Australia - Gordon Ibbs, 77, cyclist, killed in hit & run, Anakie, Vic, 10 May 2015

zwiebel

Reaction score
Police in Geelong believe the driver who struck and killed 77-year-old cyclist Gordon Ibbs on Sunday may be deliberately stalking cyclists. The death happened on the Geelong-Ballan road.

Witnesses indicate there's been no attempt by the driver of the vehicle to stop or to avoid the cyclist, and it makes me wonder whether it was actually a deliberate act by this person," he said.

Detective Sergeant Patrick said several people had contacted police to report a car matching the same description harassing cyclists around Geelong earlier this month.

Police say the car that hit Ibbs would have been damaged and have issued a photo of a similar vehicle. Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-...ist-deliberately-hit-in-geelong-fatal/6460774

Attachments

• 6460802-3x2-700x467.jpg
    6460802-3x2-700x467.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 21
OMG!!!

As a cyclist this just horrifies me! I actually saw a woman struck down by a 4WD on Saturday morning! We get that a lot of drivers hate us, and or just don't care, and can't really see us even if we wear high vis, but to actually STALK a random cyclist?

:(

I wish we had separate roads, I'm sure some drivers do too.

This guy is still out there, so if anyone is cycling around Geelong perhaps they should consider driving to another spot until he is caught, very scary, I hope there is an arrest soon.

It is frightening - the article says the driver may be carrying something around to prod cyclists from the window too...

My god, that's so god awful!

My sister was telling me a story the other day, she got what is called 'smoked' while cycling .. that's when someone pulls up close to you in a car and somehow let's out a cloud of smoke so you can't see, she thought it was dry ice, or flour, but still doesn't really know .. god there are some animals out there .. makes me sad for us as a species.

That’s so crazy !

I was just reading some articles about Shui Ki Chan who was a cyclist in gatton who got hit and killed on his way home from work several years ago .

Same thing, crazy car driver hits and kills him intentionally . I come in here to see if anyone had posted about it . ( couldn’t find the story on Websleuths but aledged driver is an ice addict and is currently in jail waiting trial .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back