GUILTY UK - Marta Ligman, 23, found in suitcase in London canal, 28 April 2015

zwiebel

Reaction score
A body in a suitcase was discovered in the Grand Union canal in West London, Sunday. No details of identity or gender have been released yet, but Metropolitan police say a homicide investigation has been launched.

Strangely, police also said the death is being 'treated as suspicious at this early stage'. It seems hard to imagine how this death could turn out to be non-suspicious later. Perhaps it's just badly worded.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/may/10/body-found-in-suitcase-in-london-canal

Attachments

• a7f2bc35-bafc-41a4-bd5c-214e9bec4315-bestSizeAvailable.jpeg
    a7f2bc35-bafc-41a4-bd5c-214e9bec4315-bestSizeAvailable.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 158

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 146
Looking at photos of the place, I'm thinking the suspect must live close by, and maybe even walked to the river with the case. Because if the person had access to a car, there must be better places to discard a body. Lots of people on houseboats to overhear or see.

Unless the suitcase came off a boat....

http://www.london24.com/news/crime/..._probe_after_body_found_in_suitcase_1_4068197

Yes seems to be a fairly public area, unless it floated there from somewhere else.....is that possible ?

A body found in luggage may be the quintessential English crime.

Yes seems to be a fairly public area, unless it floated there from somewhere else.....is that possible ?

You were spot on - police say the case went into the water further along the canal.

There have been 3 arrests: men aged 30, 34 and 38. Police are confident they know the identity of the victim and have informed her family, but have not identified her yet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...don-canal.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK

ETA: They think she has been in the water two weeks.

I've got a horrible feeling about this case. I think it's going to turn out even more horrific than it is already. :(

I've got a horrible feeling about this case. I think it's going to turn out even more horrific than it is already. :(
How so? Additional bodies in suitcases in English waterways?

A body in a suitcase was discovered in the Grand Union canal in West London, Sunday. No details of identity or gender have been released yet, but Metropolitan police say a homicide investigation has been launched.

Strangely, police also said the death is being 'treated as suspicious at this early stage'. It seems hard to imagine how this death could turn out to be non-suspicious later. Perhaps it's just badly worded.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/may/10/body-found-in-suitcase-in-london-canal

That's the Brits! I love it! Yes, fellow WS Peeps, I don't think s/he merely over-packed...

One more little Brit-bit: I listen to the BBC World News from time to time, and there is one broadcaster, a male, who always winds up the broadcast by saying, "This is the end of the World News." Chuckle. (my chuckle, not his :D)
-----------------------------------------

Hoping we can continue to get news on this one. We're getting it from the get-go as far as investigation is concerned, and that is always exciting and a challenge.

So they made the arrests yesterday, that was quick, that implies they knew who the dead woman was......doesn't it ? Could it be someone from the area who was recently reported missing ?

My hunch is an Asian girl who's been killed by her own family :(

Amazing, zwiebel -- I've had the same feeling -- something creepy or cruel or twisted -- obviously, I can't put the right words to it yet, but it's just something very upsetting. In a suitcase -- in that area of London. Mmmmfff, I don't know what to say, other than I hope I'm just over-reacting. Don't know why.

Time will tell. SMH.

Marta Ligman suitcase murder: First picture of woman found dead in canal and 'boyfriend' accused of death

PAY-Marta-Ligman.jpg

Tragic: Thomasz Kocik (left) is accused of killing Marta Ligman (right)

This is the first picture of the tragic woman found dead in a suitcase and the boyfriend accused of killing her.

Martusia Ligman, known as Marta, was identified today as the victim of a horrific murder which resulted in her body being stuffed in a suitcase.

The 23-year-old's body was recovered from the Grand Union Canal in Maida Vale, west London, on Sunday.

A 38-year-old man, believed to be Marta's boyfriend, has today been charged with murdering her.

Tomasz Kocik, also of Buckingham Road, appeared at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court this morning.

RIP Marta :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back