Oldest practicing nurse in US celebrates her 90th birthday

SurfieTX

Reaction score
The oldest practicing nurse in the United States was left in tears after a heartwarming surprise party her co-workers threw as they rang in her 90th birthday.

Florence 'SeeSee' Rigney was born in 1925 and has been working for nearly seven decades at Tacoma General Hospital in Washington. She celebrated her birthday on May 8.

The operating room nurse has been working at the hospital since 1946, and considered retiring at the age of 67, but still works two days a week setting up rooms.

As her colleagues gathered on Friday, Rigney was caught on camera during the emotional birthday surprise where she even received a card from state Governor Jay Inslee honoring her achievements.

Scroll down for video

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ates-seven-decades-nursing.html#ixzz3Zw7fPnNn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

You have to admire people like this who just keep on keeping on. I have a relative who worked full time into her eighties before she finally stopped (working that is, she is still alive). I have so much respect for people like this. Perhaps they will name one of the operating rooms after her, it would be well deserved and a great way to say thanks back to her for dedicating her life and service in helping others.

much needed smile. Thank you.

You have to admire people like this who just keep on keeping on. I have a relative who worked full time into her eighties before she finally stopped (working that is, she is still alive). I have so much respect for people like this. Perhaps they will name one of the operating rooms after her, it would be well deserved and a great way to say thanks back to her for dedicating her life and service in helping others.
I admire people who continue working as long as they can, too. I know an 87-year-old man who still works. He got a new job a couple of weeks ago. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back