1288 users online (214 members and 1074 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by outofthedark View Post
    Might Lyle's hair actually be a dark brown colour? Or is it just the lighting?

http://i.imgur.com/c6wjs6X.jpg (WARNING: POST MORTEM)

Should a recon be done with brown hair?

And his eyebrows appear to be of average size in the Imgur photos, not thick.
    I agree, his hair does look a lot lighter here. I hadn't seen this photo before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HeinzDoofenshmirtz View Post
    I agree, his hair does look a lot lighter here. I hadn't seen this photo before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it's almost the same picture as the top one in this link:
    http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t2176.htm

I'm also interested in knowing where Gourami got the sketch that he added on Lyle's Unidentified Wikia page. I have never seen it before, and I had no idea that other sketches had been done. The only one I've seen was the one that was used on the DoeNetwork.

Anyone see that trash can with the trash in it and the bag laying in it? I was thinking maybe he tossed some stuff and maybe that bag was possibly left in there by the maid under the bag he may of tossed? I know a few hotels I have been to have left an extra bag in the trash cans. Also the one picture of lyle's pants, the pocket is loose.... I can't recall but I think most pants when new the pocket it kinda tight? Sorry hard to explain lol!

1 more thing, I did not see any mention if the woman who checked him in noticed if the clothes he died in was the same exact clothes he had on when he checked in........ I could of missed that though....

Quote Originally Posted by outofthedark View Post
    Might Lyle's hair actually be a dark brown colour? Or is it just the lighting?

http://i.imgur.com/c6wjs6X.jpg (WARNING: POST MORTEM)

Should a recon be done with brown hair?

And his eyebrows appear to be of average size in the Imgur photos, not thick.
    The color of the belt looks right so maybe, but there are varying degrees of black hair with the lightest being almost brown. However, it wouldn't hurt anything to add one in dark brown. I still see his brows as very thick. The difference is the bright light in the ME's office. Same with his hair color. (Or someone played around with the lighting of the original photo and it is misleading?)
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Clarksville, Indiana/Louisville, KY Metro area
    Kenneth's ear lobes look attached to me.
    ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~! ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story..."
    - Desiderata, Max Erhmann, 1927

"Lady O'Leary was F R A M E D!!"
    - Kentuckiana, 2015
    ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~ ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Quote Originally Posted by Babyslims View Post
    Anyone see that trash can with the trash in it and the bag laying in it? I was thinking maybe he tossed some stuff and maybe that bag was possibly left in there by the maid under the bag he may of tossed? I know a few hotels I have been to have left an extra bag in the trash cans. Also the one picture of lyle's pants, the pocket is loose.... I can't recall but I think most pants when new the pocket it kinda tight? Sorry hard to explain lol!

1 more thing, I did not see any mention if the woman who checked him in noticed if the clothes he died in was the same exact clothes he had on when he checked in........ I could of missed that though....
    Ooooh - that 's an excellent question imo. Have not seen that addressed to date.

It has been opined that LS discarded his belongings between arriving at the motel and hanging himself. Not sure about that. Jmo.

Was that question ever put to Aunt BW I wonder?

Is it possible to move the crime scene pics and the case 1 and case 2 files to this thread? Tia.

Wow, we have a new thread? Already?

I agree with SeriouslySearching...I think this last picture was taken in more "natural" lighting, maybe even near a window(and, for anyone who hasn't looked, it isn't as sad of a picture as I thought it might be, even though it does show the belt around his neck). Lighting can have a tremendous effect on color, especially when it comes to hair. My own hair color is much lighter than my avatar makes it look, for instance, because I took that picture in low light - we've probably been seeing the same effect with most of Lyle's pictures.

Caucasian "black" hair is almost always really just a very dark brown(and I agree that he looks more like an "ethnic" Caucasian than like a Native American, but wouldn't rule the latter out by any means) - it only looks black because of its great contrast against the color of the person's skin. Whatever race Lyle was, he seems to have had relatively pale skin, and this new picture makes it look like it might have stayed that way even after sun exposure.

Considering the weather, and whether or not it's coat weather...I don't know. To me, it's only coat weather if I'm going to be outside for a long time(and even then, any "coat" worn would basically just be a regular long-sleeve shirt). And he was a man; men don't seem to get cold as easily as most women.

He must have been some kind of magician to make his clothes appear clean even after(apparently) wearing them for such a long time...I have thought about this several times, and all I can think of is that he must have washed them every day and then put them back on(that'd wear them out very quickly, though). His clothes could be another argument in favor of him having had a backpack with him at some point.
    "Two eyes are not enough, if one desires to accomplish anything." - Marie Bashkirtseff

Last edited by bessie; 06-03-2015 at 02:35 AM. Reason: ****WARNING!! GRAPHIC PHOTOS IN FIRST LINK.***

<modsnip>

I clicked on those links and I am confused. Who is at those links?
    Last edited by bessie; 06-03-2015 at 02:35 AM. Reason: removed quoted post. see links in previous post.
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    Photos are of Lyle and the hotel room. The documents are from the investigating LE'D file.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    It's the case file of "Lyle Stevik"

What baffles me is how people seemed to have little recollection of him, despite being seen alive for 2 days before. There HAS to be some people who did see him on Friday and Saturday (aside from the ones who saw him on the porch).

They need to find the Saturday witnesses. What was his demeanour at that time? What was he doing?

I found some info on Google about the hotel - it hasn't been around for very long (in my opinion). Around the time that Lyle had died, it had only been around for 3 years.

https://www.dandb.com/businessdirect...a-9124244.html

Well, I guess that probably means he wasn't there because of memories of staying at that hotel. I wonder what it was before it was a hotel(if anything).

It is amazing how so many cases have these "mysterious witnesses" who give one vague statement and can never, ever be found later on for more detailed interviews.

Maybe he made a concerted effort on his own to keep himself from being especially memorable to the people who saw him, but it seems like it'd be really difficult to(for example) go to the store without someone remembering you. I mean, if you buy something, you almost have to speak to at least one person(the cashier).
    "Two eyes are not enough, if one desires to accomplish anything." - Marie Bashkirtseff

Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast