1072 users online (210 members and 862 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I really hope that Dylan returns to WS to give us more info!
    Just My Opinion

http://www.cbc.ca/livethroughthis/st...ampaign=buffer

Mike and I both bonded over coming from small towns in Ontario
    Haven't been able to read every article yet, but do we know what the small towns in Ontario are that were discussed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj2BIac8_7E

"Raconteurs presents "SUPERHEROES" - Dylan Reibling - "Friends With Mike"

Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post

Haven't been able to read every article yet, but do we know what the small towns in Ontario are that were discussed?
    Goderich Ont. is mentioned in video posted, also, fwiw, it seems JSW wanted to teach business English in Germany.

Hey Everybody - I thought I'd check this forum and give a couple of updates.

The OPP press release makes it seem as though the OPP solved the case, which is not the case. I solved the case by combing through missing persons databases until I came across the picture of James Scott Walton. My heart skipped a beat. Even though the guy I knew was 10 years older than JSW (and maybe 50 pounds heavier, and with much less hair). I knew instantly that my friend "Michael De Bourcier" was actually James Scott Walton.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanreibling View Post
    Hey Everybody - I thought I'd check this forum and give a couple of updates.

The OPP press release makes it seem as though the OPP solved the case, which is not the case. I solved the case by combing through missing persons databases until I came across the picture of James Scott Walton. My heart skipped a beat. Even though the guy I knew was 10 years older than JSW (and maybe 50 pounds heavier, and with much less hair). I knew instantly that my friend "Michael De Bourcier" was actually James Scott Walton.
    Welcome to the thread, dylanreibling!!
    Very interesting case, glad you followed through and helped with identification!
    Can you think of ( and share ) the reason/s your friend may have wanted to disappear?
    When will the doc. be available to watch?

I can say that James Walton was a respectable citizen with no criminal record and a loving and supportive family. There are still many questions that we would love to have answered, but I can say that much for now.

In terms of the documentary, I'm hoping to have a short version ready in a couple of months. There will be a full-length version at some point in the future, but that timeline is yet to be determined. It's always a long process, so I appreciate everyone's patience and interest!

From MSM articles it seems that there was a DNA match -- glad that the family was able to get confirmation. How long did the actual exhumation permission process and testing take??

Thanks for coming back to the thread Dylan!
    Just My Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post

I was wondering that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ontario Mom View Post
    I was wondering that myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Goderich Ont. is mentioned in video posted, also, fwiw, it seems JSW wanted to teach business English in Germany.
    Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj2BIac8_7E

"Raconteurs presents "SUPERHEROES" - Dylan Reibling - "Friends With Mike"

the you tube video gives a fair bit of background information including the names of some of the small SW On towns such as Clinton and Goderich.....and there was mention of a couple of others
    Just My Opinion

There was actually no exhumation (to the great relief of family and friends).

In 2002, when James' body was found (under the name of Michael De Bourcier) there was some confusion about the identity. So the coroner's office decided to save a tissue sample during the autopsy. All that was needed was a mouth swab of a suspected relative, which was easily obtained. I was told that DNA test results typically take 3 months, but they rushed it through and it took about 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanreibling View Post
    There was actually no exhumation (to the great relief of family and friends).

In 2002, when James' body was found (under the name of Michael De Bourcier) there was some confusion about the identity. So the coroner's office decided to save a tissue sample during the autopsy. All that was needed was a mouth swab of a suspected relative, which was easily obtained. I was told that DNA test results typically take 3 months, but they rushed it through and it took about 6 weeks.

That's impressive news. BZ to the diligence of the coroner's office ! Also .... impressive is your tenacity in finding resolution in your friend's identity and it must have provided some solace to his family.
    Just My Opinion

So LE had a an UID male or a body with a questionable ID. Does any report(s) exist in MSM about LE needing help with identifying him? Any official documents? He is still listed on the doe network. Don't they remove a person after they are located? Maybe I've got my networks mixed up!
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by wendybtn View Post
    So LE had a an UID male or a body with a questionable ID. Does any report(s) exist in MSM about LE needing help with identifying him? Any official documents? He is still listed on the doe network. Don't they remove a person after they are located? Maybe I've got my networks mixed up!
    Strange story, it seems LE is still investigating, but the body was identified as the missing man, James Scott Walton.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...970s-1.3083234
    rbbm.

"Ontario Provincial Police say they've discovered Walton had assumed the name of Michael Debourcier – a four-year-old boy who had died in a car crash in British Columbia – and moved to Toronto in 2000.

>snip

"OPP, working with Walton's mother and the coroner, used DNA from "Debourcier" to determine his true identity was James Scott Walton."

What an amazing story!

We are so lucky to have Dylan here with us providing us with details - A Big Thank You to you Dylan!!

Also, Walter's family must be extremely happy that you were tenacious in your search for Michael's true identity!!
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son! "I will always be his father. On this earth I don't see him, but in heaven we'll be together," Metalwala said.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast