CA CA - Will McAdams, 24, Palo Alto, 8 May 2015

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
A Palo Alto flying instructor disappeared after taking a leased plane without permission in early May. Will McAdams, 24, went missing around 1 a.m. May 8 after he flew out of the Palo Alto Airport, from a posting on the Facebook page of Fly High Bay Area Aviation School. McAdams, who founded the flight training school, was last believed to be flying near the coast along the Mexican border.

Officials received a report around 9 a.m. the same day that a 2011 G1000 Skyhawk plane had gone missing from the airport. Police said the plane was privately owned but used for instruction by the school.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_28142643/palo-alto-flight-instructor-missing-since-may-8

28DBBA8400000578-3087811-William_James_McAdams_above_24_of_Palo_Alto_flew_off_for_an_unkn-a-8_1432047676473.jpg
28DBBA7B00000578-3087811-Allen_Kenitzer_Federal_Aviation_Administration_spokesman_said_Th-a-7_1432047676394.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tor-stole-plane-11-days-ago-disappearing.html

Heading towards Mexico in a stolen plane sounds a little like smuggling. I hope he is safe wherever he is.

Heading towards Mexico in a stolen plane sounds a little like smuggling. I hope he is safe wherever he is.

The article says that Will owns the aviation school where he went "missing" and that the plane was privately owned but used for teaching lessons. I took that to mean Will personally owned the airplane but used it for training. Of course if that's the case, technically the plane isn't stolen and he wouldn't be considered missing.

Gigtu, I had the same thought of possibly smuggling. Whatever the case I hope he's come home or at least calls home if he can. JMO

But people usually do not smuggle things INTO Mexico. Very odd. Sounds to me like he might be suicidal.

The article says that Will owns the aviation school where he went "missing" and that the plane was privately owned but used for teaching lessons. I took that to mean Will personally owned the airplane but used it for training. Of course if that's the case, technically the plane isn't stolen and he wouldn't be considered missing.

Gigtu, I had the same thought of possibly smuggling. Whatever the case I hope he's come home or at least calls home if he can. JMO

The link in the first post says that it's a leased plane, McAdams does not own the plane.

But people usually do not smuggle things INTO Mexico. Very odd. Sounds to me like he might be suicidal.

You're right katy but I was thinking flying into Mexico to pick up drugs at some obscure location and flying back to the US. Since his aviation business was the starting point he hoped that without a flight plan no one would notice he was gone.

But JMO

The link in the first post says that it's a leased plane, McAdams does not own the plane.

Officials received a report around 9 a.m. the same day that a 2011 G1000 Skyhawk plane had gone missing from the airport. Police said the plane was privately owned but used for instruction by the school.

I did read the first part of the post from the MSM link. I took it that "leased" & "privately owned" meant McAdams leased the plane from a business or a person but was used by the school to teach lessons. Much like leasing a car for business.My thinking was that the school had possession of the plane for their use and wouldn't necessarily be reported stolen right away. I saw stolen to mean WM went into a hanger or airfield and took a plane without permission. However, I could be mistaken.

MOO

You're right katy but I was thinking flying into Mexico to pick up drugs at some obscure location and flying back to the US. Since it was his aviation business was the starting point he hoped that without a flight plan no one would notice he was gone.

But JMO
Bingo. This is the exact scenario I envisioned.

If he is doing very much flying, he has to get fuel somewhere. And a single person couldn't fly around the clock or he would get too tired. So, he has to be landing that plane somewhere periodically.

If he is doing very much flying, he has to get fuel somewhere. And a single person couldn't fly around the clock or he would get too tired. So, he has to be landing that plane somewhere periodically.

Good point

[FONT=pt_sansregular][h=3]4/24/15
Booking Charges:
[/h][/FONT]

[FONT=pt_sansregular]AGG. BATTERY WITH WEAPON (DATING VIOLENCE)[/FONT]
[FONT=pt_sansregular]BATTERY (DATING VIOLENCE)[/FONT]

I wonder if the "date" in said charge is accounted for.?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back