1106 users online (225 members and 881 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maisiebelle View Post
    Didn't he work at summer camps for kids with mental issues? Or did I just make that up?

Well, sort of. LOL!! He did work at a summer camp. And some of those kids had mental issues. But the camp wasn't specifically for those with mental issues. Camp Max Straus serves a primarily non-Jewish population of low-income and disadvantaged youths through Jewish Big Brothers/Big Sisters from article http://www.jewishjournal.com/nation/...olmes_20120722

Just for those who haven't read this, here are the paragraphs where this is discussed - and it was these paragraphs that really solidified for me that he could be faking all of this, and has since the very beginning. This application is from October, 2010.

Other times I felt that I could be doing more. On average, two of the kids per cabin were clinically diagnosed with ADHD. One of the weeks, I mentored a kid with Schizophrenia. At 3:30 am he woke up and vacuumed the ceiling of our cabin. These kids were heavily medicated but this did not solver their problems, only create new ones. The medication changed them from highly energetic creative kids to lax beings who slept through the activities. I wanted to help them but couldn't. This is where neuroscience research becomes invaluable.

With a neuroscience doctorate there is even more to accomplish. Those most in need of an education including children and people with cognitive disabilities, can benefit from the results of research into the workings of learning, memory and brain-behavior relations. Indeed all aspects of society have the potential to gain from advancements in our understanding of learning and memory because we are all connected. We all share one brain, the human brain.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/liv...edacted%29.pdf

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 3 minutes ago

Here's one of the images of other damage documented inside Theater 9.

CE-lWlaVAAAVXUo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by corundogs View Post
    Well, sort of. LOL!! He did work at a summer camp. And some of those kids had mental issues. But the camp wasn't specifically for those with mental issues. Camp Max Straus serves a primarily non-Jewish population of low-income and disadvantaged youths through Jewish Big Brothers/Big Sisters from article http://www.jewishjournal.com/nation/...olmes_20120722

Just for those who haven't read this, here are the paragraphs where this is discussed - and it was these paragraphs that really solidified for me that he could be faking all of this, and has since the very beginning. This application is from October, 2010.

Other times I felt that I could be doing more. On average, two of the kids per cabin were clinically diagnosed with ADHD. One of the weeks, I mentored a kid with Schizophrenia. At 3:30 am he woke up and vacuumed the ceiling of our cabin. These kids were heavily medicated but this did not solver their problems, only create new ones. The medication changed them from highly energetic creative kids to lax beings who slept through the activities. I wanted to help them but couldn't. This is where neuroscience research becomes invaluable.

With a neuroscience doctorate there is even more to accomplish. Those most in need of an education including children and people with cognitive disabilities, can benefit from the results of research into the workings of learning, memory and brain-behavior relations. Indeed all aspects of society have the potential to gain from advancements in our understanding of learning and memory because we are all connected. We all share one brain, the human brain.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/liv...edacted%29.pdf
    I wonder if he 'learned' his behaviours from the children he worked with at that camp.

Something I was thinking about again...brought up with that article posted and discussed about how the plea of insanity in Colorado works.

OK, let's play hypothetical here.

The Defense and JH win. He is ruled legally insane. He will be sentanced to a Psychiatric facility for the rest of his life. There is no one on God's Green Earth that would be OK with him getting out to live amongst the general population, no matter how well his meds work. (Let's say that is true too, though I am not entirely sure it is! But let's go with that!)

IMO, if I were the defendant/patient, I would rather be in prison than spend my life in a Psychiatric hospital!!! At least in prison, there is sort of a semblance of normalcy. They have rules and regulations, and are allowed small conveniences and luxuries.

In a psychiatric hospital, you are literally surrounded by "crazy" - every second of everyday! And I mean no disrespect, those people are as sick as someone with cancer. IMO, it would be harder to visit a psychiatric hospital than a prison. Not talking about my safety, but what I might see/hear/feel.

So while most of us want him to be found guilty...and may or may not want him to die by Death Penalty...IMO, I don't see a "win" to be in his favor.

I hope no one takes any offense to what I wrote here. I mean no disrespect to anyone!
    I did some reading up on this..and it varies from State to State. If defendant claims "Temporary Insanity" it's more likely that he/she could very well get released..but if deemed "Insane" there's a lesser chance. Hinkley for example of that.

After each case decided that way..It always become a huge debate and question.."Why not have "Guilty but Insane" verdict"..which would mean, they get mental healthcare and when deemed sane they go to prison and serve out his sentence..But it never goes anyway it seems.

Here's a link which breaks down how "Insanity" gets judged by the Courts..

https://www.law.cornell.edu/backgrou.../insanity.html

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 2 minutes ago

Staircase in Theater 9 where more bullet impacts were documented. #theatershooting

CE-nePVUgAAAnD4.jpg

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 37 seconds ago

Attorneys are doing a better job standing up today when addressing the court. Judge scolded them yesterday. #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 10m10 minutes ago
    FYI, these are all the weekdays the #theatershooting court is taking off: May 1, 15, 22, 25; June 12; July 3, 17, 31; Aug 14, 20, 21; Sept 7

Here's the schedule into Sept. so you can mark your calendar

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/liv...esIll_App2.pdf

Here is another of JH's applications for a Ph.D program. This one from University of Illinois, which did offer him a position but he declined for the Colorado program we have all learned so much about.

It includes some of his test scores on the GRE.
    Verbal 710 98%
    Quantitative 800 94%
    Analytical Writing 4.0 45%

I found that interesting, after what we have heard from so many of his Professors, especially the Analytical Writing part!

It has another of his personal statements, and the subject matter seems a bit different than the one to University of Iowa.

There is also 3 Letters of Recommendation, which I haven't seen before.

Looks to me like JH is zoning out today....

JH1405.png

Wow... when you see how narrow the corridor is leading out of the cinema you can get an understanding how people were afraid to try and run out...

CE-pQjPVEAM35uX.jpg

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/liv...esIll_App2.pdf

Here is another of JH's applications for a Ph.D program. This one from University of Illinois, which did offer him a position but he declined for the Colorado program we have all learned so much about.

It includes some of his test scores on the GRE.
    Verbal 710 98%
    Quantitative 800 94%
    Analytical Writing 4.0 45%

I found that interesting, after what we have heard from so many of his Professors, especially the Analytical Writing part!

It has another of his personal statements, and the subject matter seems a bit different than the one to University of Iowa.

There is also 3 Letters of Recommendation, which I haven't seen before.
    What is analytical writing? I didn't go further than highschool lol!

What is analytical writing? I didn't go further than highschool lol!
    Here ya go>>

https://www.ets.org/gre/revised_gene...tical_writing/
    snip~
    The Issue task presents an opinion on an issue of general interest followed by specific instructions on how to respond to that issue. You are required to evaluate the issue, consider its complexities and develop an argument with reasons and examples to support your views.

I have eaten a lot of sugary snacks in my time. In fact I ended up putting a lot of weight on and got Diabetes! I never attacked anyone though! Did that defence work?
    No! I would go on to give more details about that situation, but it is O/T and it would get deleted. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by LyndyLoo View Post
    Here ya go>>

https://www.ets.org/gre/revised_gene...tical_writing/
    snip~
    The Issue task presents an opinion on an issue of general interest followed by specific instructions on how to respond to that issue. You are required to evaluate the issue, consider its complexities and develop an argument with reasons and examples to support your views.

Which is what we heard from his Professors, that he didn't do well at that part of his research or whatever. Guess those tests are used for a reason!

Which is what we heard from his Professors, that he didn't do well at that part of his research or whatever. Guess those tests are used for a reason!
    LOL..Yep..JH just can't think "Outside of that box" ..

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast