Mexico Mexico - Everaldo Salazar, 16, Reynosa/McAllen, 24 April 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Honestly, I wasn't sure how to post this, but the story needs to be told...I'm sure there are some very strong reactions to the nature of this missing person's case.

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Yesenia Salazar says she used all her savings and borrowed from friends and relatives to put together the $15,700 she needed to smuggle her three children in from Mexico.

The two younger children, 8-year-old Clara and 10-year-old Natanael made it to Columbus but 16-year-old Everaldo did not.

"Yes, I regret it because my oldest son didn't make it," Salazar told NBC 4 through a translator.

Salazar says she paid the money to Eloisa Perez, a small business owner on the west side of Columbus. But Perez told NBC 4 her only involvement was transporting the children from Texas to Ohio, a service for which she was paid $1,700. Perez says she had nothing to do with the children crossing the border. "I don't know how they did it but I just met the guy who bring me the kids and told me the other kid - he didn't want to come," Perez said.

But Salazar does not believe Everaldo willingly stayed behind. “I didn't believe it because he wanted to come,” Salazar said.

Salazar says her children crossed from Reynosa, Mexico to McAllen, Texas in mid-April.
http://www.nbc4i.com/story/29077363/16-year-old-goes-missing-during-border-crossing

Thank you for posting. I agree the story needs to be told, the child is only 16 and did not personally make the choice the cross the border. I am confused as to why there aren't more details of the circumstances provided by the other two children- ie. Did the son leave [wherever they were immediately prior to crossing border] with them? At what point were they separated? They had his belongings ..... did they get told he would meet up with them later?

I agree, there's almost nothing being said here. The other children are well old enough to tell what happened to their brother - and where they last saw him.

There is, of course, the chance that he didn't want to come. He could have a girlfriend and just decided against it.

There are so many people who die trying to get into the US. We were on the border last week, and the Rio Grande is so low that you can literally walk across it without getting your shorts wet. The problem is the land is REALLY unforgiving once you cross into the US - it's baking hot, with long long stretches of no water.

I think his name, age and (possible) location needs to be put out there just like all other kids who are missing. >>Everaldo Salazar?
He may have decided to stay behind for friends/ family/ a girlfriend, but his mom is doing the right thing, I hope she is protected, outing herself and the smuggler!
That Eloisa Perez needs to be arrested and questioned not just about this boy but many other missing mexican kids >imo. And who's the guy she claims she just met?
Either her smuggling partner or her husband. "just met this guy"... yeah right.

This mommy is brave and thinking of her child first but looking at unidentifieds in Texas, Arixona, New Mexico and the rest of the US she's rare.
How horrible not knowing if your child is ok and not being able to find out.
If they try to find out they might ruin their (kids) lives, if they don't they will be forever left wondering.

Hope he's found soon!

I completely agree with you about Eloisa Perez. If she took the full 15K and made all the arrangements, and not just the US transport of 1700 to transport them from one state to another at the request of their mother, she should be into this for a felony. Human trafficking.

Hopefully not too o/t but the author Robert Crais wrote about the coyotes and their utter lack of respect for human life in his book "Taken". He is from LA and has many contacts - over a very long career as a TV crime series writer and author of fiction - and I have to say, "Taken" shocked me. Similar to the way a couple of episodes of "The Shield" did.

This disgusting trafficking has nothing to do with the law, or our opinion of the law, but IMO everything to do with our concern for those poor people tricked into paying ruthless criminals to bring them to the US and being trafficked.

Ms Salazar needs answers for her son. He needs to be found. Let the system work out the details later.

JMO. IMO.

Hopefully not too o/t but the author Robert Crais wrote about the coyotes and their utter lack of respect for human life in his book "Taken". He is from LA and has many contacts - over a very long career as a TV crime series writer and author of fiction - and I have to say, "Taken" shocked me. Similar to the way a couple of episodes of "The Shield" did.

This disgusting trafficking has nothing to do with the law, or our opinion of the law, but IMO everything to do with our concern for those poor people tricked into paying ruthless criminals to bring them to the US and being trafficked.

Ms Salazar needs answers for her son. He needs to be found. Let the system work out the details later.

JMO. IMO.

What "system"? There is no system.

We have a large group of undocumented Mexican children of all ages being housed temporarily at a church right near our house. The kids were brought here by coyotes and then left. They have no family here and don't speak English. Any who have a relative somewhere in the US are trying to be connected to that relative. The rest are being moved into foster homes as homes become available. A friend of mine is the teacher of these children and she teaches them all subjects and helps them learn English. She speaks perfect Spanish and English both. Lutheran Social Services is collecting clothes, personal items, school supplies, and toys for these children and has asked our church to help. So, our church set up a big plastic tote at church for us to put our donated items in. I hope this woman's son is alive and that they will be reunited. Many of the children who came to our area came with nothing but the clothes on their backs. I don't know if they even brought any identification. I was surprised that coyotes would bring/send Mexican children as far from the border as Michigan.

We have a large group of undocumented Mexican children of all ages being housed temporarily at a church right near our house. The kids were brought here by coyotes and then left. They have no family here and don't speak English. Any who have a relative somewhere in the US are trying to be connected to that relative. The rest are being moved into foster homes as homes become available. A friend of mine is the teacher of these children and she teaches them all subjects and helps them learn English. She speaks perfect Spanish and English both. Lutheran Social Services is collecting clothes, personal items, school supplies, and toys for these children and has asked our church to help. So, our church set up a big plastic tote at church for us to put our donated items in. I hope this woman's son is alive and that they will be reunited. Many of the children who came to our area came with nothing but the clothes on their backs. I don't know if they even brought any identification. I was surprised that coyotes would bring/send Mexican children as far from the border as Michigan.

The "coyotes" are REAL. It happens all the time. It's as common as waking up each morning here in NM or AZ or Tx or CA ... you know the border states that live with this every single day.

The "elephant in the room" is how did Ms. Salazar get here (the US) without her children? Why did she leave them behind?

A woman who used to attend our church a few years ago came here illegally without her children. She left her children with their grandparents in Mexico. She hitchhiked from Michigan to the Mexican border and went to visit her children. When she came back to Michigan, she said she had spent 5 hours outrunning police down and across the Rio Grande River (it was shallow) and then had to cross desert to hitch a ride to where she could hitchhike back to Michigan. She said she was never going back to visit again because it was too hard to get back into the US. She was lucky she didn't get killed along the way. She worked and earned money here (under the table) and sent money back to Mexico for her kids. We belong to a church that is Hispanic (now multicultural) and our church services were in Spanish so we attracted a lot of undocumented immigrants at our church. They came from Mexico, Honduras, and Columbia. One man was here working for 6 years and sending money to his family in Columbia before he was caught and deported. I know a woman who has been here illegally for over 15 years and several of her children were born here. In spite of being here illegally, she is a wonderful person and has raised some great and very productive kids. Her oldest girl graduated from college in the US and holds an executive position. The girl was brought here illegally so I am not sure how she managed to attain legal status. I know her mother always lives in fear of being found out and deported. Another woman I know came on a work visa from Argentina and overstayed her allowed time. Due to turmoil in Argentina at the time, our church raised money and jumped through hoops of all kinds to get her son legally out of Argentina and into the US. The lady was always on the move and couldn't earn enough money to support her son, so she allowed a family from Argentina that were now US citizens to adopt him. I knew them well because besides going to our church, the woman and son shared a house with my daughter and her kids for over a year. The son, at 9 years old, spoke perfect English but his mom still doesn't speak much English. It doesn't seem to be extremely difficult for adults to get into the US from Mexico but it's hard for them to bring children with them, and dangerous too. Most have relatives in their native country that they can leave their children with. And most hope at some point to bring their children to the US to live with them.

Slightly o/t, for everyone interested in this case I highly recommend the documentary on netflix called "Who is Dayani Cristal":

"The attempt to identify human remains found in Arizona's Sonora Desert underscores the plight of illegal immigrants attempting to enter the United States."

There is a special mp unit, iirc---a must see, very informative.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back