PA - Amtrak train from Washington crashes in Philadelphia, May 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
CNN is covering this live. Looks like a major crash. Helicopter coverage shows scores of first-responders are combing the ground with flashlights.

Wow.....this is so sad....geez.

CE2V-NWW8AAHBfJ.jpg

https://twitter.com/PatrickMurphyPA/status/598299221561896960/photo/1

N. Jerzy Fire Alert ‏@NJerzyFireAlert 4m4 minutes ago
BREAKING PHOTO: Amtrak Train 188 overturns in Philadelphia after slamming into a CSX freight train.

This is bad, a lot of those polls are reported unstable

N. Jerzy Fire Alert ‏@NJerzyFireAlert 4m4 minutes ago
BREAKING PHOTO: Amtrak Train 188 overturns in Philadelphia after slamming into a CSX freight train.

What I find strange about this report is pictures of the Amtrak locomotive ( A GE model P42DC ) shows the locomotive to be intact. If it slammed into the CSX train I would expect extensive damage. What I do see from other pictures is one car that appears to have disintegrated - almost as if there was an explosion (never seen this with simple derailment). According to reports the "business class" coach's "took the brunt". Pure speculation on my part but I wonder if a bomb was put on board this car?

TV reports people saying they saw people flying through air outside train

I can't find anything on a CSX freight train involved so that is unconfirmed!

TV reports people saying they saw people flying through air outside train

This reinforces my suspicions that there was an explosion on board. Also CNN reporting "smoke inhalation" injuries i.e. there was a fire in one of the cars. What caused that? An explosion?

I can't find anything on a CSX freight train involved so that is unconfirmed!

I'm scanning Twitter and I do not see anything official (although it was mentioned on air by Don Lemon based on tweets).

I do not see any evidence of a freight train from the many pictures posted to twitter so I have my doubts that the CSX train was involved. As mention above the Amtrak Locomotive is intact (albeit on its side).

From inside the train after crash:

https://instagram.com/p/2mpeqNgMeW/

I hsvr heard speed of about 60-70 - what numbers have you heard as it relates to speed??

I see buses with Emergency Services sign on scene

This is first number I have located
50 Hurt After Amtrak Train Derails in Philly

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member