DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The money thing:

According to police documents and law enforcement officials, Savvas Savopoulos’s assistant dropped off a package containing $40,000 to the house hours before the fire and bodies were discovered last Thursday. Police records also show numerous calls involving Savopoulos from and to the assistant, a bank, an accountant and business associates that morning.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...fa7-11e4-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html?hpid=z1

The reporting has been particularly poor imo. Now this:

Police have not been able to confirm that Wint, who was named as the suspect in the attack on a family in their Washington, D.C., mansion last week, was ever in New York City despite his girlfriend's claims that he stayed at her apartment Wednesday night.

The girlfriend, whose name has not been publicly released, said that he might have come up to New York via bus after last Thursday's murders but police sources told ABC News that they are "not confident" that's accurate.

...She is not a suspect in the case and does not face any charges, police said.

http://6abc.com/news/no-reason-to-believe-mansion-fire-suspect-in-nyc-police-say/734309/

I'm carrying this over ..

What in the effing heck???

She's covering for him? Giving police a bum steer?

Awesome.

Took a huge break

Has there been an arrest?

I'm carrying this over ..

What in the effing heck???

She's covering for him? Giving police a bum steer?

Awesome.

Right?!? Just to buy that animal some time?! I think though it's possible they know and are reporting more or slightly different stuff in the event he's watching the news to intentionally catch him off guard.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think I've seen any reports on DDW's cell phone activity. Presumably he has a cell phone and the police no doubt have a search warrant authorizing access to his cell records. Wondering if his cell phone records led them to question the girlfriend.

I am really disturbed by this report that LEO isn't sure he was ever in NYC with the girlfriend.

Are people REALLY THAT STUPID to give false reports like that...in a case like this???

I am sorry...I have no sympathy for ignorant people!!!!!

I tend to agree with those that believe that he acted alone.

Believe he was more than capable of holding all four by himself...Father arrived home later, so others were prob already restrained

And knew better than to allow even one more into the home: ie) Vera's husband and poss NG

She's also the GF of a 34 yr old loser/murderer, probably trying to come out of this as best she can.

WHAT?
But according to his FB he's "self employed" and his attorney says he's a "real nice guy" and he has so many "friends"!

" Court records show that in 2010, Wint was charged after police found him sitting behind the dumpster of a gas station near American Iron Works with a two-foot-long machete in his backpack and a pellet gun. He pleaded guilty only to holding an open container of beer, and he spent one day in jail.

Wint also was arrested in 2006 in Oswego, N.Y., near Syracuse, and charged with stabbing a man, according to the Syracuse Post-Standard. David Bookstaver, a spokesman for the New York State court system, said that Wint had been arrested at least three times in the late 2000s on assault charges and been convicted in some cases."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...707c0c-ffa7-11e4-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html

His attorney appears to be even more stupid then DDW, if that's possible. Maybe he can talk him in, dumb to dumber, & then they can go to trial.

US Marshall Service standing down now in Brooklyn

Not believed to be here according to reporter in Bklyn on Andrea Tantaros subbing on Fox

Too many leaks perhaps in MPD and NYPD imo! Ridiculous

Stating the obvious but -- it's a lot easier to catch a suspect who is broke than it is to catch one with $40,000. He has the means to travel by bus & train.

" Court records show that in 2010, Wint was charged after police found him sitting behind the dumpster of a gas station near American Iron Works with a two-foot-long machete in his backpack and a pellet gun. He pleaded guilty only to holding an open container of beer, and he spent one day in jail.

Wint also was arrested in 2006 in Oswego, N.Y., near Syracuse, and charged with stabbing a man, according to the Syracuse Post-Standard. David Bookstaver, a spokesman for the New York State court system, said that Wint had been arrested at least three times in the late 2000s on assault charges and been convicted in some cases."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...707c0c-ffa7-11e4-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html

Huh that's really interesting bc I just checked the ny courts criminal database for him and nothing showed up. I wonder if he was involved in any federal cases.

But that is definitely how they got his DNA then bc they swab everyone when convicted even misdemeanors.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member