ice, or flour, but still doesn't really know .. god there are some animals out there .. makes me sad for us as a species.
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

From last month:

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/...1b3532ce1d4219

A Whittington man has appeared in Geelong Magistrates’ Court over the hit-run death of 77-year-old Corio cyclist Gordon Ibbs at Anakie on Mother’s Day this year.

Bradley Azzopardi, 25, is charged with culpable driving causing death, reckless conduct endangering death and reckless conduct endangering serious injury.