1101 users online (219 members and 882 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GA - Douglas Michael Shockley, 46, Canton, 11 May 2015

Shockley was last seen wearing blue jeans and a blue-green shirt. He is also driving a white 2015 Nissan Frontier pickup truck bearing Georgia tag number DL7210B.
    http://patch.com/georgia/canton-ga/s...g-cherokee-man

“At this point we have exhausted all electronic means to tracking him, Sheriff’s Investigator Matt Pettepher said Tuesday afternoon. “We are asking for the public’s help in locating him.”
    http://www.cherokeetribune.com/view/...or-missing-man

https://www.facebook.com/cherokeeshe...type=1&theater

This appears to be his FB

https://www.facebook.com/mike.shockley.18?fref=ts

No age listed so far.

His employer is offering a 10,000 reward for information leading to his safe return.

https://www.facebook.com/regalnissan...72002522840344

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Do they think he was abducted? I mean I find it strange for a reward being offered for "his safe return", yet he was last seen only yesterday from today, May 11th 2015. Does that make any sense??
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Do they think he was abducted? I mean I find it strange for a reward being offered for "his safe return", yet he was last seen only yesterday from today, May 11th 2015. Does that make any sense??
    I'm not sure what they're thinking. From what I've pieced together between these few local articles (this is local/close to me) and FB posts and comments on the FB threads, he left for work and never showed up. If he's worked there many, many years (implied in FB threads), I'm deducing the dealership and his wife found this highly alarming. He was reported missing around 3 yesterday, only 6 hours after he left for work didn't show up.

I think there's a possibility the truck actually belongs to the dealership. Someone asked on the dealership's reward thread if the reward was for the truck or the man, to which they replied 'the man'.

Also, in looking through the Nissan FB thread, it's implied he left his phone at home. That's not verified by LE, though.

If he lives in Bridegmill neighborhood, there is a lake nearby (Allatoona).

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

https://www.facebook.com/MISSINGWARRIORALERT

The poster here says he's a vet, and also states "Do not approach". Hope the latter statement is just standard.
    Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

I wonder if the vehicle he's driving has GPS. This just feels like a volunteer thing to me but of course that's JMO.

Ww
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalyn View Post
    I'm not sure what they're thinking. From what I've pieced together between these few local articles (this is local/close to me) and FB posts and comments on the FB threads, he left for work and never showed up. If he's worked there many, many years (implied in FB threads), I'm deducing the dealership and his wife found this highly alarming. He was reported missing around 3 yesterday, only 6 hours after he left for work didn't show up.

I think there's a possibility the truck actually belongs to the dealership. Someone asked on the dealership's reward thread if the reward was for the truck or the man, to which they replied 'the man'.

Also, in looking through the Nissan FB thread, it's implied he left his phone at home. That's not verified by LE, though.

If he lives in Bridegmill neighborhood, there is a lake nearby (Allatoona).
    I'm guessing it's a company truck.

It is a company truck and there is not a GPS. I live in Bridgemill and some are thinking there is more to the story. I find the "do not approach" comment concerning.

I live about 10 minutes from Cherokee county, GA, and lived in Kennesaw, GA for 3 decades where Mike Shockley is from. My son and daughter went to school with him. My daughter is facebook friends with him. I will try to get some info from them to share.

https://www.facebook.com/cherokeesheriffsoffice?fref=nf posted an hour ago:

The truck driven by the missing Canton man, Michael Shockley, 46 years of age, was located this morning near the Pisgah National Forest in Haywood County North Carolina. Mr. Shockley has still not been located.
    Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

I live a few miles from Bridegemill myself and have been....BOLOing, for lack of a better word. He shares some friends of friends of mine on FB.

Up until now I was 50/50 that he left voluntarily vs. accident/carjacking/foul play.

It's starting to sound voluntary to me. Putting pieces together from LE, and commentary from friends/co-workers on public FB threads (Find Mike Shockley, Regal Nissan) it seems as though he left home on a work day not dressed as he would for work (casual/jeans), and allegedly left his phone. Add to that, I just don't see someone carjacking a car and leaving it unstripped (I'm assuming, though admittedly a guess), and near a national forest for park-goers or park Rangers to find.

I wonder if the keys were found inside.

Prayers sent to his family and friends who are clearly and understandably very worried and love him very much. And if he left because he's in a dark place (mentally, emotionally, financially), I pray he reaches out for help, and lets his loved ones know he's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Dreamer View Post
    This is an isolated, beautiful area, kind of on the "backroads" from where I live in East Tennessee to Atlanta, where we have multiple relatives. I assume he will be found somewhere in the vicinity of this truck.
    One thing that bothered me in one of the linked articles above was the wording that he "had worked" at this business for many years. Was he supposed to be going in Monday to clean out his stuff and turn in the vehicle? Just throwing out random thoughts.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

We are attending his prayer vigil soon and the feeling is that this may not end well. He had beautiful children and a sweet wife. I can't imagine what was so bad that he would leave them behind. I know the wife but we aren't extremely close. However, a good friend is. Everyone is at a loss. So sad.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast