Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/special_packages/btk/12408190.htm

4 A. Well, the -- part of the items in the box included
5 this doll that was wrapped in bondage-type wrappings
6 with rope. It also depicts a gag in the mouth. And
7 then a rope around the neck attached to the PVC pipe
8 that would a symbol of hanging someone.
9 Q. Now, these bindings on this Barbie doll type doll, are
10 they similar or identical to the bindings that Josie
11 Otero had on her when she was discovered?
12 A. They're very similar to the same bindings that we
13 found on Josie's body at the time.
14 Q. And what I mean by that, is that they're in the
15 identical locations, that's how she was bound?
16 A. Yes, that's correct.
17 Q. On the wrists, around the knees, around the waist,
18 around the ankles?
19 A. Yes.
20 Q. And gagged and hanging by a rope?
21 A. Yes.
22 Q. To a sewer pipe?
23 A. Correct.
24 Q. Now, Rader actually took this little doll here, took
25 clothes off, and actually took the time to draw in

JANESE M. PALMER, CSR, RPR
OFFICIAL COURT REPORTER

1 pubic hair; is that correct?
2 A. Yes.
3 Q. And he told you he drew that in?
4 A. Yes.
5 Q. And he also drew maybe some eyelashes, spent some time
6 of getting this ready so it would appear to be just
7 like Josie was?
8 A. Yes, he personalized the item.
9 Q. Now, this also found by the task force in the files in
10 his office there in Park City in the compliance
11 officer -- office that he had.
12 A. Yes.
13 Q. And this here is what?
14 A. This is notes about the occurrences that occurred
15 during his murder of the Otero family.
16 Q. And, again, he took these notes and then prepared the
17 story that he wanted to tell about killing the Otero
18 family?
19 A. That's correct.
20 Q. Now, again, also in his notes there -- in his various
21 writings, because he had a lot of writings, did he
22 not?
23 A. Yes.
24 Q. And in there he had what was the determined an AFLV.
25 He liked little acronyms, didn't he?

JANESE M. PALMER, CSR, RPR
OFFICIAL COURT REPORTER

1 A. Yes, he did.
2 Q. He liked to shorten things up?
3 A. That's correct.
4 Q. Like he used -- what was SBT, if you can recall?
5 A. Sparky Big Time. Sparky, being an erection.
6 Q. Now, after this -- it's AFLV, it said Afterlife
7 Concept of Victim. What was this all about in his
8 writings?

In light of the BTK killer, maybe SBTC stands for:
Strangle Bind Torture Club (as in hit in the head)

I haven't read much about Rader, but where was he in '96?

Yep, where was he? Are there really others of the same mind?

6 Q. Now, did you specifically ask Rader why he took Josie
7 to the basement?
8 A. We asked -- during the course of his explanation of
9 this particular crime scene -- why he chose the
10 basement.
11 Q. And there is a quote behind you from Rader about his
12 fascination with bondage in a basement; is that
13 correct?

I'm sure someone will blow in here and throw this line of thinking out the window, but for now, I can see many similarities.

Interesting how Rader explains about the difficulty in strangling someone to death--how that person appears dead and then "comes back". Makes me wonder if JB were strangled, "came back", frustrated perp so much that he hit her to kill her. That would also line up with Dr. Spitz' statement about her still being alive while hit on the head; possibly she was strangled, still alive, and clubbed.

Nehemiah, I'm sure you are right, someone will "blow this off" as a waste of time, however, it reminded me of Archuleta's statement, which I just searched for on google.

It was December 6, 1996, during the Parade of Lights in Boulder.

JonBenet was sitting up high on the back seat of a Christmas-red open BMW convertible with two other pageant contestants, waving to the crowd while the song Jingle Bell Rock was played from the car.

A plastic sign on the side of the convertible identified her by name and revealed that she was a child beauty queen. Family friend Pam Archuleta held JonBenet's ankle to keep her from falling.

As they went past one of the town's leading banks, a strange man walked from the crowd toward the BMW. Archuleta says he looked "creepy" and had "a face full of anger and hatred" that she will never forget. She had the impression that the man had seen JonBenet before and recognized her.

Well-dressed in a tweed jacket and jeans, the man was in his 40's, tall and thin with graying hair. He stared at JonBenet and walked to within two feet of the car.

For Archuleta, the staring man's behavior marred what until then had seemed an innocent Christmas event that could have taken place in any town in America.

(perhaps not tall and thin, but we do know accounts vary when describing perps "even" by the victims of recent crimes)

His letter concerning Otero murders;

I write this letter to you for the sake of the tax payer as well as your
time. Those three dude you have in custody are just talking to get pub-
licity for the Otero murders, They know nothing at all. I did it by
myself and no ones help. There has been no talk either. Lets put it straight........
Joe:
Position: Southwest bedroom, feet tie to the bed. Head pointed in a
southerly direction.
Bondage: Window blind cord.
Garrote: Blind cord, brown belt.
Death: The old bag trick and strangulation with clothes line rope.
Clothed: White sweat shirt, green pants.
Comments: He threw up at one time. Had rib injury from wreck few week
before. Laying on coat.
Julie:
Position: Laying on her back crosswise on the bed pointed in southwest-
ern direction. Face cover with a pillow.
Bondage: Blind cord.
Garrote: Clothes line cord tie in a clove-hitch.

my comment:
Garrote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you read anywhere yet where Rader was in '96?

Good find about the "garrote". Very interesting.

Rader said that he would determine his victim according to his own specifications and then stalk her in order to discover her habits, etc... Is that behavior indicative of all serial killers? I would think so. But it looks like Rader would have talked by now if he had been responsible for something as sallacious as the JBR murder.

Rader would have talked if he was involved with killing JonBenet. I'm a believer in what Steve Thomas wrote.

Considering what we "know", all of the parallels could reaffirm the belief that Jonbenet's perp indeed had more than a normal interest in serial killers, with btk being only another source he "emulated" to carry out this crime.

Would BTK admit to killing a child? No! He referred to Josephine, age 11, as a young woman, he was unwilling to admit he was ,indeed, a pedophile.
Would he admit to any murders where a death penalty would be in place, no again, he's far too self protective to do that. JMO

He claims he wasn't "strong enough" physically to carry out murders any longer. This could indicate perhaps a shift in victims, the very old or the very young? Kansas needs to look closely at unsolved child murders, however, I will concede that Jonbenet's murder requires a bit of imagination to consider as one of his, I believe ,as well, nothing is impossible. If someone can place a boyscout jamboree, in either Charlevoix or Boulder , a Naval base graduation, or one of the Rader kids attending a school or anything "close" in 1996, it would be interesting.

Also,how would Rader know all the personal information in the ransom note? To know that,he would have had to be around the Ramsey's themselves,or in their home for a period of time.And if he was, I think the Ramsey's would have recognized him from seeing him on tv.

According to Rader, he spent a good deal of time stalking his prey, and had burglarized homes of potential victims to gather info about them and their habits. Again, it would be a stretch, likely the perp that murdered Jonbenet was nothing more than a student of crime ,including btk's. To add to my "list" today, I found his use of southwestern bell telephone company, another possible sbtc, interesting.

If someone told me that Dennis Rader was in Boulder Colorado in December 1996 the I would certainly suspect him in the death of JBR.

After hearing how he stalked victims, hid in their houses waiting for them, enjoyed torture and strangulation of his victims....liked to write little clues and poems. Etc etc.

I could see him writing a long taunting ransom note like that.

Her manner of death is right up his alley, the garrotte, the sexual assault etc

He used the initials BTK and he also once posed as a phone repairman for SBC not a far stretch to get to SBTC from combining the two.

However I think he would have claimed responsibility for it and taunted police about it...and I doubt he was that far from home on Christmas without his family knowing about it...though you never know.

Perhaps they should compare his DNA...just in case....

Though I doubt Rader is connected at all to JBR...I think his case illustrates that a similar type of sicko/monster/intruder could have pulled off her murder and delighted in her parents being suspected and still appeared like the normal guy next door to everyone....never falling under suspicion at all.

Maybe So said:
Though I doubt Rader is connected at all to JBR...I think his case illustrates that a similar type of sicko/monster/intruder could have pulled off her murder and delighted in her parents being suspected and still appeared like the normal guy next door to everyone....never falling under suspicion at all.

Sure does!!!

So many coincidences...dog catcher/stray dog..gee that is a coincidence, certainly not something a serial wannabe would have known! However, yes, I think this monster BTK is unfortunately not one of a kind.

Maybe So said:
He used the initials BTK and he also once posed as a phone repairman for SBC not a far stretch to get to SBTC from combining the two....

sissi said:
To add to my "list" today, I found his use of southwestern bell telephone company, another possible sbtc, interesting.

I find that very intriguing. When Lighthouse posted here regularly, and in cryptic form much of the time, he spoke of a connection between Southwestern Bell Telephone Company and the JBR murder. Of course, he claimed personal knowledge of this situation and of the man who worked for the phone company.

He and Camper posted back and forth; she may remember or have saved some of those posts.

Would they try to match his DNA to the DNA which has been unidentified on JBR? Or not becuase it is in different jurisdictions?

CCKP said:
Would they try to match his DNA to the DNA which has been unidentified on JBR? Or not becuase it is in different jurisdictions?

Perhaps, if there were any indication that he was in the area in '96.

Nehemiah said:
In light of the BTK killer, maybe SBTC stands for:
Strangle Bind Torture Club (as in hit in the head)

I haven't read much about Rader, but where was he in '96?

Why would Patsy write a "ransom letter" to cover up for Dennis Rader??

lisafremont said:
Why would Patsy write a "ransom letter" to cover up for Dennis Rader??

There is no doubt, given the nature of the ransom note, that the killer was a student of crimes, both real , in books , and on the screen. This part of the profile has never fit Patsy, no one has ever identified her as ,knowing about "police tactics and countermeasures",or, having used phrases from ultra-violent crime materials. I suggested a while back that we should visit the archives of the serial killer reading room, to get an idea of how the minds of not only serials, but the wannabes work. The idea was nixed and the link erased. This crime was committed by a dark mind, not by a middle aged mommy. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back