KateB

Reaction score
Please continue here.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Facebook: Who Is This Man? Possible Alias: Lyle Stevik
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Who-Is-This-Man-Possible-Alias-Lyle-Stevik/526230690768530

NamUs: https://identifyus.org/cases/11100

The Doe Network:
Case File 233UMWA
233UMWA1.jpg
233UMWA.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim created by David M. Morris.

Unidentified White / Native Male

Located on September 17, 2001 in Amanda Park, Grays Harbor County, Washington.
Date of death is September 16, 2001

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20 - 30 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 6'2"; 140 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly Hispanic. Black hair; hazel eyes. His hair was neatly trimmed.
Distinguishing Marks: Appendectomy scar on abdomen. He had recently lost a lot of weight (possibly 30-40 pounds). A small mole on the left side of his chin. His earlobes were attached. His appendix scar was old.
Clothing: All in very good shape were a Blue plaid shirt, gray Fruit of the Loom T-shirt, Levi 550 blue jeans (size 36-34), black Timberland boots (size 10 Medium) and a black leather belt (markings "genuine leather made in USA" along with "7301" and "L31".
Fingerprints: Available
Dentals: Available. Teeth in near perfect shape. He had orthodontic work done.
DNA: in CODIS
Other: It is possible that he spoke with a slight Canadian or similar accent.

Case History
The body of this white or Native male was located in a Quinault area motel. His death has been ruled a suicide.

He had checked into the motel using the name "Lyle Stevik" from 1019 S. Progress Avenue, Meridian, Idaho. The address he listed is for a motel. Lyle Stevik is a character in the book You Must Remember This, by Joyce Carol Oates. He indicated that he was going to stay a few more days though he had only paid for one evening. The maid entered the room on September 17, 2001 and found him hanging from the coat rack with his leather belt. He had left money on the nightstand with a note that said "For the Room". The only personal belongings in his possession was a tooth brush and paste.

He arrived by bus, possibly one that came from Port Angeles (south), but a bus came up from Aberdeen (northbound) and arrived about the same time. Neither driver was sure if he was on their bus. He arrived with no luggage, and there was no luggage, clothing, etc. in the motel dumpster. He may have come from Canada, as the clerk recalled that he had "a slight Canadian accent". The fact he wrote the word "suicide" on a piece of paper found in the trash leads authorities to believe he wrote a letter home, telling someone of his intentions, that he was going to disappear, so they aren't looking for him. He may have been dying, or suffered from depression, as he lost a lot of weight, although nothing was found at the autopsy. There were no indications that he ever wore a wedding ring. Fingerprints were sent to FBI and RCMP with negative results.

Agency Case Number:
01-7870

NCIC Number:
U960002335
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

was it ever solved about where he got the money from?

eta: ^^ that was a dumb question. sorry it's late. but I was reading through the old thread and thinking about where he was able to get money to pay. he might have had a job, sold something, or had saved money from somewhere.

It's just so aggravating that it appears they did not check that ATM or interview people at the store.

It only costs $100 to submit DNA to Ancestry to locate possible relatives and determine if he was Native American.

Another thing to consider is that the person who reported Lyle as missing could have gotten the date he was last seen - or a number of other demographic information such as age, height, weight and birth or scar marks - wrong. Maybe we should expand our net to account for possible errors? Not only that, but I have a friend who is not albino, has a black mother and father, but when I learned he was actually black a year after I first met him, I was completely stunned. No one would ever suspect he was even bi-racial. Maybe we need to open our minds a bit in trying to make matches with Lyle?

Kenneth cant be lyle. Lyles ears were attached, he had very distinctive ear lobes.

I am behind. I had no emails from WS yesterday cause they changed the subscription addy to gmail so my filter stopped working
The hotel does have a web site
Welcome to the Quinault River Inn

It only costs $100 to submit DNA to Ancestry to locate possible relatives and determine if he was Native American.

I have passed the genealogy info to his NamUs case worker. CCM could get it donated free.

Might Lyle's hair actually be a dark brown colour? Or is it just the lighting?

http://i.imgur.com/c6wjs6X.jpg (WARNING: POST MORTEM)

Should a recon be done with brown hair?

And his eyebrows appear to be of average size in the Imgur photos, not thick.

Still_Seek_Answers & I have asked Carl if he could do a full body recon. He just got home from Missing in Michigan; we got busy with a fund raiser to send Tammy Alexander's friend Laurel to the graveside memorial in June. They will be putting Tammy's name on Cali's grave stone. I will ask if he can look at the eye brows & hair color. Lyle looks like my Hungarian father; I have pics Carl can use for hair color

What happened to Lyle's other clothes? Were they in a backpack? A car? Did he arrive in the clothes that he would die in?

My question is this: would clothes not start to smell if you wearing them for three days (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)? CCM said the clothes Lyle was found in were not soiled in anyway. I think he said he was surprised at that, and I am too. There were no food stains or dirt found on the clothes Lyle was wearing.

And then, of course, underwear... Sorry to be crude but you can imagine what would happen if you wore the same underwear for that long (and taking frequent showers wouldn't make a difference). And seeing as he didn't have anything else in the room, was he sleeping in his underwear too? Perhaps he didn't check in until Sunday, but as previously mentioned, he was seen on the porch on Saturday (by hotel guests I'm presuming).

A quick search on old weather data suggests that it was 11-12 Celsius in Amanda Park, Washington, from September 14 through 16. That's not cold by any regard, but is that not coat weather? Lyle only had a T-shirt.

was Illija Dukic completely ruled out?

Lyle looks like some ethnic type of white to me, not native american. But if he was biracial or multiracial, that's why we may be getting so many conflicted opinions.

I agree, his hair does look a lot lighter here. I hadn't seen this photo before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, his hair does look a lot lighter here. I hadn't seen this photo before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's almost the same picture as the top one in this link:
http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t2176.htm

I'm also interested in knowing where Gourami got the sketch that he added on Lyle's Unidentified Wikia page. I have never seen it before, and I had no idea that other sketches had been done. The only one I've seen was the one that was used on the DoeNetwork.

Anyone see that trash can with the trash in it and the bag laying in it? I was thinking maybe he tossed some stuff and maybe that bag was possibly left in there by the maid under the bag he may of tossed? I know a few hotels I have been to have left an extra bag in the trash cans. Also the one picture of lyle's pants, the pocket is loose.... I can't recall but I think most pants when new the pocket it kinda tight? Sorry hard to explain lol!

1 more thing, I did not see any mention if the woman who checked him in noticed if the clothes he died in was the same exact clothes he had on when he checked in........ I could of missed that though....

The color of the belt looks right so maybe, but there are varying degrees of black hair with the lightest being almost brown. However, it wouldn't hurt anything to add one in dark brown. I still see his brows as very thick. The difference is the bright light in the ME's office. Same with his hair color. (Or someone played around with the lighting of the original photo and it is misleading?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopyxxoo31