746 users online (82 members and 664 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

PA - Burt Reynolds Makes Rare Public Appearance at Comic Con

I didn't realize that his health seems to be deteriorating. No one could rock a toupee like Burt Reynolds...except maybe William Shatner. Burt Reynolds was the icon of the 80's for me growing up.....even though I'm still only 21 years old.

Burt Reynolds made a rare public appearance over the weekend attending the Wizard World Comic Con in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on Saturday.

The Boogie Nights star, 79, wore what seems to have become his uniform in the later years of life: a black velvet jacket, rose-colored glasses, and a matching pocket square. He also had to use a cane to walk. It was the first time Reynolds had participated in Comic Con and his appearance generated a lot of buzz.
    https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/ce...180845844.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    I didn't realize that his health seems to be deteriorating. No one could rock a toupee like Burt Reynolds...except maybe William Shatner. Burt Reynolds was the icon of the 80's for me growing up.....even though I'm still only 21 years old.

Hes lost a lot of weight --
    jmo

Aww, so sad to see him like this. He sure has had his share of problems over the years and it seems those have taken a toll on him. I believe it was an injury he sustained that got him addicted to pills. I would love to sit down with Burt to hear him share stories of his career. The Comic Con attendees got a real treat with him being there.

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post

Wow! My all time favorite movie is *The End*, Co-Starring Dom Deluise.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    Wow! My all time favorite movie is *The End*, Co-Starring Dom Deluise.
    I was literally just thinking that, and then saw your post.

Remember when he eats a couple of potato chips, looks at the Lays bag, and says, "Wow, you really can't eat just one." Classic. And Dom...OMG such a great performance in that film.
    Last edited by nrdsb4; 05-11-2015 at 09:20 PM.

I never knew his feet were so small! lol

I think THE END was a great film -- Reynolds directed as well as starred in it.

But be careful what you wish for: I saw him live over 10 years ago when he guested on a British talk show. His stories droned on for hours. The old self-deprecation was mostly gone and he was the "hero" of all his stories. I don't care if he slept with a famous movie star of the 1930s, but she is long dead, the story has no point, and I think telling it was in poor taste.

Back in the early 1990s, Reynolds blamed his pill addiction on TMJ (the jaw problem, which can be very painful). It happened to be a time when the A-movie offers were drying up, so who knows what is the truth?

(If I seem to have a lot of info for someone who "hates" Reynolds, I don't actually hate him at all. He was a big star during my formative years and his ranch was only an hour from my house in Florida. We thought of him with pride as our "local" star.)