899 users online (169 members and 730 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    Trial date set for February 12, 2018. Yeah, okay, whatever. I'll believe that when I see jury selection.

He is expected to be evaluated again in advance of the scheduled trial. Although the trial is scheduled for Feb. 12, it can be postponed again -- though prosecutors, Kitsap County Superior Court Judge Jennifer Forbes and reportedly even Gaeta have expressed frustration at how long the process has taken.
    Over the summer, psychologists determined Gaeta was able to stand trial after he responded positively to medications but reported that Gaeta also said he would stop taking the medications once he was returned to the Kitsap County Jail.

If he had done that lapsed back into incompetency because he stopped taking his medications Judge Forbes may have been required to send him back to Western State, starting the process over again.
    http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news/...eta/725647001/

I'm too tired to dig in and research it at the moment but I don't recall any case where the defendant was in this much control of the status of their trial. It seems like if Gaeta is competent enough to understand he can stall his trial by refusing his meds and states exactly that then he is capable of aiding in his defense. Make sense?

And why would Gaeta himself be "frustrated" over the length of time the process is taking if he's the reason for the delay? IMO there's some game-playing going on and it burns my butt that Judge Forbes isn't reigning in the defense's shenanigans.

February 12 is going to be a busy day Gaeta's trial and Lena Lunsford both starting the same day...praying both this young girls get justice!

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Mot...399875421.html

Always My Own Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarple View Post
    Trial date set for February 12, 2018. Yeah, okay, whatever. I'll believe that when I see jury selection.

I'm too tired to dig in and research it at the moment but I don't recall any case where the defendant was in this much control of the status of their trial. It seems like if Gaeta is competent enough to understand he can stall his trial by refusing his meds and states exactly that then he is capable of aiding in his defense. Make sense?

And why would Gaeta himself be "frustrated" over the length of time the process is taking if he's the reason for the delay? IMO there's some game-playing going on and it burns my butt that Judge Forbes isn't reigning in the defense's shenanigans.
    Hoping little Jenise gets justice soon! It have been a very long wait.......

GG is a smart kid but he got caught in his lies to cover up the murder. He is sane as ever in the legal world but he is a violent predator that need to stay behind bars.

IMHO, he is so frightened to get a huge prison sentence that he is playing this game to avoid the inevitable. However, his life has been behind bars, be it in jail or a mental institution.

Oregonmama, I'm with you on the violent predator business. But his is also a terrific coward when with forces beyond his control. So, Gaeta, "man up" and get it over with. Jenise needs justice and her family needs to move beyond your cowardice.
    The greatest trespasser on justice still wishes it done to him.

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarple View Post

Oh, I recall tons. Have you followed the Hoggle case? And I remember a few from my CO days personally. It's called malingering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Gaeta exhibits suicidal tendency while off medication, the court should order 'involuntary treatment' (to a person who poses serious risk of self-harm or harm to others) since clearly he is unable or unwilling to decide for himself to take medication that would fend off such tendency. Why the court hasn't done so and also assigned a legal mental health expert to assist the defense and set a hard trial date is beyond me. End this darn thing, already.
    ......... ..........
    .my opinions are my own.

You said it. Dammit. That little girl & her still-suffering family, and all of their neighbors need justice.
    Last edited by borndem; 12-04-2017 at 11:04 PM. Reason: typo

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Meanwhile, in Santa Cruz CA, AJ Gonzalez appeals the ruling that he will be tried as an adult for Madyson Middleton’s brutal rape and murder. Don’t get me started on these two!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...addy+Middleton

http://www.mercurynews.com/2015/07/2...iddleton-died/
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Watching and waiting for this to start...
    Jmo kseal07

Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.
    --Mark Twain

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15