Found Deceased FL - Heather King, 21, East Naples, 21 May 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Heather Nicole King
7857349_G.jpg

Deputies searching for missing 21-year-old in East Naples
Collier County deputies are asking the public for help in finding a 21-year-old woman who has been missing since Thursday evening.

Deputies say 21-year-old Heather Nicole King was last seen by friends at the Days Inn & Suites on Tollgate Boulevard in East Naples. King suddenly left the area around 7:30 p.m. -- leaving her cell phone and purse behind.

Family members are concerned because King's friends believe she was under the influence of an unknown substance when she left.
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29136828/deputies-searching-for-missing-21-year-old-in-east-naples

Father says body he found in Collier County is his missing daughter

-A Naples father says he found the body at the center of an East Naples death investigation and believes it’s his missing daughter’s body.

Four days after Heather disappeared, her father went out in search of her. He says it was only a short time before he stumbled across a body in a wooded area off Bush Boulevard near I-75.

While King swears it is his daughter, the Collier County Sheriff’s Office says the body is badly decomposed and at this point no one can identify it. As the family waits for confirmation, they believe it’s Heather.

and her poor daddy is reading this saying, "i told you so!"......i know the officials had to go through the identification process, but i can understand his frustration as a parent if he feels they really didn't look for her, the video i saw earlier showed just how close she was found to the hotel she went missing from........bless her father for going out and finding her himself :heartbeat:

:rose: RIP

Family grieves young woman's mysterious death
Posted: 8:03 PM, May 29, 2015

snipped by me
Four days have passed since King’s father found her body in a field behind an East Naples hotel, and her friends and family are no closer to an answer as to how that happened.

Friends told deputies King was under the influence of an unknown drug when she left the Days Inn on Tollgate Boulevard around 7:30 p.m. Thursday. The Medical Examiner has not released a cause of death. Toxicology tests are pending.

“Nothing makes sense,” [King's mother], Truax, said of the circumstances surrounding her daughter’s death.

How did King end up so far into the woods without her phone or purse? Did she stumble there alone? Did someone take her?...

... At about 8 p.m., a Days Inn employee called to say he had retrieved King’s purse and cellphone from a garbage can where two people were seen discarding it. They told the employee they were throwing away garbage from Taco Bell, Truax said...

Troy King said he drove to the hotel, parked his white van and checked behind an adjacent hotel, the Super 8, following a trail that led into the woods. He saw some buzzards and noticed they were circling a body. When he got closer, he recognized a tattoo on the person and knew it was his daughter...

Truax believes her daughter died of an overdose and that the people she was with know more than they’re saying. She suspects King’s death might have something to do with a synthetic street drug called flakka.

From last week:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/loca...nd-in-east-naples-last-year-28-364701661.html

Neither a seven-month investigation by the Collier County Sheriff's Office nor an autopsy by the medical examiner's office was able to determine what happened to a woman whose body was found in East Naples last May...

The autopsy did not find any trauma to King's remains, according to a Sheriff's Office report released Friday. A toxicology report showed the presence of several drugs in King's system, including "a very high level of morphine in combination with ethylone, a designer drug." Borges said the drugs were a likely cause of death but couldn't definitively rule it as such...

Alicia Clouse, a friend of Heather King, said she isn't quite sure what happened but doesn't believe an overdose was the cause of death... Because of the condition of King's remains, Clouse said, "a lot of our evidence is gone."

A year after finding his daughter’s body, pain is still fresh for Bonita Springs man

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/local/a-year-after-finding-his-daughters-body-pain-is-still-fresh-for-a-bonita-springs-man--330e186a-d244--380904281.html

It has been a year since his daughter, Heather King, disappeared from a hotel on Tollgate Boulevard in East Naples. A year since his desperation drove him to search for her in a wooded area behind a nearby motel. A year since he found her body being preyed on by buzzards.

"It doesn't get easier with time. At least it hasn't for me," King said, sitting outside his Bonita Springs home last week. "That saying, that time heals? I don't know. Maybe someday."

In his spare time, Troy King visits the site where he found his daughter's body. Right where he found her, he built a cross memorial for his daughter out of steel and more than 4,000 pounds of concrete. Her name is cut out in the steel center of the cross. It took him three days to build.

When he's not sitting on one of the three concrete tiers that hold up the cross, he's sitting by her headstone at Palm Royale Cemetery. An angel of grief weeps over the plot where she was laid to rest.

A lyric from one of their favorite songs, Crystal Eyes by L.A. Guns, is engraved in the stone: "Let her be free."

what an incredibly sad article.

I am thinking perhaps after awhile, the friends went looking for her and found her dead, and freaked out and tossed her **** and left the hotel post haste because they were afraid they would be charged? it is sort of crappy it took them so long to find her. her poor dad, finding her. although if he could see her hip, was she undressed?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back