691 users online (134 members and 557 guests)  

Websleuths News

Heart of Europe

New Zealand - Lost runner drank own breastmilk to survive

Trail runner Susan O'Brian became lost in the bush while competing in the tough XTERRA Wellington Trail Running Series in the Rimutaka Forest Park, New Zealand. Dressed only in light running gear, she covered herself in dirt to keep warm and sustained herself by drinking her own breast milk.

"I definitely thought I was going to die," she said.

But the thought of her children kept her going. "Nothing else mattered but my family. I felt God with me the whole time."
    After a long 24 hours, Susan was able to make her way back to the trail last Monday morning where she met the rescue helicopter that had been searching for her. She was quickly reunited with her worried family, including her two-year-old son and eight-month-old daughter.

Attached Images Attached Images
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links

It's amazing stuff.

It's also very comforting to know that I could feed my kids in an emergency.
    No need for formula in the 72 hour kit... one crucial thing you don't have to worry about forgetting.