774 users online (179 members and 595 guests)  

Websleuths News

Question MO - Mother finds child stolen in 1965

MODS: please move to the appropriate forum if this is not the right place. I wasn't sure if this should be considered a missing-persons case or something else.

This video link discusses an investigation into cases involving now-elderly women in St Louis, Missouri, who say that their babies were "stolen" from them at birth during the 1950's through the 1970's; these women were told that their babies had died and they were not permitted to see or hold them again after that.

The video, from CNN, shares an amazing story of one mother and daughter who found each other after 49 years. The hospital is supposed to forward their records from that era to CNN for further investigation. I look forward to hearing more.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/justice/20...len-babies.cnn
    Justice is sweet and musical; but injustice is harsh and discordant. - Henry David Thoreau

Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

That is sad and amazing at the same time.

This could not have been done without a lot of people at the hospital being actively involved and many others probably being aware of it happening.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    That is sad and amazing at the same time.

This could not have been done without a lot of people at the hospital being actively involved and many others probably being aware of it happening.
    I agree. I noticed in your Fox News article that the daughter's adoption wasn't finalized until she was 20 years old, which they think could mean her parents knew it wasn't a legal situation.
    Justice is sweet and musical; but injustice is harsh and discordant. - Henry David Thoreau