GUILTY MN - Barway Collins, 10, Crystal, 18 March 2015 #2

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Barway Edwin Collins
635623603260230359-Missing-boy.jpg

Police looking for missing 10-year-old Crystal boy
Authorities are searching for 10-year-old boy from Crystal who has been missing since after school on Wednesday.

Barway Edwin Collins was last seen near his apartment building in the 5400 block of Douglas Drive North after classes Wednesday, according to the Crystal Police Department.

Deputy Chief Mike Meehan said the department is working to find the boy, but has little to go on.
http://www.startribune.com/local/296888061.html

Thread #1

In an article about the funeral, it stated that bio-mom's brother spoke during the services as a representative of that side of the family. I don't know for sure, but I think he lives in the area. Perhaps he is helping Louise, along with other supporters.
(Link: http://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/05/02/barway-collins-funeral
"His mother's brother, xxxxx, noted his family's pain, and the tension among Barway's extended family.")

I cringe reading about the arguments about money. I wish people would remember that the alleged motive behind the murder was money...and NOT arguing about money would be very healing. That's what I wish for everyone involved.

As for Pastor Smith, I get what he's saying. Standing with someone at their very worst moment is something I would expect a pastor to do. That does not mean that I think PC doesn't deserve the highest punishment that the law allows, please note.

Trino, A group set up a bank account here for her and it paid for her airfare/visa and is paying for her expenses while she's here. Presently they're trying to help her stay here longer, because presumably she, Louise, is open to that, presumably to show up at court in the future as this unfolds (she does have a young child back home - 4 y old boy, I believe, so I am guessing she has loving family taking care of that little one). If you watch video, you will see there is a fake cop from a North Minneapolis private '.org' who stood right next to her at the court date the other day (walking her, and her support group, to and from her vehicle) - the reason for this is news reporters and cameras and cell phone video 'in her face'. Where she is staying is NOT public info'. An early pic' shows her in some sort of hotel, prob' one of those with weekly/monthly rates. For all I know she could well have bonded with some of the people financially supporting her here and is staying with someone who has some comfortable space for her.

I know there is a benefit to try to raise ~ $30-35K to build her a 3-4 bedroom home back in Liberia - her son wanted that for her, apparently.

I also saw a poster for a benefit for her just yesterday, but am NOT sure if it's re. that same benefit/fundraiser event, or even another.

The benefit I read in some detail about, well I think it is this weekend, and is at a church and has some Christian small singing groups and a few speakers - $10/ticket, and I am sure they'll be passing baskets for more money at the event itself.

I will say this without reservation: From the pics', audio, video I have seen of Louise (she is age 24 presently, I believe), she seems like an absolutely dear, precious, lovely young woman who loved Little Edwin (Barway) with her whole heart, and she has her Christian faith through all of this horror. Remember, Louise was just a 13 y old refugee in a Liberian refugee camp when it is reported PC was her 'french teacher' (much, much older, at least 24 - some speculate PC's lied about his age and is actually now in his 40's....---TC_MN has seen PC in court and says he looks like he's in his 40's, not the '32' he states himself to be...)) -- at age 13/14, Louise has stated in MSM that PC repeatedly forceably raped her, over and over, secretly in the classroom (!!!! omg...) and that was how Little Edwin was conceived. Louise has stated in MSM that when Little Edwin was born, PC told her she 'wasn't his type' and discarded her.

As to 'who is supporting Louise', be aware that there is some very ugly in-fighting that has happened, some of it very public, on MSM news video. Local groups (I am in the general area) has splintered and fractured, name calling, cut-offs..... Just last week, I find the MSM news video (I BELIEVE it was the fox9 -- can someone please re-post that link ???) just shocking: The Liberians supposedly providing financial support to PC (jail spending money...), to PC's present wife (who has 2 little boys with her - no job, on welfare...), and, SOME of those (just a subset) at that press conference support Louise with $$, well there were very ugly and very public, on camera all out fights !! that took place. EG, quote, "Shut Up" - - "NO YOU SHUT UP". Also, 'the Pastor' blew up (review this thread for detail) at the press conference and yelled out that only he and one other Liberian man at the press conference were to be trusted and everyone else there lacked integrity (I am paraphrasing - I do not recall his exact word choice). A few of the other Liberian men were trying gently to hold 'the Pastor' back.

I myself find all the ugliness surrounding these people who got involved in the aftermath of Little Edwin's (Barway's) horrible murder collecting money, particularly the 'cold cash', to be such a very sad and pathetic selfishness that distracts from the horror of the murder.

Also, I will note this: I myself am clueless about funeral costs, but there is some uproar that the funeral home ripped everyone off, too - I believe their total charge was ~$13,200 - and that funeral home actually went on MSM video (calling a press conference? calling in reporters?? OMG.......) and stating on news camera video how much they got shorted - - of course, they did get 'all' the money they wanted and IMO them holding a public press conference was a way to turn screws to get paid. Locals are saying that funeral home jacked up prices to squeak every penny they could, due to this little boy's murder being such a well known horrible local event..

RBBM
I believe this is the video you're looking for

Search warrant released in Barway Collins death investigation - KMSP-TV
Embedded video:
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/clip/11418540/search-warrant-released-in-barway-investigation

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...eleased-in-barway-collins-death-investigation

I wasn't able to get it to play completely on my iPhone, so my apologies if I'm wrong. The google search mentioned the, "No you shut up" in the query :eek:

HTH.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx Inthedetails: WOW !!! So, that funeral cost $19,140 !!! Is that normal---sure seems like a stunning amount of money, and NOT at all reasonable... ?? I am blown away by such a charge for a funeral !! I reside in the Minneapolis area, and so you know, the location of that particular funeral home is in a very poor part of town - high crime, NOT a nice area whatsoever.

Oh, I wish I knew what present-wife is thinking !! I also wonder if present-wife has cut herself off from 'the Pastor'.

Remember: The prosecution has let us know that they expect to ask a Grand Jury to charge PC with Murder One: That Grand Jury meeting will all happen in secrecy, and we'll only be told if they indict PC for Murder One (which I suspect WILL happen).

Also, I noticed the little free local newspaper had a letter from 'the Pastor' - date May 12. I could make a Whole Lot of Comments about what he had to say, but will hold my tongue. A few comments, tho': 1.) I just CANNOT believe that a funeral home would order the father of a murdered little child (meaning PC - - 'the Pastor' has power of attorney in the funeral for PC) NOT to wait for the mother of the murdered child to hold the funeral ! This does NOT pass any smell test !, and 2.) What the heck is 'the Pastor' talking about when he says 'the family this/that'??? 'People think the family is guilty...', 'The family decides...' - - IMO, PC, the 'father' is being held for Murder Two of this innocent little child right now, and Murder One charge is likely imminent. That leaves: LITTLE EDWIN'S/BARWAY'S MOTHER, LOUISE !!! $%^&@ IMO, and 3.) If 'the Pastor' receives no money to be a 365 day/5 year/no days off 'pastor', how the heck then is he getting money for his rent, for his $3,000 'ordination ring' present-to-himself, for his Cadillac??? and 4.) Does it ring true that anyone has worked 365 days X 5 years with utterly no single day off???? See:
COLUMN: I did not come to the Collins family because of guilt or innocence
By Sun Post Editor
May 12, 2015 at 2:25 pm
By Pastor Harding Smith

Pastor Harding Smith, speaking on behalf of Barway Collins' family, urged the community at large to withhold judgement in the case and to "let the legal system work its course" at an April 14 press conference outside the family's home in the Cedarwood Apartments. (Sun Post staff photo by Joe Bowen)
Pastor Harding Smith, left, speaking on behalf of Barway Collins’ family, urged the community at large to withhold judgement in the case and to “let the legal system work its course” at an April 14 press conference outside the family’s home in the Cedarwood Apartments.

I feel that I owe my friends and followers a statement.

First of all, let me start by saying it’s never easy when a wonderful child such as Barway is taken away. There are emotions, hurt and confusion as to what has taken place and how to respond to them.

There is no script on how to respond to something of such horrific nature because most in this community have never experienced this before, but I have time and time again because of the work I do.

There were a lot of pastors and community leaders that came to the Collins’ defense, but when the charges came down, they all took a position to protect their image, walking away from this family, standing with everyone else saying, “we do not stand with murderers and this family is guilty.”

Let me make a few points clear: as a true man of God I do not take positions to make me look good. The only good name I want can only come from God. I did not come to this family because of guilt or innocence, but to stand with them and pray with them during times of abandonment and confusion.

I will never walk away from my assignment because it is not popular with the community or that the community will turn against me. The only time I am concerned is when God turns against me for not listening to Him, but to man.

If I had to do this again, nothing would change. I apologize to no one. Should we only expect good things from God? I have been attacked for standing with evil people and not the righteous. I pray for all who spoke of things they do not understand. I walk in an authority that most people do not understand or comprehend.

There are a few facts I would like you to know.

• It was my church member that brought Barway into this country from Liberia in January 2011.

• I begged the funeral home to hold the body for three weeks for the mother to get here, but because the body had been under water for so long, they advised against it.

• I did the paperwork getting the body from the medical examiner’s office to the funeral home and then to the church, and the planning of security for the funeral along with Shiloh Temple in Minneapolis. Thanks to Bishop Richard Howell for giving us his church free of charge.

• When we found out there were not enough funds for the burial, I teamed with serious people that were able to produce $8,000 in 24 Hours.

• Even with having power of attorney, at the end of the day, it’s the family’s decision and not Pastor Harding Smith’s.

For five years as a pastor, I have never taken a day off or a vacation. I work seven days a week. My work has always been voluntary and never as a paid pastor. I was told about attacks and never read about them on Facebook, which was planned by a pastor. I pray for all who attacked me and continued to twist words to get a good laugh. Your attacks mean nothing to me.

God bless. I do not look for praises from men, but God. When this is all over, people’s eyes will be open and they will see and understand that God is there all the time for us sinners and only God will be the judge of the coward that took this innocent life.

Lord, I thank you for my sufferings because these sufferings connect me with you on a higher level.

Pastor Harding Smith has served as the spokesperson for Barway Collins’ family since the boy’s disappearance in mid-March.

Let me translate the good pastor if I may: "I...me...my...mine...blah blah blah me me me". Barf.

I saw this post quoted at the end of the last thread, and wanted to bring it over to Thread #2:

The embedded "No, you shut up" video is viewable at the MyFoxTwinCities link below :eek:

OP MinnesotaMary (Thread #1)
Get this - Group accused of stealing donations (technical terms used are "where did my money go?" and "lack transparency" and not "responsible") for Little Edwin/Barway: Yelling match ensues at meeting for Barway Collins funeral funds
OMGosh - read the article - it goes on to say that the group accuses 'the Pastor' and then says 'the Pastor' "did not take that well".
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...-olm-meeting-for-barway-collins-funeral-funds
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11772227

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's not legal...but wondering what the punishment for killing your own child would be in Liberia?

No child should be murdered, and on that I think we all can agree. To me it's even worse when the child relied on, trusted, and probably even loved the one that kills them. I can't imagine a betrayal of worse caliber. Just heartbreaking. A crime that ALL humans know is WRONG! You just don't kill kids!! :tantrum:

IMO, it would be A GOOD IDEA to blitz this local free 'newspaper' with emails to the editors that 'the Pastor' does NOT speak for the family of Barway Collins !! OMG !! 'The Pastor' has a power of attorney to speak for the father of this murdered child (who is said in MSM to have been murdered by drowning FOLLOWING having been duct-taped, and also have a slam in his head, likely IMO, a whack from a sledgehammer or heavy hammer prior to being thrown alive, duct-taped, into the icy Mississippi River!!) and this father, PC, is behind bars accused of murdering this child - so far, 2nd degree murder charge, with 1st degree Murder indictment pending grand jury decision. We also know via MSM that PC lied on immigration papers and stated his (PC's) own sister was the now-murdered child's 'mother' (he did that so he later could try to bring his sister over from Liberia to the USA...) So, WHO DOES THAT LEAVE AS 'BARWAY COLLINS FAMILY'????? THE CHILD'S MOTHER, LOUISE.

The free 'newspaper' is: http://post.mnsun.com/contact-us/
EMAIL FOR THE EDITOR IS: peggy.bakken@ecm-inc.com

"COLUMN: I did not come to the Collins family because of guilt or innocence
By Sun Post Editor
May 12, 2015 at 2:25 pm
By Pastor Harding Smith

I feel that I owe my friends and followers a statement. .....

Pastor Harding Smith has served as the spokesperson for Barway Collins’ family since the boy’s disappearance in mid-March."

Little Edwin's (Barway's) mom, Louise, did a tv interview yesterday for ch. 11. Will someone please post a link once it's published to the web? tyia !! My understanding is that Louise is presently about age 26-27, and she now has a 14 month old son that loved ones are caring for at home in Liberia while she is here (my understanding is that Liberians tend to have very close, loving family and social relationships). I read, tho', that Louise's family has told her her baby has lost weight while she's been gone.

LOUISE (Little Edwin's - Barway's) ON CH. 11: http://www.kare11.com/story/news/2015/05/17/barway-collins-mother-requests-extension-in-us/27478149/

The video says Louise is now 28. Louise seems like a lovely person, wonderful loving mom. The only part hard to take on the video imo is the female reporter's wig - wow imo, looks like a really thick mop set on top of her head... try not to be distracted by that (why in the world do those reporters do such things??).

Thanks for posting. Louise does indeed seem like a lovely person.

Barway Collins Tragic Death at the Hands of His Dad and the Culture of Dishonesty

http://theliberiandialogue.org/2015...nds-of-his-dad-and-the-culture-of-dishonesty/

"The story is all too unfamiliar because Liberians are not normally involved in the killing of their children for insurance money in the United States.

If this cruel act had occurred in Liberia, it wouldn’t have surprised me at all, because killing and cutting human beings into pieces for their human parts is like a fad that takes place all the time for job promotions, and other wicked and silly imaginary reasons."

Barway Collins Tragic Death at the Hands of His Dad and the Culture of Dishonesty

http://theliberiandialogue.org/2015...nds-of-his-dad-and-the-culture-of-dishonesty/

"The story is all too unfamiliar because Liberians are not normally involved in the killing of their children for insurance money in the United States.

If this cruel act had occurred in Liberia, it wouldn’t have surprised me at all, because killing and cutting human beings into pieces for their human parts is like a fad that takes place all the time for job promotions, and other wicked and silly imaginary reasons."
Wow, that's sad

Is anyone surprised by this? Nah, didn't think so.

BBM

"Pierre Barlee Collins, the father jailed and charged this week in the March 18 disappearance and murder of his 10-year-old son, also is under investigation in a Brooklyn Center apartment complex fire late last year in which he filed an insurance claim to recoup losses."

http://www.twincities.com/localnews...ollins-charged-sons-death-is-probed-insurance

Is anyone surprised by this? Nah, didn't think so.

BBM

"Pierre Barlee Collins, the father jailed and charged this week in the March 18 disappearance and murder of his 10-year-old son, also is under investigation in a Brooklyn Center apartment complex fire late last year in which he filed an insurance claim to recoup losses."

http://www.twincities.com/localnews...ollins-charged-sons-death-is-probed-insurance
I knew he was being investigated - I also recall when it happened. Someone I am familiar with is on the FD in the area and it had been suspicious to a few people.

"According to court records, Collins has been the subject of several liens and judgments filed against him in recent years. One involved a claim he filed last year for at least $27,000 in medical expenses and lost wages after a car accident." http://www.twincities.com/localnews/...obed-insurance

Thanks so much for posting that article again - I think so much was unfolding back then (a month ago), that I glossed over all of that... OMGoodness: $27,000 in lost wages???????????? gimmee a break !! He was willfully unemployed ! It's feeling like PC got all obsessive about making his 'easy money' off insurance claims - - this trial will probably be quite interesting. Two days prior to the murder, PC tried to increase the $30,000 life insurance policy he had on Little Edwin/Barway up to $50,000, and he was told he couldn't do that, so what he did do was buy a SECOND life insurance policy on Little Edwin/Barway for $20,000. Incredible: You do that and two days later murder the innocent little boy. What selfishness !
-
Anyone know if Louise is still here or not??? I can easily imagine how she would wish she could stay here & live here in the USA, but I'd think she'd want to get reunited with her 14 mo. old baby boy .....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back