809 users online (123 members and 686 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TX - A'Million Shelton, 7 mos, Houston, 19 March 2015

A'Million Meshelle Shelton

Amber Alert for missing Houston infant
    An Amber Alert has been issued Tuesday for a missing seven-month old girl in Houston.

A'Million Meshelle Shelton was last seen with her mother, 24-year-old Chantay Denise Myers, who has had her parental rights for the child terminated, according to officials.

Both had last been know to be living with relatives on Burma Road.
    http://www.chron.com/houston/article...ld-6258467.php
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

There was a story about this baby girl on KHOU 11 news just now - apparently her mother has prior drug offenses and her other four children have been removed from her custody. Her parental rights to baby A'Million were revoked after she refused a drug test. However, her family says they know where she and the baby are and that A'Million is fine. She's a beautiful little girl and I hope her mother is taking good care of her, but the circumstances are worrying and the relative they interviewed on the news did nothing to ease my worries.

^^^
    Agreed.

I saw the same interview and these people think the laws do not apply to them. Obv if this woman is not fit to currently have custody, there is a reason. Judgements like that don't fall out of the sky.

A'Million is a precious little girl. I hope she is safe right now.

Amber Alert: 7-month-old baby still missing
    HOUSTON – An Amber Alert has been issued for A'Million Shelton, a 7-month-old, who was last seen with her mother. Chantey Denise Myers, 24, disappeared with the baby after she had her parental rights terminated by CPS.

A'Million and Myers, were last both known to be living with the maternal grandparents on Burma Road in south Houston. They haven't been seen in two months.

CPS said they took custody of the baby after Myers refused to take a court-ordered drug test. Myers had already lost custody of four older children because of drug convictions.

The baby's grandfather made it clear he won't let that happen again.

"There ain't no problems over here. Ain't no problems over here," Ralph Myers said. "CPS has taken four grandkids of mine. I pray to the God that it don't happen no more."

Myers said the baby is fine but he wouldn't say where she is.

"It ain't none of your damn business," he said.
    http://www.khou.com/story/news/local...ston/27182131/

Chantey Myers
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

The picture of the baby is a concern. She has that "vacant" look of abused babies, and she has a black eye.

Of course, it could just be a bad pic of her.

And the name? Who would think that was a good name that would reflect positively on a child?

Mom has five children at the age of 24? Four taken away by CPS. The baby does have a vacant look in her eyes. I won't make a comment on the name other than to say what a moniker for the poor child as she grows up.

The mother and grandfather's whole attitude towards this is F'd up. I just hope we can all look passed that and make sure this baby, who apparently hasn't been seen for 2 months, is okay. On a very personal note, it's people like this that give "us" a bad name.

Just because a name is not up to one's arbitrary standards does not make it a bad name.

As for the grandparents, there are screwed up people of every color and creed so just because this story makes the news doesn't mean there's never been a white family with the same jacked up response for reporters and LE.

I hope A'Million is safe and has what she needs tonight.

Any intel on why CPS and not family members have the kids? Even in a family of lunatics and addicts, there's typically one person who knows right from wrong and practices it.

Well, I'm in to names, and studies about names, and there are a lot of bad names out there. It is amazing, the power of a name to determine how a child feels about him/herself. And sadly, they determine a large portion of how the public perceives and reacts to them.

And honestly I feel sad about what LOS said. This child's situation and name has nothing at all to do with color, and shouldn't reflect badly on anyone at all except the parents/grandparents of this little baby girl. It's not a race thing, it's an inability to function as a parent thing.

And although most families have someone on the periphery who is able to parent adequately if a child is removed from the bioparent and can step in to foster the children, not all do. Especially with 5 kids. If someone were able to help out they would have by now, IMHO.

Missing: A'MILLION SHELTON (TX)

A'MILLION SHELTON, Age Now: 7 Month(s), Missing: 03/19/2015. Missing From HOUSTON, TX. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Harris County Constable's Office (Texas) 1-713-643-6602.

More...
    Last edited by KateB; 05-16-2015 at 12:46 PM. Reason: add photo

Thanks for posting that.

3'0"? Why don't they have someone during the information intake process who will say "are you sure? That doesn't seem possible. Is your daughter in general about average size for her age?" Three feet tall is quite tall for a 2 year old girl, I can't imagine a 7 month old being that size.

This is the agency that issued the Houston Regional Amber Alert and the original post for A'Million. Hoping for a update soon.
    Texas Center for the Missing
    https://www.facebook.com/TXCenter/po...52820480582337

Anything new here??

Local news has not given updates as far as I know.

I hope this beautiful baby is ok and the mom isn't just hiding out to cover up a crime

I understand the the grandfathers frustration with losing his grandkids, I think his anger is misdirected

I feel for people with addiction, I've had family with these kind of problems, but personally I couldn't imagine not doing everything in my power to quit doing drugs if my children were on the line

I hope she gets help, and the baby is somewhere warm and safe

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast