1004 users online (183 members and 821 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MD - Melissa Collins, 17, raped & murdered, Hagerstown, 20 May 2015

Ernie Benjamin Chase, 35, was charged with first- and second-degree murder, first-degree child abuse resulting in death and first-degree child abuse resulting in severe injury after the body of Melissa Skye Collins, 17, was found inside a home at 124 East Ave. During the course of the investigation, officers became suspicious of the information being provided. Detectives obtained a search warrant of the residence and located the body of the victim concealed within the house.

http://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/...6a437c918.html

I wonder what the whole story is. Is he just a predator or has he been married to her mother for quite a while?
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

http://fox43.com/2015/05/20/missing-maryland-teen/

This is a very brief description of her & that she went missing. No details on the circumstances, just that she was last seen at her home at 7:30AM
    These posts are In My Opinion only!

Daily Mail article posted has a bit more detail. Apparently they contacted her bio father.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-basement.html

I'll snip the new (I think) details:
    Officers became suspicious of her step-father Ernie Chase when they interviewed him and he refused to let them inside. Her biological father, Lynn Hassinger, told Daily Mail Online that she was found in the basement.

Detectives promptly arrested Chase, 32, and charged him with murder and multiple counts of child abuse.

Police would not say how the girl was killed, why Chase allegedly attacked her or when she may have died.

Mr Hassinger, who lives two hours north of Hagerstown in Pennsylvania, said that she told him that she was scared of her stepfather because he was a violent person. But, she decided to live with her mother and stepfather in Maryland so that she could look after her little sister and two younger brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyseven View Post
    Daily Mail article posted has a bit more detail. Apparently they contacted her bio father.

This is so horrible!
    How can women stay with these monsters? They wait till their kids are dead!
    Very sad!

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    This is so horrible!
    Very sad!
    Horrible, indeed! Sounds like she stayed with that monster so he wouldn't beat the younger children? She was set to graduate high school in 2 weeks and go to college nearby. This is so sad!

Ernie Benjamin Chase, 35, was charged with first- and second-degree murder, first-degree child abuse resulting in death and first-degree child abuse resulting in severe injury.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Ernie Benjamin Chase, 35, was charged with first- and second-degree murder, first-degree child abuse resulting in death and first-degree child abuse resulting in severe injury.

This bothers me a lot because the mother said she saw her before she left for school but the girl was found deceased in the basement. I live in Hagerstown and I live VERY close (within blocks) of where this happened. This is one of those things where you would never think it could happen in your town but it DID and it's just heart breaking....
    What you're dealing with is a horrendous crime. Three young boys murdered in cold blood. Just that alone upsets people. You look at the bodies and there are these savage injuries all over. It affects people emotionally and warps their judgement and then someone says, "Maybe it's satanic."

And they say, "Well the only type of person who would do this would be someone like that."

UGGGHHHH. I am so sick and disgusted by these cases. Maybe the mothers should be charged along with the violent men that they CHOOSE to move in with their vulnerable children.

RIP Sweet Melissa Skye...
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

OMG! She sacrificed herself to protect her younger siblings! She died doing her mother's job! Please let the state take those kids away. Then she can live with whatever ******* she wants and I do not have to care.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Court documents reveal new details in teenager's murder

Very detailed article telling the story of what happened. Worth reading.

Court documents detailing the death of Melissa Collins show that she was beaten and strangled to death by her stepfather, Ernie Chase.

Collins' naked body was finally found by officers in her mother and stepfather's bedroom, according to charging documents. Clothes including her own removed pajamas, were piled on top of her in an attempt to conceal her body.

During Ernie Chase's interview, he told police that Collins began getting "cocky" and started talking back to him when they passed each other in the residence's hallway around 5 a.m. on Wednesday. He continued by telling police that he struck her in the face, which caused her to fall. Before she could scream, Ernie Chase said he began choking her with his hands and pulled her down the basement steps to continue silencing her. Once in the basement, he tied a piece of chord around her neck and pulled until she became motionless.
    RIP. The anger this man has inside of him is terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    This is so horrible!
    Very sad!
    It's unforgiveable. It should be a criminal offence to knowingly put your kids in danger by having an abusive violent partner in the home. I know sometimes women and some men have nowhere to go but she could have got a restraining order or gone to a woman's refuge anything would be better than putting your kids in jeporady.

It is terribly sad that this vibrant young woman who was doing so much despite a difficult home environment will never get the chance to live her life.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

no words
    she got cocky with him, boo hoo, even the best behaved teenager has a mouth, he was the effen adult (using the term adult in a loose maner here), he could have just ignore her
    go in peace melissa, you were but a fleeting light but i am sure your family will always remember you

Why was she the one who had to be the protector of the little siblings? Why not her biodad, or her mother? Why was she the only small voice trying to protect the babies, and ended up sacrificing her life? I can't imagine - honestly - being a dad and having my teenage daughter tell me she was afraid of Mom's new husband but wanted to live with them to protect the younger ones. ???

Court documents reveal new details in teenager's murder

Very detailed article telling the story of what happened. Worth reading.

RIP. The anger this man has inside of him is terrifying.
    So why was she naked?????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast