910 users online (144 members and 766 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Most Americans Believe Miscarriage Myths

Miscarriages are common, but the majority of Americans still think they occur rarely, a new survey finds.

The nationwide online survey found that 55 percent of people in the United States believe that miscarriage happens in 5 percent or less of all pregnancies. But in reality, miscarriages end 15 to 20 percent of reported pregnancies, according to the researchers.

Miscarriage myths affect more than just people in the United States; they are a universal problem, said the study's senior author, Dr. Zev Williams, the director of the Program for Early and Recurrent Pregnancy Loss at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Health System in New York City.
    http://news.yahoo.com/most-americans...154303562.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I find it odd that most Americans think that it happens in 5 % of pregnancies, or less. Who did they ask? Still, 15-20 percent isn't as bad as the rate of miscarriage for women over 40...it can get as high as 60%.
    http://www.advancedfertility.com/age-miscarriage.htm

I had 3 miscarriages in my early 30's. It is very tough. When I did finally become a MOTHER I appreciated my babies so very much though.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn