Toilet Paper Rolls Get Smaller

poco

Reaction score
Beginning about April 2000, Fort James Paper Company (800-243-5384) reduced the number of sheets in the regular size rolls of its Quilted Northern brand of toilet paper, from 280 sheets to 200 sheets. Not only that, but they decreased the length of each sheet from 4.4 inches to 4.0 inches. Concurrent with this change, they began adding "triple" rolls to their existing "double" rolls and regular size rolls.

For the rest of the story......

http://cageyconsumer.com/tpquiltd.html

I always wondered why the triple rolls were the same size as the single rolls from years back.

Manufacturers think the general public is stupid. Everyone knows the costs continually go up. In order for manufacturers to keep the end cost (grocery store) the same or not increase too drastically, they've gradually been cutting back on content.

Have you noticed even the paltry ingredients in a can of dog food, more gravey, less meat. Soup, less meat pieces and veggies, more juice. It's been going this way for a long time. Plus, some of the containers have been getting gradually smaller. ie. coffee. It used to be 3lbs., now it's 2lb 2 1/2oz.

JMHO
fran

PS...I had three little girls going through a roll of t-paper a day. I went to the rolls with 1000 single sheets. Much more economical. The 4 roll package costs a little more, but in the end, I spend less..........fran

PS...I had three little girls going through a roll of t-paper a day. I went to the rolls with 1000 single sheets. Much more economical. The 4 roll package costs a little more, but in the end, I spend less..........fran[/QUOTE]

Oh, but Fran, I have a tender tush. You must be referring to the dreaded Scott toilet paper. Not only is it scratchy, but you have to use 3 times as much. My MIL uses it and I think it's awful - and false economy. I prefer the Shop Rite store brand, Cottonelle or Kleenex brand.

Speaking of rip-offs, has anyone noticed the Edy's ice cream? They went from half gallon containers to 1 3/4 Pts. They also RAISED the price! I'm sure others will follow suit. I would prefer to pay a bit more to get what I want, but they don't give us a choice. :(

Sniffy38 said:
PS...I had three little girls going through a roll of t-paper a day. I went to the rolls with 1000 single sheets. Much more economical. The 4 roll package costs a little more, but in the end, I spend less..........fran
Oh, but Fran, I have a tender tush. You must be referring to the dreaded Scott toilet paper. Not only is it scratchy, but you have to use 3 times as much. My MIL uses it and I think it's awful - and false economy. I prefer the Shop Rite store brand, Cottonelle or Kleenex brand.

Speaking of rip-offs, has anyone noticed the Edy's ice cream? They went from half gallon containers to 1 3/4 Pts. They also RAISED the price! I'm sure others will follow suit. I would prefer to pay a bit more to get what I want, but they don't give us a choice. :([/QUOTE]
I don't know if we should talk of ice cream and toilet paper in the same post...my grandmother always said "everything has two sides, even toilet paper" I never quite knew what she meant...but I do know that toilet paper and ice cream just ain't right together...I guess.

[ :([/QUOTE]
I don't know if we should talk of ice cream and toilet paper in the same post...my grandmother always said "everything has two sides, even toilet paper" I never quite knew what she meant...but I do know that toilet paper and ice cream just ain't right together...I guess.[/QUOTE]

:laugh: :laugh: Magnum - That is just too funny! Thanks for the laugh.

Sniffy38 said:
I don't know if we should talk of ice cream and toilet paper in the same post...my grandmother always said "everything has two sides, even toilet paper" I never quite knew what she meant...but I do know that toilet paper and ice cream just ain't right together...I guess.[/QUOTE]
:laugh: :laugh: Magnum - That is just too funny! Thanks for the laugh.[/QUOTE]
Yurr welcom...what does Sniffy 38 mean anyway? I'm not too bright..it doesn't have to mean anything, but I like it..mpi

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back