748 users online (110 members and 638 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Girl, 16 mos, dies in hot car, Lake City, 12 May 2015

I hate hearing about these cases.

The Sheriff's Office was told that the father forgot to take the child to day care Tuesday morning and left his daughter in the car all day. He discovered the girl in the car when he returned home.

The victim has not been named, but her mother is Assistant State Attorney Wendy Kwon, based in the Third Judicial Circuit's Lake City office, and her father is Young Kwon, a public defender.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/parents...ified/32997354

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/ne...ntified/nmFtF/

A friend was telling me who knows of the Dad as a defender, that he is kind of flacky and can believe he is that forgetful. But says the Mom is a very hard nose State Attorney. So sad.

R.I.P. Little Girl

Awwwww. So Heartbreaking. It does baffle me though. Don't parents take precautions, since we have seen this so often. Like put your briefcase in the back next to the carseat? Or something? This is so tragic.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

I think I am fortunate that I almost never drive without my kids.
    It is so rare that I assume they are there when they are not.
    I know that isn't possible for some... but each of these cases makes me grateful it's possible for me.

https://gma.yahoo.com/massachusetts-...parenting.html
    Thankfully this father remembered.I believe that parents do unintentionally forget their children in the car.

I will never understand how somebody can leave a baby in a car, fail to stop at the daycare, fail to see or remember the baby upon exiting the car, fail to remember the baby all day long, fail to see or remember the baby upon entering the car to drive home, maybe fail to see or remember the baby while going to lunch and coming back, fail to stop at the daycare on the way home but remember and discover the baby once they're at home. Nope, never.

It seems to me that we hear about fathers forgetting their child more so rather than mothers. This is just so tragic.

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    Very sad. Yesterday I saw the MA one in the news and realize this is the time of year of these accidents to happen. I can't help but wonder how many kids are left in the cars in the winter time....

Quote Originally Posted by Knitty View Post
    I will never understand how somebody can leave a baby in a car, fail to stop at the daycare, fail to see or remember the baby upon exiting the car, fail to remember the baby all day long, fail to see or remember the baby upon entering the car to drive home, maybe fail to see or remember the baby while going to lunch and coming back, fail to stop at the daycare on the way home but remember and discover the baby once they're at home. Nope, never.
    I cannot imagine what these parents are going though. It is easier than you think when you work outside of the home and are rushing around trying to take care of everything before your work day starts. I work outside of the home and once drove right past my turn to my mom's house (who cared for my son). Thankfully, I realized what I did and immediately turned around. Otherwise, who knows if I would have just driven to work and went about my day. After that I started putting my purse in the back seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Native View Post
    I cannot imagine what these parents are going though. It is easier than you think when you work outside of the home and are rushing around trying to take care of everything before your work day starts. I work outside of the home and once drove right past my turn to my mom's house (who cared for my son). Thankfully, I realized what I did and immediately turned around. Otherwise, who knows if I would have just driven to work and went about my day. After that I started putting my purse in the back seat.
    My little granddaughter is only 5 days old. I was visiting them last night and told my son about his little girl that died in the car seat. I just tried to plant a seed. But your wallet in the back seat, for example, when you put little Princess in the car seat.Something like that needs to be done to prevent such utter devastation.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

How can you take good care of a completely dependent infant when both parents put 90% of their energy into their work day? I don't get it. JMO.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by keeponsearching View Post
    Very sad. Yesterday I saw the MA one in the news and realize this is the time of year of these accidents to happen. I can't help but wonder how many kids are left in the cars in the winter time....
    How long would it take a child to die in a cold car v. hot car?

I posted this article over in the thread about the guy who was arrested this week for breaking the window of a hot car to free a distressed dog:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weathe...-in-cars/19368

Also, check out Cooper Harris's thread, lots of research done on hot car deaths was posted there. Here's a link to the thread specific to hot car death research: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...Hot-Car-Deaths WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT

Short answer is that on a sunny day a car interior will heat up to as much as 40 degrees warmer than the exterior temperature.

ETA some of the articles in Cooper's thread related to hot car death research have very graphic and disturbing descriptions of how babies, toddlers and pets suffer as they die in a hot car. I've added a warning with the link.
    Last edited by La Louve; 05-14-2015 at 09:41 PM.

The Whitney Heichel Memorial Garden
    Bringing "beauty and light into a place where
    there once was so much darkness"
    (Sasquatch, Websleuths member).

"In joy or sadness flowers are our constant friends.”
    ― Kakuzō Okakura, The Book Of Tea

FL - Girl, 16 mos, dies in hot car, Lake City, 12 May 2015

Lake City, Florida (CNN)A 16-month-old girl died after her father forgot to take her to day care and left her in a vehicle in the northern Florida sun, according to the Columbia County Sheriff's Office, citing what family members told authorities.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/14/us/flo...215aVODtopLink
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.

I stand with Standing Rock!

We spoke, prayers were answered!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/army-grant-...ry?id=43969890

Very sad.

A man in MA also left his child, a one-year-old, in the car before boarding an MBTA train Wednesday A.M. When he realized what he had done, he called 911. That one had a happy ending, fortunately.

This seems to be happening more and more frequently, and I'm sure there are other incidents we don't hear about because the situation is resolved safely as in the MA case. The father in that case said he routinely drops off 2 children in the A.M. and has a safeguard in place but failed to use it that morning. http://www.wcvb.com/news/dad-forgets...train/32996878

Why are parents forgetting their children in the vehicles so often these days? Is life growing more hectic, with more things to remember? It seems that, as the top priority of a parent, a child would be foremost in the parent's mind. I have wondered in past incidences whether the lapse in memory and disorganization of thought is a result of cortisone secretion in response to stress.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Native View Post
    cause you'd never forget your purse?
    “You may choose to look the other way but you can never say again that you did not know.”

― William Wilberforce

"Be sure and make a good job of it!"

-Harry Harbord Morant

"All we ask is to be let alone."

-Jefferson Davis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast