1226 users online (261 members and 965 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

TV Show Pulls Horrible Prank on a Teenage Girl Hoping to Be Reunited With Her Mother

Autumn Allen

It's hard to believe anyone would do this.

A Cambodian television show called*Like It Or Not*(translated from*Penh Chet Ort) had a special Mother's Day episode featuring 13-year-old American singer-songwriter Autumn Allen, who has lived in Cambodia since age 6 with her father.

Autumn has not seen her mother since moving to Cambodia, and the show promised to reunite them on the show, causing her to tear up and admit that would be a "dream come true."

But it was all a prank.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/tv-show-p...231000053.html
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-TV-show.html Why doesn't she know where her mum is, does her mum know where her daughter is ? I hope this results in Autumn being re-united with her mum.

Who in the world would think this was funny? Such a rotten thing to do to a 13 year old. Ugh.

Someone should take a look and verify that the mother did in fact leave on her own and who saw her last.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo87 View Post
    Who in the world would think this was funny? Such a rotten thing to do to a 13 year old. Ugh.
    Totally agree Jojo, also I hope she does eventually find her mum.

FWIW, the whole thing looks fake to me. She just didn't seem that upset about it. And I don't know that much about their culture, but I have a hard time imagining that the producers of the show would be that stupid to actually do something like that.