CANADA Canada - James Walton, a.k.a. Michael De Bourcier, 27, Caledonia, ON, 2 Aug 1992

there's a photo of 'Michael de Bourcier' at the link ... can someone bring it here perhaps?

Does it say where he was planning to go with his passport.

Seems odd that a 33 year old would pre-plan a funeral...

I don't see anything else about the passport in the abbreviated version posted at CBC. Apparently there's a longer version but I can't find it. Or maybe it's just the documentary that tells more of the story ... not sure.

ITA about the funeral. I'm developing a theory in my head that involves 'Mike' being an undercover detective whose job was just a front and whose 'death' was fake as well. Maybe the cop who called Dylan was just probing to see if Dylan knew anything about whatever case 'Mike' was actually working on.

Michael%20de%20Bourcier.jpg

Michael de Bourcier

Dylan%20Reibling.jpg

Dylan Reibling

The story says he met Mike in 2000, Mike died two years later, that is 12 years ago. Did he hire the PI back then, or just recently?

Very intriguing story.

I'm curious about what appears to be a seal figurine on 'Michael's' monitor in the office shot. Usually an item on your monitor has meaning in your life or past life. From Newfoundland? assuming he's Canadian.

Also wondering what the item is under the monitor and just out of reach of his left hand - almost square.

Jacie - thanks for bringing the photos here

Wow - what a strange story!

Wonder if the guy had a criminal record/was on the run and knew he'd never get a passport... or US citizenship? Why else would anyone go to all that trouble...?

And how did he know (or at least suspect enough to make arrangements..) that he was going to die? Why both make plans for travel AND your own funeral?

Maybe he was a witness in some terrible crime.. a spy... a killer...

Gosh. So intriguing.

Dylan claims he hung out with Michael all the time yet when he asked him about the reference...it appears they were not together for those two weeks.

In 2000, the company was a start up ISP and Michael's desk was a cardboard box according to Dylan. The photo shows something entirely different with the caption: Photo of Michael de Bourcier c2000

I find it strange the police (and subsequently the PI) don't know where this person is buried if it only takes a phone call. The funeral service company may not tell Dylan (which again is odd because it is not a problem in the US for anyone to be given that info), but LE should have easy access.

I am finding a few discrepancies in Dylan's account of things. This sounds more like a made for TV movie or a series than an actual false identity case.

Actually -- if you look at the office picture, it seems very 'professional'. doesn't it? Perfectly lit, no glare, not a thing out of place anywhere.

And looking at Dylan's work history and various projects... this *could* be a stunt.

The EXIF information on the photo shows the date it was taken as 7/6/2001 at 8:52am. The camera was a KODAK DC4800 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA which would have been capable of a photo like this.
The attributed copyright year, on the article is wrong.

Google image search shows this photo in much smaller form, on several websites.

Tin Eye matches it to a site in NZ that was Crawled on 2010-09-08
http://www.targetpest.co.nz/PestControlSpecialOffers.html

I wonder where these sites got it from.

With the site Yoda found, clearly this is a real case but the photo being used like stock art is weird.

Thank-you jaunty-girl for the pic info. He doesn't look very obese to me in the pic, yet when he passed away 10 or so months later, he's described as morbidly obese.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back