GUILTY VA - Callen Mullins, 3, beaten to death, Glade Hill, 12 May 2015

Tulessa

Reaction score
Deputies are searching for Hope Mcvey Perdue. She was last seen at 4:30 a.m. Tuesday morning. The sheriff's office is asking for the public's help in finding Perdue.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/smi...3yearold-searching-for-foster-mother/32958994

FRANKLIN CO., Va. -
The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the "suspicious" death of a 3-year-old child and searching for the child's foster mother.

I think she has been found hiding in a garage. Sorry I can't link but it was an article on a linked page regarding Noah Thomas' thread.

Glad she's been found, may she rot.

According to the search warrants filed in Roanoke County, David Perdue told investigators his wife, Hope, was the last person holding Callen the morning he was killed. David told investigators Callen was alive and injury-free before he was handed over to Hope.

The search warrants also show David and Hope told investigators they smoked marijuana and drank alcohol the night of Callen's death.

http://wvtm.membercenter.worldnow.c...details-about-death-of-franklin-co-3-year-old

Ugh. :mad:

Yeah, but her sister said she was all about love and the best mom in the world and all that jazz. A neighbor said on the news FB page that she would leave her own kids with her mom for days at a time, and lots of partying went on at her house...UGH again!

http://www.wdbj7.com/video/families-share-their-heartbreak-over-loss-of-callen-mullins/33035714

I am just having a hard time mustering up empathy for this woman. Many people have had abusive childhoods and hard lives, but they don't go on to murder babies. This little one wasn't even her own child. If she was not capable of caring for him, she certainly could've given his care over to another family member.

Two things 1. the candlelight vigil is to be held at the home of the foster parents where this child died??? That has to be hard to understand for the biological family and maybe for the neighbors too.

2. How did a woman who has documented mental health problems serious enough to be hospitalized get approved for foster care? I understand that we shouldn't ostracize those diagnosed with mental illness but JMO we should draw the line at approving them for foster or legal adoptions. Maybe nothing bad happens to the children but it happened this time and I certainly wouldn't want to live with that decision.

In little Callen's life he went from a dysfunctional bio family to a dysfunctional foster family. He never had a chance. As a Christian I am to love everyone just like Jesus loves me and I do. I feel so terrible for both families and I will pray for all of them but in MOO, this was a placement that never should have been approved.

According to the search warrants filed in Roanoke County, David Perdue told investigators his wife, Hope, was the last person holding Callen the morning he was killed. David told investigators Callen was alive and injury-free before he was handed over to Hope.

The search warrants also show David and Hope told investigators they smoked marijuana and drank alcohol the night of Callen's death.

http://wvtm.membercenter.worldnow.c...details-about-death-of-franklin-co-3-year-old

Ugh. :mad:
from what i understand, this child was NOT in the foster care system....as a matter of fact i think the department of children's services were quick to come out and say they were not involved in this case when it broke......from my reading, guardianship was turned over to this couple after the family of the mother would/could no longer take care of the two siblings....the mother had relinquished custody due to health reasons.....i don't have a link handy and have followed this story elsewhere from the beginning so i'll just have to add imo......

just heartbreaking......a precious little boy :rose:

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/f...cle_c2882678-89e5-5fa2-89ac-41168107f479.html

(snip)

Initially, authorities identified Hope and David Perdue as the child’s foster parents but were later informed that the children in the home had not been placed there as part of foster care.

Young said the department is working to determine the relationship between the Perdues and the children.
----------------
more at link

As a foster carer who has gone on to adopt, this one hits hard :(

This woman agreed to look after vulnerable little ones and she has let them down.
Here, the process to adopt is tough, you have to go through so much to be approved.
If she had serious mental health issues she should never have been in a position to harm any children.

These poor children had already gone through so much,been removed from their birth family and then ended up in a home with drugs and alcohol and now the death of the little one.
Heartbreaking.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong