PA - Burt Reynolds Makes Rare Public Appearance at Comic Con

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
I didn't realize that his health seems to be deteriorating. No one could rock a toupee like Burt Reynolds...except maybe William Shatner. Burt Reynolds was the icon of the 80's for me growing up.....even though I'm still only 21 years old. ;)

bebc1ab0-f7fe-11e4-89bc-cffaf3ab27b7_Burt-Reynolds.jpg

Burt Reynolds made a rare public appearance over the weekend attending the Wizard World Comic Con in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on Saturday.

The Boogie Nights star, 79, wore what seems to have become his uniform in the later years of life: a black velvet jacket, rose-colored glasses, and a matching pocket square. He also had to use a cane to walk. It was the first time Reynolds had participated in Comic Con and his appearance generated a lot of buzz.
https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/c...public-appearance-at-comic-con-180845844.html

Aww, so sad to see him like this. He sure has had his share of problems over the years and it seems those have taken a toll on him. I believe it was an injury he sustained that got him addicted to pills. I would love to sit down with Burt to hear him share stories of his career. The Comic Con attendees got a real treat with him being there.

Wow! My all time favorite movie is *The End*, Co-Starring Dom Deluise.

I was literally just thinking that, and then saw your post.

Remember when he eats a couple of potato chips, looks at the Lays bag, and says, "Wow, you really can't eat just one." Classic. And Dom...OMG such a great performance in that film.

I think THE END was a great film -- Reynolds directed as well as starred in it.

But be careful what you wish for: I saw him live over 10 years ago when he guested on a British talk show. His stories droned on for hours. The old self-deprecation was mostly gone and he was the "hero" of all his stories. I don't care if he slept with a famous movie star of the 1930s, but she is long dead, the story has no point, and I think telling it was in poor taste.

Back in the early 1990s, Reynolds blamed his pill addiction on TMJ (the jaw problem, which can be very painful). It happened to be a time when the A-movie offers were drying up, so who knows what is the truth?

(If I seem to have a lot of info for someone who "hates" Reynolds, I don't actually hate him at all. He was a big star during my formative years and his ranch was only an hour from my house in Florida. We thought of him with pride as our "local" star.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back