DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe partially singed/burned vest... thus part of the color problem??

Very well could be. The suspect might have had it on then taken it off before running away and left it in the car or next to the car?

I live near Baltimore and almost weekly I have people, usually in pairs, sometimes single, come to the door wearing safety vests and carrying a clipboard. They ask to see my utility bill. They are generally from a competing utility company trying to get me to change from BGE. I've had several get angry when I refuse and several have lied when I ask who they are with. BTW, I never open the door and have a glass /iron door that I keep locked and speak through.

I live in an urban area and this also happens to us. They are aggressive and intimidate people into showing them their bills. It's a scam. I once asked one for a brochure or some written information, and he didn't have any and tried to intimidate me into thinking my request was stupid. I asked for his company phone number and he said he wasn't allowed to give it out. I don't even answer the door to them now. And, yeah, they wear things to make them look official, but it's totally fake - like an ID hanging on a cord around their neck and holding a clipboard. I can picture one with a vest, though in this case, I don't think it was a fake utility guy who gained access to the home....no reason why I doubt it, I just don't.

JMO

Regarding why they stayed overnight, I think it was because of access to bank accounts. They either were waiting for the bank to open in the morning and/or waiting for SS's assistant to arrive at work to receive instructions about leaving the package. I also like the idea posted above that there was a safe in the house that perhaps had a timed lock on it - that it couldn't be opened at night.

What confuses me is that if any of the above scenarios are the case, why would the crime begin on a Wednesday afternoon? Wouldn't they know that the late afternoon would be too late to conduct some business transactions either at the the bank or online? They could've arrived very early Thursday and accomplished the same thing without the overnight stay.

Maybe the Porche being driven during the day Wednesday was the perp with Amy trying to get money at the bank in person, but it didn't work as planned. So then, Amy called SS to come home early...and everything had to wait overnight.

JMO

I wonder if the perps fully intended to complete the crime on Wednesday with Amy and it didn't work. That's why they kept contacting NG to tell her not to come to the house - they were letting her know the job was not complete. I wasn't thinking she was in on it, but now I'm really questioning those messages to her. I'm not fully convinced yet as there are still many loose ends.

JMO.

There have been several burglaries in our area recently involving perps posing as utility workers. Two guys dressed as utility workers will knock on a door and tell the homeowner that they need to get into the basement to check the gas or water. One of them keeps the homeowner engaged in conversation while the other loots the house, then they leave and the homeowner does not discover the robbery until they are long gone.

There have been several burglaries in our area recently involving perps posing as utility workers. Two guys dressed as utility workers will knock on a door and tell the homeowner that they need to get into the basement to check the gas or water. One of them keeps the homeowner engaged in conversation while the other loots the house, then they leave and the homeowner does not discover the robbery until they are long gone.

In my area, there have been similar type of robberies where people gain access to the home pretending to be somebody they are not. Something like this could have happened here. Only once they got in, they took family hostage.

This didn't play for me. Did it work for others? Is there a different link for it? I've yet to hear the voicemail.

It looks like they moved the video. Let me try and find another one

Regarding why they stayed overnight, I think it was because of access to bank accounts. They either were waiting for the bank to open in the morning and/or waiting for SS's assistant to arrive at work to receive instructions about leaving the package. I also like the idea posted above that there was a safe in the house that perhaps had a timed lock on it - that it couldn't be opened at night.

What confuses me is that if any of the above scenarios are the case, why would the crime begin on a Wednesday afternoon? Wouldn't they know that the late afternoon would be too late to conduct some business transactions either at the the bank or online? They could've arrived very early Thursday and accomplished the same thing without the overnight stay.

Maybe the Porche being driven during the day Wednesday was the perp with Amy trying to get money at the bank in person, but it didn't work as planned. So then, Amy called SS to come home early...and everything had to wait overnight.

JMO

YES. I agree it was something just like that.

I think the original plan was to do the withdrawel from the bank on Wednesday with Amy only which would explain why LE was wanting witnesses of the car on Wed.

I think what may have happened is maybe the account was only in SS name and was not a joint account which could be why perp was not successful on Wed using just Amy. Or maybe it was a joint account and for sums over a certain amount, maybe bank had a policy where both signatures needed on withdrawel of amount so large.

Once things got too late, the perp had to wait till next business day for bank to open again.

I think the perp had them convinced they would be let go safe once they gave him the money.
Because it appears that both Mrs + Mr both sent messages on Thursday to NG so at least those 2 were still alive on Thursday.

What a horrible person to kill them all after getting what he wanted.

I am thinking that seeing the perp running across the parking lot from the lot behind the church he is wearing a hooded seat shirt with the hood up. Then seeing the perp behind the building still in the hooded shirt w/hood up and carrying what appears to be a bucket that when he cleared that cameras view he was headed to the front of the buildings/road. It's my opinion that he then took off the hooded sweat shirt and was then wearing the safety vest. jmo idk

If the perp did go to a bank with either Amy or SS or both to withdraw money, they could have done it in a drive through lane away from the buiding. Banks have those tubes where you just put in a withdrawel slip and your drivers license and sign the slip and send it across through a chute. Its not like he would have to be right in front of a bank teller.

You usually have to talk to the clerk through an intercom. The perp could have been in backseat or passenger seat with a gun hidden from view of anyone.

If he did that then the good news is there definitely will be more surveilance cameras on that car. The only problem is if the pictures would give enough of a view of the perp to see his face or not.

I agree with others that I think LE has a suspect(s) in mind right now and they are trying to gather more evidence before they arrest anyone.

If the perp did go to a bank with either Amy or SS or both to withdraw money, they could have done it in a drive through lane away from the buiding. Banks have those tubes where you just put in a withdrawel slip and your drivers license and sign the slip and send it across through a chute. Its not like he would have to be right in front of a bank teller.

You usually have to talk to the clerk through an intercom. The perp could have been in backseat or passenger seat with a gun hidden from view of anyone.

If he did that then the good news is there definitely will be more surveilance cameras on that car. The only problem is if the pictures would give enough of a view of the perp to see his face or not.

I agree with others that I think LE has a suspect(s) in mind right now and they are trying to gather more evidence before they arrest anyone.

How much money can one withdraw this way?

How much money can one withdraw this way?

A LOT, but it varies. Its all up to the individual Bank's internal policy.

Many years ago when I was going on a vacation and actually had some money (LOL), I was able to withdraw 3,000 dollars using the drive through lane.

I think some banks probably have a policy that if it exceeds a certain amount, they may ask you to come inside to withdraw in person. So it really depends on each bank how they want to deal with it.

YES. I agree it was something just like that.

I think the original plan was to do the withdrawel from the bank on Wednesday with Amy only which would explain why LE was wanting witnesses of the car on Wed.

I think what may have happened is maybe the account was only in SS name and was not a joint account which could be why perp was not successful on Wed using just Amy. Or maybe it was a joint account and for sums over a certain amount, maybe bank had a policy where both signatures needed on withdrawel of amount so large.

Once things got too late, the perp had to wait till next business day for bank to open again.

I think the perp had them convinced they would be let go safe once they gave him the money.
Because it appears that both Mrs + Mr both sent messages on Thursday to NG so at least those 2 were still alive on Thursday.

What a horrible person to kill them all after getting what he wanted.

If you have a big fat bank account, it is not smart to have your cash all in checking. It pays no interest anymore. Smart people keep their funds in a money market account or other such thing (even CD's) and transfer monthly funds into the checking account. The ones that pay the best interest do not allow instant access to the funds. You have to transfer it. The transfer usually posts at midnight on the day of the activity. Sometimes at the end of the business day. So maybe that was what they were waiting for.

Also for those who fear this, we don't know at all that the boy was killed by burning. It's a gruesome thought and I doubt it. They probably knocked everyone out with a blow to the head or something else, and left them tied up. The last area to burn would still smell like gasoline. So the gasoline smell probably was not on the boy.

The following is from http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...k-Slayings-Were-Held-Overnight-304161751.html

"Firefighters arrived at the large home Thursday afternoon to find smoke and fire coming from the roof, and the four victims inside.

They said one of the victims was bleeding from the head and had a heavy smell of gasoline when he or she was transported to Georgetown University Hospital. There's also evidence that points to arson."

Also, I think Amy was supposed to be alone at the house. The deceased housekeeper was supposed to leave early at 3pm. Who knew that? NG.
The husband was supposed to stay late at the new martial arts place. Who knew that? NG.
I wonder where the boy was supposed to be and who knew that? Did he play lacrosse or something? Did his go-cart injury prevent attending a planned practice? Just a thought.

Not sure this applies...but just because a text came from someone's phone....doesn't mean THEY sent it. It can be sent by anyone who has possession of the phone.

Some messages look to me like perhaps someone who does not speak English fluently. But then, with auto-correct, so do a lot of stuff I write from my IPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123