757 users online (113 members and 644 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Error message re: Selected posts/quotes

No; but I was just told this:

You have selected 2 posts that are not part of this thread. Quote these posts as well, or deselect these posts.
    I'd selected no posts whatsoever and was in the act of reviewing a post I'd just written at the time.

You get that message if you use the multi-quote button and then surf over to another thread without replying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave AHFB View Post
    You get that message if you use the multi-quote button and then surf over to another thread without replying.
    I don't use the multi-quote button. In fact, I wasn't quoting anything.

Dave, this is a glitch I've noticed. Is not the same situation that WFG is reporting, but...if I use the multi-quote function, AND I reply to the multi-quotes, the next time I quote a post -- in ANY thread -- the posts selected previously appear in my posts.

In other words, previously, once I replied to multi-posts, those posts/quotes were "released". Now, they are "stuck", and continue to appear in any post where I "quote" unless I physically go back and de-select them.

Hope that makes sense.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Here I have selected two posts to "multi-quote".

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

No; but I was just told this:

I'd selected no posts whatsoever and was in the act of reviewing a post I'd just written at the time.
    In this post, I selected ONLY post #1 as a quote. Posts number 2 and 3 still appear as "quoted posts".

To undo that, I will have to physically "deselect" posts # 2 and #3 even though I already replied to them in my previous post.

ETA: Note the check mark in the multi-quote button even though I've "quoted" the posts twice.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

My apologies to WFG. Did not mean to hijack the thread with a different issue, but seems they might be related.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Bessie, that is a known problem on VB. It was solved at one time but has come back in later versions again. At this time it is not being worked on by VB.