673 users online (95 members and 578 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

GA - Carlene Rigby, 4, strangled, March 2015

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/22...a-death-ruled/

The death of Carlene Jane Rigby was determined to be a homicide and no one has been arrested. She was found with a cord from window blinds wrapped around her neck.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

I wonder what evidence led them to call this homicide and not an accident?
    Since kids getting tangled in the cords from blinds has happened so much...

Woah.... she died on her dead brother's birthday
    (he died when he was 5.)
    That's a hell of a coincidence.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/mac...?pid=174466907

Carly was preceded in death by her brother, Glenn (3/22/00 - 11/2/05)

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/cr...cide/27798803/

The child's mother, Jody Rigby, lost a 5-year-old son to a car accident in Coweta County in 2005.

After the death of the boy, Glenn Milton Price, Rigby became a member of the Heart of Georgia Chapter of the Bereaved Parents of the USA. The group's website lists her as a contact person.

Price would have turned 15 on the same day Carlene Rigby was found dead.

Parents of a 4-year-old girl found dead in her bedroom two months ago are considered “persons of interest” in her death, a source familiar with the case said Friday.
    The cord from window blinds was wrapped around her neck in a way that puzzled investigators.

http://www.macon.com/2015/05/22/3759...-homicide.html

Is LE jumping the gun?

The media informed the mother that her daughter's death was ruled a homicide....
    That doesn't look good for the communication between LE and the family...

Carly is the 3rd of the 4 living children... two older brothers and one younger sister.
    I am not getting a murder by the parents vibe here.
    I do wonder if it may have been a game gone wrong with older brothers or something.
    An accident but with help from someone else?

I guess I don't understand because this is something that often happens accidentally.
    Has there every been a window blind cord death that was ruled a homicide?

Maybe it looks like she was strangled with something else and then set up as an accident?

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    I refuse to have window blinds with cords in my house. I can remember as a child I wrapped one around my neck and I have never forgotten that feeling it gave. I wonder what evidence they have on this... Strange coincidence over the brother who passed.

My initial impression of reading the article I linked in the first post, was that the blinds cord was not attached to the blinds any more. I don't know why I thought that. Otherwise yes, could it have been a tragic accident. And the police are not putting much extra info out there which makes me think they are working on family or close friends, neighbors to get what they need for an arrest. JMO
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

I just don't get the impression that the mother did this. I could be wrong.
    When you have lost one child I find it hard to believe you'd kill another.
    I believe that the brother had a different father though, which might be tough for her husband to deal with.
    I don't know... it's weird. I'm interested to see the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    I just don't get the impression that the mother did this. I could be wrong.
    When you have lost one child I find it hard to believe you'd kill another.
    I believe that the brother had a different father though, which might be tough for her husband to deal with.
    I don't know... it's weird. I'm interested to see the evidence.
    From your earlier link:

Investigators have submitted their findings to the District Attorney's Office "to bring a resolution to this case," a sheriff's office news release states.

Something caused Carlene's death to be ruled a homicide. Perhaps the ME found other trauma on her her body or evidence of older injuries.

I think this earlier article from March 31 may hold some clues as to what direction LE was headed. From Bibb County Sheriff David Davis:

Obviously in a situation like this where you a child dies, you know the parents obviously would come under scrutiny, anyone that was in the house is someone that you would look at. But to say that any person now is a suspect or that we have information that would lead us in the direction of any one person or anything is very premature at this point."

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/loc...girl/70738276/

Given that it was Carlene's father who found her hanging and the only people in the house were family members, there's really only one way to connect the dots. So I guess it comes down to what you said - what evidence does LE have.

I really wonder what evidence police have that makes them think this was a homocide and not an accident. A few years ago, a young child hung himself in the blind cord of the blinds over his bed in the pediatric ward of a local hospital. Of all places you would expect to be safe and not have loose cords hanging around would be a hospital pediatric ward. Yet a child strangled there in the blind cord. It has happened in many homes and parents are warned to never have loose cords hanging from blinds. I wonder how the police know it wasn't just a tragic accident. It seems like it would be awful losing 2 children in the same family at 2 different times.

In one of the articles, it says that police were puzzled by how the cord was tied around Carlene's neck. That tells me that her father did not untie Carlene when he found her. Wouldn't that be your first instinct if you found your child like that? You would want to take the cord off their neck...see if they are breathing...try CPR...anything. It just seems a little off that dad saw his little girl with a cord around her neck, called 911, and then just waited for the cops to get there...while his daughter still has a cord wrapped around her neck. It just seems to against any sort of fatherly instinct.

The cord from window blinds was wrapped around her neck in a way that puzzled investigators.
    Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2015/05/22/3759...#storylink=cpy

Maybe they seem like a ~nice family but so did the Harrises, and we know Justin and possibly his wife premediated the awful murder of their little son. The comments are almost deja-vu from when JRH was first arrested.

I don't get a "mom did this" vibe.
    I don't have the same opinion of the father.
    I am 100% sure he was aware this day was her dead brother's birthday.
    They obviously still included the dead brother in the family.
    Like I said, that might be tough for a man who was not his father.

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    In one of the articles, it says that police were puzzled by how the cord was tied around Carlene's neck. That tells me that her father did not untie Carlene when he found her. Wouldn't that be your first instinct if you found your child like that? You would want to take the cord off their neck...see if they are breathing...try CPR...anything. It just seems a little off that dad saw his little girl with a cord around her neck, called 911, and then just waited for the cops to get there...while his daughter still has a cord wrapped around her neck. It just seems to against any sort of fatherly instinct.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2015/05/22/3759...#storylink=cpy

Maybe they seem like a ~nice family but so did the Harrises, and we know Justin and possibly his wife premediated the awful murder of their little son. The comments are almost deja-vu from when JRH was first arrested.
    That's what made me think the cord was no longer attached to the blinds!! "The cord FROM the blinds." Not the window blinds cord or a cord on the window blind. A cord FROM the blinds.

No new info out there that I could find. Bumping for Carlene. May she RIP.

http://www.macon.com/2015/06/30/3822...rls-death.html

Investigation still ongoing. Kids still removed from their custody. Praying for some resolution.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast