GUILTY TN - Lee Ann Mangrum, abducted & murdered, Dickson County, 8 Sept 2002

Goody

Reaction score
Tennessee teen helps his stepmother beat his mother to death and then dispose of the mother's body. Heard this on the news tonight. They didn't give any names so I can't look it up, but can you believe this? What on earth did Mom do to tick everyone off so much?

I've run that every way I know how, and can't find it. It may not be on the websites as yet.

The 14-year-old daughter of murder victim Lee Ann Mangrum is expected to take the witness stand today.

The teen was 12 when she and her brother, Terry Mangrum II, 17, allegedly helped their stepmother Kimberly Mangrum kidnap and kill the 34-year old teacher’s aide.

Kimberly Mangrum, 41, faces life without parole if convicted of first-degree murder in the September 2002 slaying of Terry Mangrum Sr.’s former wife.

The Mangrum men are both scheduled to stand trial in October for their part in Lee Ann Mangrum’s death. They are free on bond pending their trials.
http://www.dicksonherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050824/MTCN0201/308240067/1297/MTCN02

Sounds like the typical, all-American family...:rolleyes: Seriously, it is hard to fathom people being like this. There would be no way in hell that anyone could get me to kill my own mother.

nanandjim said:
Sounds like the typical, all-American family...:rolleyes: Seriously, it is hard to fathom people being like this. There would be no way in hell that anyone could get me to kill my own mother.

Yes, but these kids weren't raised in a normal, all- American family. It sounds like they have been threatened and terrorized by the stepmother for a good while. That is a lot of pressure to put a couple of young kids under.

mysteriew said:
Yes, but these kids weren't raised in a normal, all- American family. It sounds like they have been threatened and terrorized by the stepmother for a good while. That is a lot of pressure to put a couple of young kids under.

I agree. But it is such a large step to murder. That is the part that makes it hard for me to wrap my mind around.

From September 2012:

http://www.app.com/article/DN/20120928/DICKSON01/309280164

The Mangrum men pleaded guilty to charges involving Lee Ann's death: Mangrum Sr. to accessory to murder after the fact; and Mangrum II to especially aggravated burglary and facilitation to commit second-degree murder...

A jury found Kimberly Mangrum guilty in August 2005 in Dickson County Circuit Court for felony murder, attempted first-degree premeditated murder, aggravated burglary and especially aggravated kidnapping. She is eligible for parole in 2061.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back