Australian millionaire and billionaire at war over rosé wine v beer

zwiebel

Reaction score
A high-profile Sydney multi-millionaire businessman and his friend of 40 years - a billionaire - have fallen out in a welter of broken glass in a swish Sydney restaurant.

73-year-old millionaire John Singleton lunged at his friend, 72-year-old billionaire Jack Cowin, with a broken wine glass and had to be restrained by staff. The attack apparently came about over a disagreement about ordering rosé wine over beer.

Stranger still, when asked by media about the incident, Singleton spoke of himself in the third person like this, which is a form of address generally only used by the Queen of England:

"Singleton was displeased with this and whacked Cowin over the head with a bottle."

Singleton is worth around $370 million. Cowin comes in at around $940 million.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ton-lunges-at-old-mate-with-broken-wine-glass

Attachments

• CEwMamWXIAAb4dU.png
    CEwMamWXIAAb4dU.png
    335.6 KB · Views: 61
I love Singo, but he'a a prick, he used to walk through his agency and just cull people, also women couldn't wear pants or open toed shoes by memory, still .. he is good at what he does, and changed the face of Advertising in Australia, you have to give him credit for bringing our national character into our ads, I'll always love him for that.

I think he used to bash his wives too?

ETA: Love a bit of billionaire biffo, this brings back fond memories of the Packer / Gyngell stouch ..

:gday:

Packer/Gyngell? Now I'm going to have to google...

Also - I'm in Germany, There could never be a dispute about beer here. It comes with everything, including breakfast. :)

HAHA Zwiebel, I see you are becoming acquainted with our national culture .. ie going toe to toe in public over sweet FA :D

HAHA Zwiebel, I see you are becoming acquainted with our national culture .. ie going toe to toe in public over sweet FA :D

Haha bring back the biff!
Even Australian millionaires know how to do it. It's in the convict blood.

Well, over here we tend to compete with chainsaws, cutting down big trees and seeing who doesn't lose a limb first.

I guess you pays your money and takes your choices. :)

I am out but just checked out the story on news.com.au .. Seemed they carried on across the road until Singo had to be literally carried out to his car! Also lots of great quotes on his reaction to the reporters and morning radio's reaction.

Loving this one :)

I am out but just checked out the story on news.com.au .. Seemed they carried on across the road until Singo had to be literally carried out to his car! Also lots of great quotes on his reaction to the reporters and morning radio's reaction.

Loving this one :)

Haven't we got laws against serving drunk persons or is that only for the great unwashed?

Haven't we got laws against serving drunk persons or is that only for the great unwashed?

Ha. That would have to be Australia's least enforced law, regardless of class. Never hurts to be a filthy rich, old, white male though.

I don't know who Heckle and Jeckle are but clearly whoever ordered the beer is correct :gday:

Here y'all go .. more details and awesome pics of Singo being carried out of the pub ..

After the bust-up, Mr Singleton and Mr Cowin, who had also been dining with troubled former Noiseworks musician Jon Stevens at the time, then left to the nearby Bells Hotel. But not before an alleged run-in with a cameraman outside.

Asked about the row inside, Mr Singleton at first claimed it was “over a woman” then, asked about his view on violence, he lunged at the camera screaming “I f-----g love it! I f-----g love it!”

Oh dear .. thankfully he had a driver on call hey?

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...-steak-crabhouse/story-fnki1jcy-1227351076826

BTW agree with above posters on the breaking of the 'Responsible Service of Alcohol' guidelines, should we make a complaint?

I sometimes wonder how rich folk can brush these things off so easily. Is it that trait that got them rich, or a result of it? If it were me, I think I'd want a face lift and a name change to hide the shame. Or maybe there's rich folk who'd feel like me, and that's why they behave in public :thinking:

God compared to what these guys used to be like this is almost calm! I don't think people like Singo are capable of shame, also it's a cultural thing to get publicly blind .. He's probably proud of himself and is finding it all funny and an ego boost to boot.

How embarrassing!! Australians have a bit of a reputation around the world for drinking and fighting, these two old men are shameless about their behaviour.
Just being blokes, - albeit immature ones.
Not much to look up to for our youth. Appalling role models.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back