FL FL - George Contos, 58, Bunnell, 7 May 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
George Contos
george-cantos-missing-650x451.jpg

George Contos
Flagler Sheriff’s detectives are seeking the public’s help in locating George Contos, a 58-year-old Bunnell resident who went missing on May 7. Initially, the sheriff’s office considered the disappearance non-suspicious. That changed Wednesday night. Contos’s disappearance, and the recovery of his vehicle, as well as the length of time since he had contact with his family, have combined to turn the case into a potentially criminal investigation.
http://flaglerlive.com/78974/george-cantos-missing/

George has been added to NamUs with a last seen date of May 10, 2015.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/28776
Case Information
Status Missing
First name George
Middle name
Last name Contos
Nickname/Alias
Date last seen May 10, 2015 00:00
Date entered 05/20/2015
Age last seen 58 to years old
Age now 58 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Height (inches) 71.0 to 74.0
Weight (pounds) 240.0 to 280.0
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA Status: Sample is currently not available
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

Other distinctive physical characteristics: Prosthetic leg (Left leg amputated.)

Earlier this month:

http://flaglerlive.com/89209/contos-disappearance-billboard/

George James Contos for 10 years had lived in his 1,200 square foot mobile home on Apricot Avenue in Daytona North, also known as the Mondex. Detectives say many people knew him, at swap meets especially. He loved his motorcycles. He was reconnecting with his family and was planning on moving back north to Connecticut. That never happened...

The occasion was the unveiling of a billboard on State Road A1A, north of Beverly Beach, offering a $10,000 reward—double the original amount—and asking for help in locating the whereabouts of Contos...

Asked if it were still possible that Contos would be returned to his family alive., Sepe said: “There’s been a period of time that’s passed. I like to stay optimistic on the cases. We believe that there’s a possibility that George may never be brought home to his family. But we’d like to think that maybe there is a small possibility that he would. We can’t make that determination. There is no body that’s been found"...

One year has passed since a Flagler County man disappeared, and officials are still following leads.

(...)

Several attempts have been made over the year to locate Contos, including erecting a billboard announcing a reward for information on his disappearance as well as the Flagler County Sheriff's Office going on "Good Day Orlando" to discuss the case.

(...) "If it takes money to solve this case, we are prepared to pay for information."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/search-continues-for-missing-flagler-man-1-year-later

TV show names suspects in case of Flagler man missing since 2015

New DNA evidence, cell phone records, and a $23,000 spending spree may tie two suspects to the disappearance of George Contos, a Flagler County man who has been missing “under suspicious circumstances” since May 2015.

Flagler County sheriff’s detectives have sent case records to the State Attorney’s Office recommending that prosecutors charge Donald Corcoran and his stepson Andrew Nemec, both of Palm Coast, with first-degree murder.

That action was revealed during an episode of “Cold Justice,” a true crime TV show that airs on the Oxygen cable channel.

[...]

I knew George and I also knew the 2 men who are of interest in his disappearance. George didn't like them and wouldn't let them in his house.I just learned that he is missing. I know that it was these two men. They were junkies and would do anything for pills.
I hope that they charge these two men and I hope they are found guilty. I also hope that they tell where George is so his son can have closure.

I knew George and I also knew the 2 men who are of interest in his disappearance. George didn't like them and wouldn't let them in his house.I just learned that he is missing. I know that it was these two men. They were junkies and would do anything for pills.
I hope that they charge these two men and I hope they are found guilty. I also hope that they tell where George is so his son can have closure.
Welcome to Websleuths Christina!

Sorry for your loss. I hope the evidence is strong and they will find George!

Just watched the Cold Justice rerun.
Let's.charge these two

George James Contos – The Charley Project

George James Contos

george_james_contos_1.jpg
george_james_contos_2.jpg
george_james_contos_3.jpg
contos_george_tattoos.jpg
contos_george_tattoos2.jpg

• Missing Since 05/09/2015
  • Missing From Palm Coast, Florida
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 01/04/1957 (64)
  • Age 58 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'11 - 6'3, 240 - 280 pounds
  • Medical Conditions Contos has diabetes.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair, brown eyes. Contos's left leg has been amputated and he wears a prosthetic replacement. He has multiple tattoos on both arms, including a Viking helmet and the words "9-10-81 Aaron" on his left bicep and a spiderweb on his elbow. He also has lightning bolts tattooed on his abdomen. Photos of some of his arms tattoos are posted with this case summary. Contos had a mustache and a long gray goatee at the time of his disappearance. His nickname is Uncle Waldo.
Details of Disappearance
Contos was last seen in the F section of Palm Coast, Florida on May 9, 2015. He was supposed to visit a friend in South Carolina, but never arrived there and has never been heard from again. He was reported missing on May 17.

On May 20, his white four-door 1997 Lincoln Town Car with Florida license plates was found abandoned in the parking lot of an ACE Hardware Store at St. Joe Plaza along Palm Coast Parkway in Palm Coast. A photo of the car is posted with this case summary.

Contos had lived in a mobile home in the 5800 block of Apricot Lane in Daytona North, Florida for about ten years prior to his disappearance, but he was planning to return to Connecticut, where he used to live and work as a welder, and where his relatives live.

He enjoyed riding his motorcycle and going to swap meets, and he's described as a self-reliant man who was well-known in his community. He was in close contact with his family, but none of them have heard from Contos since two days before he was last seen.

Prior to his disappearance, Contos had sold some property and planned to buy a 2013 Dodge Dually truck for $15,000. Donald Corcoran, a handyman who sometimes did yard work for him, said he was going to help him get the truck. Traffic cameras showed Contos's vehicle trailing behind Corcoran's car on the day Contos disappeared; they were driving in the direction of St. Joe Plaza, where Contos's car was later found.

Based on some discarded money bands the police later found in Contos's home, about $25,000 in cash was missing from the residence when it was searched. Corcoran is known to have made several large purchases between May 11 and June 4, 2015; he spent a total of $22,834, mostly in cash.

Corcoran and his stepson, Andrew Nemec, are suspects in Contos's disappearance and presumed murder. Corcoran is known to have made a purchase at the ACE Hardware store where Contos's car was found on the day Contos was last seen, and Nemec's DNA was found on the driver's seat lever of Contos's car. The two men have not been charged, however.

Contos's case remains unsolved.

I don’t get what the delay is on charging them. There’s literally no one else it could be. All the evidence points to them. How frustrating. I feel for Georges son. He just wants closure.

George James Contos – The Charley Project

Last updated February 17, 2022; details of disappearance updated

Details of Disappearance
Corcoran and his stepson, Andrew Nemec, are suspects in Contos's disappearance and presumed murder. Corcoran is known to have made a purchase at the ACE Hardware store where Contos's car was found on the day Contos was last seen, and Nemec's DNA was found on the driver's seat lever of Contos's car. The two men have not been charged, however.

In 2021, Contos's son was charged with attempted murder and and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon after he allegedly chased his girlfriend with a gun, refused to comply with police orders to stop and get on the ground, and had to be stopped with a taser dart. The son's girlfriend stated he had made multiple explicit threats to kill her. He has not been named as a suspect in his father's case, however.

Contos's case remains unsolved.

It says there isn’t dentals or DNA for George but now that his son has a record, maybe family DNA can be collected. That way it can be compared to any UID.

His son wasn't even in the same state when his father disappeared. I mean...he could have hired someone but that is definitely not the vibe I got. Corcoran went on a shopping spree with George's money. What is the hold up on them going after him and his nephew?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if George had both of his femurs? I know He was an amputee but I wasnt sure where on his leg It stopped?

I ask Because these remains found last week in Flagler county had both femurs.

Does anyone know if George had both of his femurs? I know He was an amputee but I wasnt sure where on his leg It stopped?

I ask Because these remains found last week in Flagler county had both femurs.
I came here to ask this, lol. Everywhere I have read it is called a leg amputation, not a partial leg amputation. But, someone I know swears she saw a picture of him in shorts and thought it was a partial, and saw the picture before the info about the femurs came out. Of course, she is having trouble finding it again. I also think it is highly suspect that they released this information outright, almost like they are sending a message about Contos. Maybe they are messaging “it isn’t him”, possibly to the suspects? I don’t know, but I found it truly bizarre that they gave out this info when they are otherwise being very close-mouthed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back