AL - Judith Carranza, 60, found in shallow grave, Etowah County, 13 March 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
ETOWAH COUNTY, AL (WAFF) - A man and a woman were arrested in Panama City, FL on Tuesday for the murder of the woman's aunt, who was reported missing Monday.
Marshall County sheriff's officials say Judith McElroy Carranza's body was found near Little Cove Road at Cove Springs Road in Etowah County late Tuesday night. Carranza was 60 years old.

A search took place at a home on Walker Road in the town of Horton in Marshall County on Wednesday evening. Investigators say Carranza was killed by her niece and her niece's husband. It appears she died from strangulation, according to investigators.

The two warrants the pair is wanted for include fugitive from justice and murder by strangulation.

Bay County sheriff's deputies got information from Etowah County officials that an Elizabeth Dawn Austin was wanted in Alabama for armed robbery. Bay County authorities spotted the woman's vehicle and arrested her and another man, Curtis Lee Austin, in the parking lot of a JC Penney's in Panama City.
Judith McElroy Carranza
7390784_G.jpg

Curtis Lee Austin and Elizabeth Dawn Austin (Source: Bay County Sheriff's Office)
7402309_G.jpg

http://zipzp.eu/news.php?u=http://dlvr.it/9mhRRL

http://www.abc3340.com/story/287763...d-murdered-in-etowah-county-speak-to-abc-3340

Kori Turner went to the crime scene Thursday. She lay on the ground next to the shallow grave where investigators recovered the body of 60-year-old Judith Carranza.

Turner's cousin, Elizabeth Austin, is charged with murder by strangulation, as is Austin's husband Curtis.

"I just hope they're brought to justice for what they've done," Turner said.

"No, it hasn't been proven in a court of law, but from what I understand, [Elizabeth] admitted it and that's how the body was found in the first place, or else [my mother would] still be lying in the dirt. With her body just decaying."

Turner shared her story exclusively with ABC 33/40 on Friday evening, after spending the day collecting items from her mother's home in Horton. She said Carranza planned to move to St. Clair County in late March, to be closer to her best friend and farther away from the Austins.

May Judith RIP! I am glad to read they have these two locked up already. I hope they receive the maximum penalty the law will allow!

Woman pleads guilty to murder

An Etowah County woman received 20 years of prison time after pleading guilty to manslaughter in a murder case that began in 2015.

In April of 2015, Elizabeth Dawn Austin, 32, and her ex-husband, Curtis Lee Austin, 34, were charged with the murder of Elizabeth’s aunt, Judith McElroy Carranza, of Horton.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back