NY NY - MISSING PERSON: New York State Police in Bath need help, May 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
MISSING PERSON: New York State Police in Bath need help regarding an investigation into a missing person. The items pictured below are all the information troopers have at this time. Police have not released a name of the possible missing person or where they recovered these items. Anyone with information on who owns these items is asked to contact NYSP at 607-776-6866 or call Steuben County 911. Police say all calls will be kept confidential.
10982199_10153325511449640_5136463601845127620_n.jpg

black bandana with spider print
10410577_10153325517384640_1394951549785897139_n.jpg

Croc style shoes; camo print; size 12
Read more here - https://www.facebook.com/wenytv

Ok I'm going to be a butt-head. Shoes and a dew rag, missing a person? Male, Female, possible missing person?

Size 12 shoe means probably a male.

How odd. No explanation why they feel someone is missing based of the shown items. I don't know that I have ever seen a plea to the public for assistance with so little given them to go on.

I wonder if they belong to someone who is deceased and has no identifiable attributes. I hope they can find out who these items belong to or their family members.

Although this press release does not provide a great deal of information, this case involves a high level of urgency and sensitivity. I have attached photos of the items described in the release, in hopes that you will be able to print them, where applicable. Additional information will be disseminated as it becomes available. Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.
Sr. Inv. Curt Eaton
New York State Police - Bath

From tarabull's link above.

I wonder if they belong to someone who is deceased and has no identifiable attributes. I hope they can find out who these items belong to or their family members.
That's the impression I get from this. Either deceased or unable to communicate due to injury or illness.

Very sad. I hope someone responds to the press release soon.

Was thinking the individual might be dead as well. Hoping they can get a positive identification.

I'm not certain that IS a do-rag. It could also be a surgical cap. And many nurses wear clogs. A male nurse or surgical tech?

Just trying to think outside the box...

Someone on facebook said a man was found dead in that area with no shirt or shoes on and that an ambulance came and took him to the VA Hospital. Maybe they are trying to identify that man if he had no ID on him. It would be a very large man to wear a 3X shirt. My husband is 5'8" and 250 pounds and he only wears a 2x shirt. Size 12 shoes are fairly large too. The person on facebook said the man found dead was a black man. Of course, all that is rumor coming from a commenter on the news facebook page.

I think it was there was a black male by the body that picked up his limp arm.

If they found a person, surely they would post a drawing or photo of his face, rather than a couple items of clothing. And he wouldn't be "missing", but rather "unidentified". The mystery continues.

The word "sensitive" jumped out at me, as well as the urgency in finding who owns the items. This is a strange one indeed.

any hairs found in the do-rag??? and no dna from the shoes??? my feet would sweat terribly in them-------boy this is strange...

ok----Woolrich is an expensive brand yes ? Possibly came from a catalogue purchase..........could this individual be a hunter???

shoes would have wear pattern as well on the soles and heels------can the finger prints be run????? Does one have to fingerprinted to own a gun???

Wow, Bath, New York!! What a quiet, lovely town! My husband's family had a house on Keuka Lake, beautiful wine country.

This is so odd... Anyway, I'm quite intrigued.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back